New Containers Companies On American Freight Trains Too

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by grdaniel48, Sep 27, 2021.

1. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

I noticed on German trains there are container companies like Hamburg Sud, Hapag LLoyd, and the lately included One. So believe it will be great, is those companies be also on the American freights trains too.

One is lately commonly seen on those trains.
    The other 2 despite they are German ones, they are sometimes seen on US ones too.

So it will be great to have on CSX trains, apart from this company containers we already have today, to include the other 3 on them too!

Then they will be more colorful and real as this kind of trains are.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Personally, I would rather have the 40ft international containers come with a 40ft well car, as they look alot more fitting than sitting in the massive wells of the 56ft cars that come with SPG. Either a single unit or the 5-unit articulated cars that run on today's trains.
    shutterstock_1141433159.png -2015.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  3. JellyScrub

JellyScrub Active Member

More variety is always good.

4. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Furthermore I would like to have them on coming new US routes like Sherman Hill (Union Pacific) and Horseshoe Curve (Norfolk Sourthern), hope both will have double stacks freight cars!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
  5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent Idea and for Sand Patch Grade it's a Rockwood, PA-Cumberland, MD-Port of Baltimore service. These can also appear on Oakville Subdivision as a Toronto-Oakville, ON-Port Newark, NJ via Niagara Falls, NY & ON US Canada Border Easton, PA Delaware River Bridge

6. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

The 40' containers are carried all the time on 56' wells. I'd like to see a 53' hi cube on top of a 40 footer in game, as that is a pretty routine practice in real life. Also it would be nice to have three unit well cars and spine cars in game, too. The stacktrains in game now are pretty unrealistic and stagnant..