PC Dresden-riesa Scenario Chemical Plant Weird Physics Issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Rudolf, Sep 27, 2021.

1. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

In the Chemical Plant scenario, you take a BR185 plus at the rear of the train a BR363. At the chemical plant you do some shunting using the BR363. Then you couple a consist to the BR185 and you need to drive back to Riesa.

I have a weird issue here. Each time the train reaches a 30km/h speed, the brakes are applied. It appears that somehow the BR185 uses the wrong physics, namely those of the BR3636. I had set the BR363 gear in shunting mode and this is exactly what causes this behaviour. The strangest of all is that teh R3636 is not even connected to the train at the moment this happens.

EDIT. my mistake, the BR363 is still coupled to the train, but it is turned off completely. Still, this is weird behaviour. I decided to drop off the BR363, but I could not complete the scenario, the last stop marker did not trigger.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
  2. GuitarMan

GuitarMan Well-Known Member

would this possibly be due to being limited to the lowest speed of the consist? (is there a protection built in to the 363 that prevents it from overspeeding and damaging any mechanism?) (I genuinely don't know if this is prototypical, just posing the question).

3. Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist Well-Known Member

I had the same trouble on the return run, although at 60k. It's to do with the speed limit on the BR363 (30k in shunting gear, 60k in long-distance gear) which should be disabled when you dead-tow it but for some reason the shutdown procedure doesn't always seem to tell the game that it's dead, so it acts like a live loco and triggers the emergency brakes once the limit is hit

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/dra-br185-br363-emergency-brake-60km-h.45920/

4. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

The scenario states you should adhere to a 75km/h speed limit when towing the BR363. Once I dropped it off, I got the warning that I a was overspeeding (this nice, it makes it possible to introduce train speed limits).