I Don't Understand The Fix/dlc Releases.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by bakedpotatos.jm, Sep 27, 2021.

1. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Maybe someone in the forums or someone at DTG can answer this.

I'm trying to understand why we have to wait for bug fixes to be released until a DLC is ready to go.

I understand the whole window concept for releasing DLC and why we get an update the Tuesday before usually. And that makes sense for things like the Boston Sprinter OHEL, and other bugs being fixed, or the Meissen branch update.

But in instance of the Cab texture issue that is a serious problem affecting all past DLC why should those type of fixes have to sit and wait. Those should be released as soon as they are ready. Especially if it only affects Xbox players do the others don't need an update.

Just curious what the reasoning is. Is it a cost issue that Microsoft charges, and if so may I cover the cost so we can just get this fix out?

• Like Like x 8
  2. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Microsoft do not charge for updates since 2013 so it's not that. Patches have to go through internal QA and then certification on consoles. Some issues like the Xbox audio have been there for over a year, which is frustrating. Hopefully this texture issue doesn't take too long to fix.

• Like Like x 2
  3. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

The reason used to be because even if you changed one letter of code, you would have to re-download the whole DLC, so it made more sense to conglomerate a lot of fixes togheter to limit the bandwidth needed for us users, this was the issue that "standard download size reduction" wanted to address, last roadmap it was listed as "completed" so I don't know the situation right now. I asked on the stream and didn't get a specific enough reply to tell you more, sorry.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Fixes will get completed for those dlcs and those updates will get collected and then sent out to get tested by QA within a release cycle. Other updates for routes in the past get held back untill the preserve team works on a particular route. So we could be waiting weeks , month's untill we see the improvements.

The audio issue for Xbox is a big task for them. I hope becomes a priority.

• Like Like x 1
  5. NYIslanders0902

NYIslanders0902 Active Member

I pray that they fix the audio issue for Xbox, because the audio looping is very bad for most routes.

• Like Like x 3
  6. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

From my experience it's Seems to be all routes and dlcs on Xbox. We can only hope does get fixed.

• Like Like x 2
  7. NYIslanders0902

Yep exactly

8. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

They all loop, the nightmare trains are the diesels tho xD
    It's like cricketmania when it glitches haha

• Like Like x 1
  9. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

My concern is Sam had said on a stream the texture fix won't be released until the London Commuter update comes. So the Tuesday before the next route.

But if it's ready just release it why do we have to wait for 2-3 weeks?

• Like Like x 3
  10. NYIslanders0902

Yep haha