Daily Inspection Could Make An Interesting Scenario

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by paul.pavlinovich, Sep 22, 2021.

1. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

The practice of daily inspections before using a locomotive could make an interesting and realistic scenario that could be done without ever moving the train. Working through the checklist would improve the locomotive knowledge and operational knowledge.

An example USA FRA inspection

Paul

• Like Like x 6
  2. Geth_2234

Geth_2234 Well-Known Member

Something else I'd love to see would be train defects/ breakdowns that occur randomly but with the ability to turn the feature off in settings.

• Like Like x 4
  3. steamfan#1309

steamfan#1309 Well-Known Member

This has happened many times with the f 7 on the crr. I think it is a bug, but I never reported it as it makes the operation more realistic especially with when the crr is themed

• Like Like x 1
  4. paul.pavlinovich

I managed to engage Matt on the topic of random events once and the general feeling that in time table mode it was too hard to deal with because of the ongoing timetable ramifications and the remainder of the run would likely fail as the game wasn't easily able to cope with it. I've often wondered about this and have done some experiments by parking my train and going away for a while only answering the periodic do you want to give up control messages and I do have to say it really does cause issues.

I also love the idea Geth_2234 and would be happy to have more breakdown scenarios. I am really hopeful that Scenario Planner 2 will offer more of the features like TS2021. If you can do things like put in go via and add your own stopping points and set points/switches in advance, even without scripting you can achieve something reasonable along these lines. There are enough of us out there in the community who would be interested I think.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Geth_2234

Geth_2234 Well-Known Member

now you mention it I completely understand where your coming from I assume that unlike in real life when when breakdowns, line closures etc do happen they cancel or divert trains but I guess the game is unable to do this as it has a consistent set of instructions and needs everything in order or the dispatcher gets lost.

this is the kind Of thing I’d love to see, I think the ability to share these would be good on a TSW marketplace or something along those lines

• Like Like x 1
  6. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea and for Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg and Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen those fast tracks are LZB equipped therefore a special train ICE-TD and ICE-S is required for Daily signal inspection on High Speed Lines.

• Like Like x 1
  7. paul.pavlinovich

I wonder if they have LZB/AFB/PZB equipped hi-rail vehicles - at least to the point where they accept the line side signals and provide the in cab indications.

• Like Like x 1
  8. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Good question but in my opinion Deutsche Bahn Netze stock there is no high railer for LZB AFB PZB therefore they use dedicated equipment that have those installed source is Railfaneurope.net go on DE Deutsche Bahn Netze. My asking our Forum members from Germany and Austria to see if they use road railers equipped with LZB PZB AFB Sifa.

• Like Like x 2
  9. paul.pavlinovich

I've been in a hi-rail with vigilance (what we call SIFA - if you didn't hit the button it cut out the motor) but did not apply the brakes.

Paul

• Like Like x 1