Miles Driven

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jon_mann, Sep 26, 2021.

1. jon_mann

jon_mann Member

Is there an issue with the recorded miles driven?

Mine is currently showing approx 6900 miles, but when I add all the routes individually I get 7800 miles. This is the only trophy I need to get the platinum trophy.

Any suggestions?

2. PETE_CZE

PETE_CZE New Member

I have the units set automatically, some routes show me the total number in miles, some in kilometers. Isn't that the same "problem"?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
  3. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

It's a known issue, not all routes add to your overall total and even amongst those that do , it's not always a 1:1 addition.

Certain routes such as GWE do work 1:1 (at least most of the time) but if you're really chasing that trophy, LGV give you the best mileage to time ratio. In fact, it's possible to start an end to end route and, as soon as you're up to speed, make a save and just let the train run till it SPADs (or derails). Reload your save, rinse and repeat. It'll take 6 or seven hours to cover a thousand miles so might still a few days but the trophy will pop. A complete exploit but it'll get you there (although the LGV will always show as your best train depending on how many thousand miles you need).

• Like Like x 1
  4. jon_mann

jon_mann Member

Thanks for the reply. Working through all the dlc anyway, so I expect it will come eventually.

• Like Like x 2
  5. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

the miles are defended by the distance in a straight line, and sometimes you already see x with a distance of 7 klm, and as you advance the distance increases and decreases. That is the distance that the train makes, that is not valid for them, the one that is worth is straight line that is the one that they want. Ex sometimes you have to slow down in 3 miles and your train takes almost 5 to get to the change. that they teach you the distance in a straight line, your train always does much more. That is why the miles that go from station to station are counted, they are not the miles in a straight line. and 1 klm is 800 yards, I want to say a mile 1600 meters, which is confusing to add all. it is best to trust them.