PlayStation Timetable Needs A Complete Overhaul For Boston

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Deltic00, Aug 22, 2021.

1. Deltic00

Deltic00 Active Member

The timetable does not account for safety systems being active causing you to be always extremely late when using them as you will always be stuck behind a slow F40 on the approach to Route 128/Boston. The timetable needs a complete rebuild to include accounting for safety systems being active, as you are unable to arrive at stations even within 10 minutes of the specified time.

• Like Like x 7
  2. dezzy1

dezzy1 Member

Also for the senario reverse engineering the train is blocked by like 7 trains when travelling to route 128 there’s also hovering signs too.

• Like Like x 1
  3. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

I get delayed by saftey systems when the route ahead of me is clear

• Like Like x 1
  4. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I think they engineered the timetable so that people that don't use the safety systems wouldn't have to wait 3/5 minutes at every station, while making us not having to get to the station more than 2/3 minutes late, to that add the mess and bugs that make you lose more time than expected and you get the current situation.

IMO they should just be using RL timings, if they can't be respected by the virtual trains, the sim is not realistic enough.

EDIT:
    Well, at least catctusjuice (the guy that designed the timetable) agrees with me, now we know the culprit. Hopefully this way of building the timetable will be used more broadly across the sim.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  5. Pixelade

Pixelade Well-Known Member

it gets worse the longer you play in timetable mode too. eventually, your entire path is blocked and AI trains stop moving. such a mess.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Possibly related to the reason why Southampton depot moves are not in the timetable yet....but those services (which are playable in journey mode) are a complete mess if you play with ATC/ACSES enabled. You are constantly getting brake penalised at ATC 0 with no stop signals in range. Also stopping points within blocked off areas and manual switches outside invisible walls

This route definately needs a patch or two

• Like Like x 3
  7. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Makes me wonder what they will do for Riesa to Dresden, knowing how PZB slows your speed sometimes.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Gtasandman

Gtasandman Active Member

I literally rear ended an amtrak train while approaching a red and it was within my block i think im just going to refund this and wait for London to Brighton to come out. I cant even enjoy a run without being late or stuck at a light[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  9. Gtasandman

Gtasandman Active Member

And of course the YouTube videos and streams show none of this so i buy it thinking its fine despite the expected lag at terminals and i cant even enjoy it

• Like Like x 3
  10. Pixelade

i was just thinking the same thing. i have seen NOBODY talking about this on YouTube. I'm gonna film a few runs to show off what I'm talking about. Just early tonight 3 trains got stuck on the Stoughton branch... smh

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  11. Gtasandman

Gtasandman Active Member

That was one of the ones i tried to do an inbound one almost bricked me in the station and an express left me stuck trying to get on the main even though it was no where close

12. ZeenozPlays

I'm actually working on a review for this route. Should have it out by Thursday this week. I'll mention the issues with the Signaling, Timetables, and general issues everyone have been having with TSW: Rush Hour.

• Like Like x 5
  13. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

I left Boston running for literally 24 hours and it all just kept on chugging, things got tied up occasionally but it recovered during the quieter times.

14. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

So....everyone was "complaining" that every route on all the others was green lit the whole way.

Now everyone is complaining that they have red lights everywhere?

Just checking?

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It’s not a straightforward case of there being red signals. The safety systems seem to be broken in some way and trains eventually start getting jammed because their path forward is being snarled by other services. It doesn’t seem right, but I accept I don’t fully understand US rail networks.

• Like Like x 6
  16. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

Ahhh ok, I have only done one on the tuition ones so far.

Will plough on later in the week.

• Like Like x 1
  17. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

I also encounter being put down to 0mph but when I contact the dispatcher it allows me to go up to 20mph.
    I have experienced this coming into Providence when there is a red signal at the end of the platform.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I had a similar issue on a run as well.

• Like Like x 2
  19. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Shockingly the multiple trains in the same block isn't a bug and is actually true to life. That's the only part which isn't a bug mind

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. noah hunt

noah hunt New Member

I’m the type of guy that likes to do 8 hour shifts, yes I am lonely. That is completely impossible with the current service mode, they should’ve done the timetable like they did with Caltrain, using actual times based from the real timetable instead of these auto generated times. I am always late on certain services when following the game timetable, but when I look at the real timetable, I am actually operating near schedule, and that’s when not looking at the ACSES/ATC.

My advice would be to turn the ACSES off and follow to follow the speeds given by the coloured signals, unless you happen to come across a Medium signal (30MPH) and if ACSES tells you to go 45, then obviously go up to 45, just don’t go below the coloured signal speed to avoid being late. Some people are saying it’s the timetable problem and some are saying it’s the ACSES problem. Both are correct and both of those things should be looked into.

By the looks of things, they didn’t test service mode properly before releasing the content which is a shame, makes it feel rushed. I am aware that some issues are able to slip through without realisation from the team, but this one is not acceptable. At least give the services a test.

Try and do Providence Line service 807 (09:35) Boston to providence and service 818 (11:15) from Providence to Boston in one go - YOU CANT! MBTA train gets stuck at Mansfield and blocks the Amtrak ahead. It won’t move until I run half way down the Amtrak and then it buggers off! Leaving me 10 minutes late. I am then able to continue to Boston, but unfortunately it will only go as far as the interlocking before South Station before another MBTA train gets stuck due to the massive delay.

Plus many other services which could potentially have similar issues preventing you from completing them.

• Like Like x 8
  21. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more. I was looking forward to playing with safety systems activate however having seen the seemingly random nature of them and how they throw the entire timetable into disrepair, I've had them off and ignored all their indications.

With that said, I am enjoying the hell out of this route and the timetable is do-able only without safety systems, which is unfortunate.

• Like Like x 5
  22. paul.pavlinovich

Matt has mentioned in stream that they use the real time table for the start times then calculate form there. It would be better if they used the Working Time Table for the route but these can be hard to get for current time tables as the railways tend to hold them pretty close.

Paul

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. noah hunt

noah hunt New Member

They managed to do it for the Caltrain route and most routes prior to Bakerloo Line.

• Like Like x 2
  24. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

What do you mean by holding close? I can easily ask any timetable from our local trains, doesn't mbta or amtrak have an app? Screenshot_20210828_110419.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  25. redrev1917

"The working timetable (WTT) is the rail industry's version of the public national timetable
    It shows all movements on the rail network including freight trains, empty trains and those coming in and out of depots. It also includes our unique identification codes for each train, and intermediate times for journeys, including which stations a train is not scheduled to stop at."

https://www.networkrail.co.uk/running-the-railway/the-timetable/working-timetable/

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

Ah i see, however there's no freight movement ingame and it's the passengerruns that are incorrect, those should be easily obtained right?

• Like Like x 3
  27. redrev1917

A public timetable doesn't show calling points like passing through stations, technical stops or in some cases junctions like a working timetable would. Network Rail (UK) have started making their working timetables available on line (as my link shows but not all countries do

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  28. Pixelade

did you go to map view and look at other parts of the route, though? Boston usually seems to be fine all day. It's the Readville/hyde park area and near Mansfield where things literally stop moving. Also, the Stoughton line gives up after a few hours too. 3-4 consists will get stuck between canton junction and Stoughton all at red signals that don't change. The only way to fix it is to quit to the main menu.

ALL OF THIS. I saw a few saying that they did playtest it, but I'm sorry they didn't playtest long enough. Some of us like to play 3+ hours at a time in timetable mode and if it was actually playtested that long they would've seen the issues we are seeing in the shipped version of the game. I feel like they ran through 1 service and called it good to go. Just hoping the fix is easy for them and it doesn't take a lot of time to figure out why all AI trains aren't behaving the way they are supposed to. If playtesting timetable mode for a full 8 hours isn't in the cards for them, I'll happily volunteer to do it. :)

• Like Like x 3
  29. paul.pavlinovich

KoeleKoen I see you got a great answer from redrev1917 - sorry I wasn't on for a couple of days to answer

Pixelade I've not noticed that happening overall, the only thing I've noticed is trains banking up to get over the overpass bridge. I kind of suspect the portal on that line is spawning trains but not accepting them. The way they test the timetable to that extent is through simulation not through play testing. Matt has explained that on streams a couple of times. Its running the timetable but everything is AI trains and I doubt the trains are drawn at all.

noah hunt eight hours, you are a glutton for punishment - good on you - not wanting to ruin your day or anything but many rail shifts around the world are 12 hours with a couple of hours off here and there for rest breaks except for long distance services where they might run that entire time.

30. Pixelade

yeah, there is something wrong with that portal up there I'm sure since that is where I see the most issues. :/

• Like Like x 1
  31. ber#3067

ber#3067 Member

It did it to me block the main line at readville two trains on the bank up to the overbridge stopping all the train going to towards route 128

• Like Like x 1
  32. noah hunt

noah hunt New Member

Damn, 12 hours. I guess it does depend on the country and company as well.

• Like Like x 1
  33. paul.pavlinovich

I imagine it does indeed.

34. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

So is this another route where the timetables cannot be properly completed? Arosa-Linie had the same issue, everyone was half and hour late by the time they arrived.

35. Conrad

Conrad Member

Safety system are broken.

36. Gtasandman

Gtasandman Active Member

welcome to the party.

37. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

The problems with the Boston timetable are testing my last nerve.
    Leaving Boston, I was held up again by a red signal almost immediately and it didn't clear for a full 6 minutes, meaning that I could never catch up with the timings and was very, very late into Providence. This cannot be in any way realistic, happens too often.

• Like Like x 2
  38. Gtasandman

Gtasandman Active Member

It made me refund the ticket, then im hearing all these issues with the german route i only ever wanted london to brighton but makes no sense to spend 10 dollars less and only get 1 when i can get three i just hate that its 50 bucks after tax for a bunch of broken dlc and a broken main game. on a side note 6 mins isnt bad the 15 mins i spend on the branch line waiting for a train that was was well behind me on the exp line to pass then when i passed took another 10 mins i was 35 mins late at the end of the run.

39. ZeenozPlays

Yeah. The Rush Hour Timetables are just all messed up. You have issues like on Boston - Providence, where the AI messes everything up, making you incredibly late all the time (Some delays are acceptable, but it is a little too much), and then you have the issues on Riesa - Dresden, where the game will just straight up crash, you'll spawn in the wrong place, and more.

DTG said that they were going to look into the issues with the timetable on Boston - Providence, but nothing was ever changed, and we are still patiently waiting for the new timetable on the Riesa - Dresden route.

I really hope that the timetable for BML is much more polished than the previous two routes.

• Like Like x 1
  40. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

Rush Hour has been a disaster. The first two routes are sitting dormant on my end waiting for a fix to the very basics.

41. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

The safety systems is a bit scared Matt has said that, Matt also said that they are looking at it or it could be fixed but awaiting to be released