New German Route Tbc

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ARuscoe, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Haribo112

Haribo112 Well-Known Member

I think the most logical route to create next would be Hamburg - Hannover with the ICE2. They already have the very complex Hamburg Hbf part of the route. Couple of issues:
    1) they only recently did Hamburg - Lübeck, maybe they don't want to visit the same city again so soon.
    2) you can't realistically create that route without bundling a diesel freight shunter like the V90 (DB BR 294, 295 or 296).

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
  2. LWDAdnane

LWDAdnane Well-Known Member

Yeah, even this would've been good enough

3. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

I'm very unfamiliar with German railways so I couldn't suggest one, but I know they go faster than 150 in some parts.

And sometimes driving a train quickly is all you need for a fun route. That's basically what Marseille- Avignon is and that's one of my favourite routes in the game.

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

For some, yes. I wouldn't have that route if you paid me...
    But DTG rarely (and that route is the exception) only include the high speed lines, normally including the regionals and freight as well, especially in Germany where they have the assets existing

• Like Like x 2
  5. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Im going to take an eductated guess of Duisburg to Koln Airport via Köln Messe/Deutz station set in 1992 which marks the year ICE 1 services where launched on this route, the "additional" possible destinations being either Bonn or Dusseldorf.

It fits the 2 clues given so far (the D and 92) and is about the right length.

Also following the supposed pattern of 1 new loco and 1 existing loco if 1992 is the year then the only existing german loco available to be used would be the DB BR143, and guess what the BR143 was first trailed in the former West Germany in the Dortmond SBahn with service to Koln via Duisburg in (youve got it) 1992. The new loco would be the ICE1.

• Like Like x 1
  6. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

A '90s route would be awesome! I have suggested both the Saalebahn in the '90s and the Main-Weser-Bahn in the '90s and would absolutely love to see some of that very interesting and varied era of German railways.

Where was the '92 hinted?

• Like Like x 1
  7. redrev1917

Sam said there was a 92% chance of the new route making the next road map. 92 is too specific a number for it not to have some meaning surely.

8. jolojonasgames

Oh, to me saying 92% is just Sam being Sam, I wouldn't look to much into it, but I'd gladly be proven wrong.

• Like Like x 9
  9. redrev1917

Maybe youre right, but I hope you are wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  10. jolojonasgames

Expect the least, hope for the best! Hopefully new eras of German railways are waiting for is in the next year!

• Like Like x 1
  11. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

I think it will be this:

Koln to Dusseldorf. Maybe Dortmond to Hagen? I really hope that we get Koln to Dusseldorf and maybe Wuppertal. Koln to Wuppertal is the Most Suggested Route (at least on DTG forums) for TSW so it would make sense for Dovetail to make it. Plus, there's an Abbreviation:

KDW or Koln Dusseldorf Wuppertal

It would allow us to drive ICE services from Aachen all the way to Hagen and maybe Dortmund if that gets made

12. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

As far as I am aware the ICEs from Köln to Wuppertal don’t go via Düsseldorf.

I would rather hope for Duisburg to Köln, via Düsseldorf. It would now allow us to drive REs from Bochum all the way to Aachen. Most ICEs leaving Aachen will actually head south to Frankfurt, not north. However, there is the occasional Thalys from Aachen to Essen, turning around in Essen and heading back to Aachen…

• Like Like x 2
  13. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

You mean my suggestion the Appenweier-Strasbourg Railway with new feature SNCF trains on PZB LZB Sifa TGV Euroduplex uses a Metalized carbon strip DC Pantograph to run 15kv 16.7hz Deutsche Bahn Netze. Because TGVs only have two Pantographs DC 1.95m pantograph Metalized Carbon for Euroduplex and PBKA used for 15kv 16.7hz AC 1.45m pantograph Carbon contact Strip SNCF 25kv CFF 15kv 16.7hz.

14. driverwoods#1787

If that were to be the case Dortmund Hagen must also connect to HRR since long-distance trains do not use the S Bahn line Dortmund Witten Hagen. Instead those use the 1988 built Bochum Langendreer Junction. Since HRR in reality is Duisburg Essen Bochum Dortmund and Hagen Witten Railway.

15. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

You mean the Nurnberg - Munich line, which is 300km/h between Nurnberg and Ingolstadt. I'd like to see that line, not just because it's the route of the fastest RE route in Germany with BR101s. If they include one or two of Nurnberg's S-bahn lines if they can't do the full thing I think it's be a pretty nice route to do.

• Like Like x 1
  16. driverwoods#1787

That's a given bonus for HMA Owners because they can Max out DB BR403

17. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Pretty sure the only ICEs on that line are ICE3s and the occasional ICE T so it'd be a bit strange not to include the 403 IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  18. driverwoods#1787

SNM DTG abbreviation for Schnellfahrstrecke Nürnberg-München if made has the ICE 1 DB BR401 ICE4 DB BR412. Of those DB BR412 can layer to SRM RRO.

19. Huntlosen

Huntlosen Active Member

No only two ICE 3 lines on this route. Line 41 Munich-Frankfurt-Essen/Dortmund and 3 "sprinters" per day to Berlin via SFS Ebensfeld-Erfurt. The other trains to Berlin are ICE 4 or ICE t and the rest go to Hamburg/Bremen via SFS Würzburg-Hannover are ICE 1,2 and 4

• Like Like x 1
  20. driverwoods#1787

Good point but the Schnellfahrstrecke Nürnberg Ebensfeld-Erfurt is continued to Leipzig as Schnellfahrstrecke Leipzig Halle Erfurt opened in 2015. DTG abbreviation SLE. Internal code is DBK-R7 Schnellfahrstrecke Leipzig Erfurt Nürnberg. That should satisfy players of High Speed Trains however during the evenings those get Rhein-Ruhr Osten container trains pretty much the standard feature on German High Speed Lines since 1991 except for Schnellfahrstrecke Rhein-Main SRM.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
  21. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

TBH I don't really care about exactly what route it is.
    This could be great if the routes had the ability to be merged togheter, but having to do 2 trips to the menu to do 1 service is not worth it IMHO.

All I really want is new trains. ICE 1/2/4, Vectron, Twindexx Vario, Gen 3 DoStos, BR146.0 BR120 with the IC cab car, etc... hopefully bringing more substitution to enhance all my German content.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  22. driverwoods#1787

There's another way to run Duisburg to Aachen it's Via Mönchengladbach 108 km 67 mi surpassing the original plan for Riesa-Dresden by 3km 105 km 65 mi. Internal code is DBB-R7 if you saw Sam's post on the internal code. 7 is 2011-present 6 1991-2010.

23. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

I agree with you. Would be a big fan of a calm countryside route, or maybe something set about 20-30 years ago with some old ICEs. But as long as there’s any new train - and I don’t mean a slightly different existing loco - I’m guaranteed to be very interested in the route. The last completely new German train we got was the Munich S Bahn EMU a whole year ago!

• Like Like x 1
  24. trainsimfan94

trainsimfan94 Member

koln dusserdolf is in ts 21.

• Like Like x 1
  25. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

And that one isn't all that different at all from the Köln S-Bahn EMU.

26. jolojonasgames

Even at the tail end of Covid, such things do still increase chances due to research already being available.

Even though I'm one of the connected Rhein Ruhr network's early proponents, getting another route from that area already (withtout there being a perspective for mergers actually making it into a complete network) sounds a bit dissapointing, although good timtabling and new (and really new I mean) rolling stock could compensate this.

However, as far as German content goes I'd love to see some Diesel lines, or better yet a '90s route, which is way more interesting than modern traction to me personally, hence my suggestion for both the Saalebahn in the '90s and the Main-Weser-Bahn in the '90s.

I have a feeling that people saying Dusseldorf or Dortmund are probably onto something, as that is content that has proven to sell. Not sure if I'd want another route like that though.

• Like Like x 1
  27. jolojonasgames

Or, to be honest, the BR 425 from HRR. There are differences of course, but they are not worlds apart.

28. solicitr

I think though that even more variety of both rolling stock and color would come from a 70s-80s route, before everything got painted red.

29. jolojonasgames

70s and 80s had only a mix of oceanblue/beige and the classic colours from before that. Only in 86/87 did the Produktfarben (orientrot, etc.) get implemented. And then in the early '90s the DR paint schemes got added to that aswell, and in 94 the new logo was introduced.

That makes the early-mid '90s the sweetspot for me, as I love the Produktfarben, but also the paint schemes before it. Keep in mind that Verkehrsrot was only gradually introduced from '96 onwards (the first BR101s were still outfitted in orientrot), and quite a few of the older Einheitsloks (and also the 151 and 103) didn't get repainted from their original colours until the late '90s or even after the new millenium (if they were repainted before scrapping or sale at all). On top of that, a lot of passenger stock also never got the Produktfarben, especially the Silberlinge (n-Wagen) and other DB regional stock, wich often just got a newer DB logo applied. IC stock was quicker to transition to get repainted, but in my Saalebahn suggestion I used pictures from 1996, in which quite a lot of pre-produktfarben coaches were mixed in, even some on IC trains.

The current omnipresent and dull traffic red wasn't really a unified thing until the early 2000s at best. The '90s just had more variety, but I do get that Produktfarben are a matter of taste to some, even though they're my personal favourite together with ozeanblau/beige.

Edit: Some pictures from my Saalebahn suggestion, to add imagery to my point. All were taken in 1995/96.

[​IMG]
    A BR 141 with Silberlinge, all still unrepainted since they got the oceanblue/beige paint scheme in the '70s. It did however get a new DB AG logo.

[​IMG]
    Another BR 141, this time repainted in the newer produktfarben with the post 1994 logo. The Dostos it hauls are also in the Produktfarben scheme.

[​IMG]
    An IC on the left, all in Produktfarben, hauled by a BR 120. On the right a regional train, with coaches in old DR paint schemes, even though the DR had been history for 4 years now. The BR 219 hauling it had been repainted however.

[​IMG]
    An interesting mix of east and west. The BR 143 still has the Bordeaux Red livery it was delivered in, while the n-Wagen it hauls are still in the oceanblue (and beige, which wasn't used on these coaches due to their unpainted look) scheme the Deutsche Bundesbahn had been phasing out since 1986.

From my other '90s suggestion, all taken in the '90s.
    [​IMG]

An InterRegio, circa 1994. The BR 111 on the front still has the old logo and pre 1987 paint scheme. The overhauled InterRegio coaches it hauls had been painted in the most up to date Produktfarben scheme during their adaptation for the InterRegio traffic. The BR 111s would hold on to the ocean blue paint scheme for very long, due to the fact that they were newer compared to some older locos, and thus were further away from the big revisions at which new paint was applied. This is somewhat ironic, because the first orientred loco was a BR 111 in 1986. Many who were first shall be last I guess.

[​IMG]
    A BR 110 still in it's original Stahlblau or Kobaltblau paint scheme, from the ealy '60s (it's hard to tell which shade of blue it is, as the shade was changed mid production, and some locos were repainted in the newer Kobaltblau during revisions, but others weren't). This picture was taken in 1994, 20 years after DB oficially switched away from all blue locomotives in 1974. The loco did have the newer logo applied. Also note the fact that none of it's coaches had been repainted since the '86/'87 paint scheme change yet. This was common for coaches dedicated to the less prestigious regional services.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  30. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Yet another German route is going to have to either be something iconic (like Rhine Valley) or quirky (a scenic mountain branch line) or set in a heritage era, for me to be interested. Another 70km run with ICE, Dosto’s or modern EMU’s would, IMHO, be overkill at this point. There are plenty of other European countries as yet unrepresented in TSW that DTG should be taking a stab at.

• Like Like x 5
  31. Ben132465798

Ben132465798 Well-Known Member

I don't really care where it is, I just want a 152 or 189
    Edit: a 151 or 140 would be nice as well

• Like Like x 1
  32. Ben132465798

Or something pointed towards heavy freight with realistic freight lengths and realistic freight consists (So called "Einzelwagenzüge") also, please, another freight Loco, which only could do freight. Like the 150/151/152/181/189 to name a few

• Like Like x 1
  33. drahnoel

drahnoel New Member

Maybe it also stands for diesel and we finally get the Legendary BR 218. but no idea which vehicles could fit the 218 but maybe we get the route Lindau Kempten with the Oberstdorf branch line from TS

34. jolojonasgames

God the 218 would be great :). I did once suggest it as a possible DLC for my Pegnitztalbahn suggestion, which comes with the ICE-TD and BR 610 (it's set in 2002).

The 218 hauled mostly n-Wagen, Dostos and sometimes IC coaches (this becoming rarer throughout it's service life, as Germany electrified most of it's mainlines in the latter half of the 20th century). The 218 could also haul freight, but after the splitting of DB into different sectors, DB Cargo didn't use many members of the V160 family anymore (though they did in certain places and at certain times, it's not impossible to set the 218s on a route where they can also haul freight).

I'm truly hoping the D stands for Diesel, would be a very interesting variation to the available content :).

• Like Like x 2
  35. solicitr

Recall also that many of the Silberlinge during this period were "Grünlinge" or "Mintlinge", and that while the default livery was Ozeanblau and later Orientrot, the Interregios had their own blue scheme.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  36. MrSouthernDriver

MrSouthernDriver Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

found this route highlighted at the top, possibly this?

37. jolojonasgames

Yes, in my comment I've referred to all schemes as 'produktfarben for the sake of simplicity.

In reality it consisted of different schemes for different travel products (hence the name).

All locos were Orientred with white 'latz' on the front, except for locos used on the S-bahn, these had the same colours as the S-bahn coaches (see below).

IC coaches were light grey and had an orient red band along the windows, underlined with pastelviolet

ICEs used the same colours, but in a smaller band under the windows.

IR coaches were also light grey, with a light blue band along the windows, underlined with an even lighter blue

RE/RB coaches and MUs were light grey with a turquoise band underlined with a lighter shade of turqouise

S-bahn coaches and MUs were light grey with an orange band around windows underlined with yellow, except for those used in Hamburg and Berlin.

Then there was also light grey, with a dark grey band around the windows, underlined with mid-grey, for luggage coaches.

And the boot, there was light grey with a dark yellow band around the windows, underlined with light yellow for DB systemtechnik. This is the only scheme still in use.

38. solicitr

And so, in my second photo above, what is the part-coach in white with gray window band and red roof and frame rail?

NB: also up until 2002, the Speisewagen were red, in DSG or Mitropa livery

39. jolojonasgames

That is a coach in the new IC colours from ÖBB, this seems to be a quite recent picture.

I believe that the dining coaches were repainted way earlier. The ICs from 1979 onwards had matching TEE red/beige bistro coaches.

DR did use mitropa red coaches until its end in the early 90s though.

40. solicitr

While the ICs and TEEs carried consistent red/beige colors for all cars, I'm pretty sure red DSG Speisewagen remained on the Interregios right up to the end.

41. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Not usually. As the Interregios were never designed for having so much comfort as an IC they had their own Bistro cars with integrated first class seating instead of full restaurants like the IC had.
    They were painted in IR blue as well.

After the retirement of the IR fleet I think they were painted white and declared IC restaurants like the rest but don't get me on that..

• Like Like x 1
  42. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

TBH I'd love DTG to catch up on the bug fixes and DLC in the pipeline then move on to another route wherever that will be.

43. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

German content could offer such a variety! I hope that for this next dlc they step away from the usual modern, high-speed route...

• Like Like x 3
  44. jolojonasgames

Yeah I believe the InterRegios had dedicated IR liveried BordBistro coaches aswell.

As far as I know all current IC Bordrestaurant/Bordbistro coaches are former IR coaches at this point. The IC ones from '79 have been phased out.

• Like Like x 1
  45. driverwoods#1787

you mean ones on your proposed route Henglo-Bad Bentheim Osnabrück railway Junction with Rollbahn where these IR dining carriages are found on Intercity line 77 Amsterdam Berlin via Heneglo-Bad Bentheim Osnabrück Helmstedt former West Germany section East German section is Marienborn Magdeburg Potsdam then West Berlin Berlin Hbf. D can also mean DDR German Democratic Republic if people want more Hl signals former DDR Deutsche Reichsbahn routes

46. Ben132465798

Just give us a new Cargo loco and we're happy

47. jolojonasgames

I can totally see your wish for a new cargo loco, and there is a lot of potential, but to me personallly either Diesel routes or vintage routes would be way more important.

That's all personal opinion though :).

• Like Like x 1
  48. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Maybe they will throw a complete curve ball and it will be Wernigerode to Brocken. I'd pay £35 for that just to run with a diesel.

49. Ben132465798

We can get a new Cargo loco AND Vintage/Diesel at the same time!
    If we take a look at the 140,150, 139 or the 218,215,295 and a newer diesel would be the 265. A DMU would also be possible, but I don't think we would get the Pesa Link

• Like Like x 2
  50. driverwoods#1787

How about the replacement for 363 204 shunters the 280.5 tri mode 15kv 16.7hz Diesel Battery. 265 is the Voith Gravita which you sometimes see Jaimie play on Train Sim 22 when he streams that. Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg has a Hybrid Shunter 1002 Alstom Prima