Ice Passenger Information Screens Don't Have The Right Routes

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jeroendomino, Sep 27, 2021.

1. jeroendomino

jeroendomino New Member

Hi all

I don't know that much about trains, so pardon me for the simplistic explanation.
    In the ICE trains, you can set the route screens next to the passenger doors so it says something else than "Nicht Einsteigen". However the only options there are Brussels and Frankfurt Hbf. I recently bought the Rush Hour Season Pass, and wanted to drive the ICE on there. The route the ICE does on that line is Dresden to Frankfurt Airport, but I can't set the screens to match either of those destinations. Am I doing something wrong? Is this known about and being fixed?

2. mrcharliemiggins2.0

mrcharliemiggins2.0 Well-Known Member

The ICE for Koln Aachen (which is the one that runs on Dresden) does not use the new automatic PIS screens. They only use the textured ones which are authentic.. for Koln only, and this is the same for the ICE on Munchen, but with a slightly wider variety. The Munchen ICE does not run on Dresden.

• Like Like x 2
  3. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Considering you are a new member I would like to add something to the above explanation (which is correct).

In TSW2020 we got a very early version of PIS, which we could choose from the cab, this worked by just applying a texture with the destination name on the screen, that's the "textured one".

Newer version of the PIS screen simulates and actual display and automatically shows your destination.

This new system has only been available since LGV Méd, so all trains before that still use the old system, and in case they are layered on other routes they lack some destinations.

On top of that, in this particular case you are driving an ICE3M (which is an international variant of the ICE3) in place of an ICE-T, so it wouldn't even make sense for an ICE3M do display any of those destinations

• Like Like x 2
  4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

The best solution for this is actually load up all ICE3 family trains DB BR406 Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen HMA DB BR403 future DB BR407 Strasbourg Kehl Appenweier Karlsruhe Mannheim destinations including ICE-T DB BR411/415 which have Dresden Riesa Leipzig Erfurt Bebra Flughafen Frankfurt Frankfurt M Hbf ICE Line 50.