Fast Forward Feature

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by JayJay3692, Aug 21, 2021.

?
  1. Good Idea

29 vote(s)
    76.3%
  2. Bad Idea

9 vote(s)
    23.7%
  1. JayJay3692

JayJay3692 New Member

I think it would be quite cool and useful to have a fast forward style feature in service mode, because sometimes I enjoy waiting in game for the next service to start and continuing along the day as would happen in real life, but on some routes the time between services such as the ICE on Köln-Aachen is a bit lengthy, or for example when doing freight services one service might finish at 1100 and the next freight service doesn’t begin until 1500 or something, so having a fast forward style feature without having to leave the session would be very cool and useful, and it is less immersion breaking than completely leaving the sim to choose the next service.

• Like Like x 8
  2. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Why has this topic not more traction? I had to wait 4 minutes to end my shift. Nothing to find on the platform so I literally had to wait 4 minutes to get my results and medal. Fast forward is a must, driving trains in game is fun but waiting in game is as dull as in real life. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. JayJay3692

JayJay3692 New Member

That’s very true, even if it’s not a entirely “in game” style fast forward such as on foot pressing L2 or R2 on the PS controller speeds up or slows the time again, even if it’s something such as you look at the PIS screen and it says the next service is in 45 minutes at 08:30 so maybe have a new menu option that says “fast forward” and you enter the time you want so for example 08:25 so you only have to wait 5 mins instead of 45 and then the game does some sort of little cutscene style thing and voila you’re at the new time setting, because I actually enjoy staying in the game rather than having to leave to the menu every time I finish a service.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JayJay3692

JayJay3692 New Member

Or maybe even make the seating at stations available to sit down in and when you sit down it gives the option to speed up time to some reasonable degree like 30x or something, or if you’re idle at a station for a set amount of time the game asks if you wish to speed up or skip a set amount of minutes in increments 15/30/45/60 mins etc. similar to some games that have a “sleep” mechanic that lets you choose how long, I seen Bus Sim 21 has a nice fast forward mechanic.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Gtasandman

Gtasandman Active Member

Shouldn't be that hard to add too seeing as the hidden game commands let you skip time.

• Like Like x 1
  6. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

What have I missed?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

Hidden game commands?
    There might be some dev command terminal but we won't have access to that in a shipping build. What commands are these?

8. Gtasandman

Gtasandman Active Member

9. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Great idea to skip time whilst waiting for another service to start without quitting the game and going forward in time

• Like Like x 1
  10. morph147

morph147 Active Member

a fast forward feature could be helpful on the routes like sand patch grade and clinchfield where you are going 5 miles an hour for 2 hours to get up a hill. If I can put my controller down and go make supper and then take a nap and come back and nothing has changed, then the route is no longer fun.

• Like Like x 1
  11. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

ive been trying to get the Stuff from Holbeck to Newton heath on NTP I have A method of doing it but waiting a few hours is boring so i speed up feature is a must have