Tōkaidō Main Line & Itō Line (jr East Section)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jackmiller1234567890, Sep 28, 2021.

1. jackmiller1234567890

jackmiller1234567890 Well-Known Member

About
    These lines would have a total line length of 143.1km (88.9mi).
    All trains would run from Tokyo to Atami where they then will go forward to Numazu or through services will go into the Itō Line as far as Itō.
    [​IMG]
    Tōkaidō Main Line
    The section between Tokyo and Atami is operated by East Japan Railway Company (JR East) and it is located in the Greater Tokyo Area. It has local services and a rapid service called Rapid Acty It runs on dedicated tracks parallel to the Yamanote Line between Tokyo and Shinagawa, the Keihin-Tōhoku Line between Tokyo and Yokohama, and the Yokosuka Line between Yokohama and Ōfuna. Some Shōnan–Shinjuku Line trains share the segment south of Yokohama to Ōfuna and Odawara.
    The Ueno–Tokyo Line, a JR East project, extended the services of the Utsunomiya Line, the Takasaki Line, and the Joban Line to Tokyo Station, allowing for through services to and from the Tōkaidō Line from March 2015. Almost all trains along this section of the line have bi-level "Green Cars" with forward-facing seats, with each set of trains having 2 of them.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Rolling stock
    E231-1000 series
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

E233-3000 Series
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

E257 2000/2500 series
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

E261 series
    [​IMG]

Itō Line
    The Itō Line is a railway line owned by the East Japan Railway Company (JR East) which connects Atami and Itō Stations, along the east coast of Izu Peninsula in Shizuoka Prefecture, Japan. This Branch would add an additional 6 stations.
    [​IMG]
    Rolling stock
    E231-1000 series
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

E233-3000 Series
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

E257 5000 series
    [​IMG]

E257 2000 series
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

Added to the master list. The distance would be too much for devs I think, but even if a section of it was made, the surroundings and the rolling stock would make it a great experience.

3. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

It's a beautiful route and I bet the view would be nice from behind the E231 series' wide, clear windshield.

Though I wonder how would TSW cope with the scenic, hilly landscapes and the seaside. I mean we know distant scenery and water is not one of TSW's strong points.