Afb Buttons

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by emdzej, Sep 30, 2021.

Tags:
  1. emdzej

emdzej Member

Hi.
    Wouldn't it be better if the buttons from AFB were assigned to the d-pad down and up arrows?

Now they are assigned to the travel direction switch, which is not used as often. Now using AFB on a pad is a bit inconvenient and tiring.

PS. Of course, there is also a mistake in the manual. Assignment to buttons is described incorrectly.

2. Boris The Frog

Boris The Frog Active Member

Travel direction is a basic requirement to make the train move so it has to stay.

An interesting idea could be to have a two button command (eg the 'view' button + A) to toggle a front facing camera lock, which would then offer four extra commands (five if you count he click) using the right stick whilst the camera is locked.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. emdzej

emdzej Member

Yes. But you use it most often one time - on start. X + RB is difficult to use for me, when you need to use AFB quickly.

4. joulz75

joulz75 Active Member

For me AFB is no problem but I would really appreciate a button for the sifa pedal, instead for example of the sand button I barely use. I don't get why they didn't assign a sifa button in their new controller scheme... :(

5. emdzej

emdzej Member

Sifa is at B buttons. Together with PZB acknowledge.

6. Boris The Frog

Boris The Frog Active Member

I get your point but with a casual gamer in mind the direction indicator is a function that serves a greater practical purpose than AFB so it does merit it's inclusion on a controller. The other issue is that whilst you would like AFB mapping to a controller others may prefer something else so it's impossible to prioritise what secondary commands are more useful than others. In an ideal world TSW would have the option to map buttons to personal preference but I guess until that happens you'll have to make do with the relatively straightforward task of manually operating AFB.

7. emdzej

emdzej Member

Agree. But there are also non-casual players.

Yes, i know

I know. Maybe it would be better if at least they made the assignment as is in control description: X+LB. Driving ICE with AFB is for me uncomfortable.

8. joulz75

joulz75 Active Member

As you said, it's linked to the pzb aknowledge but then you always hear the "zugbeeinflussung", which is for the least annoying, and for sure unrealistic...

• Like Like x 2
  9. emdzej

emdzej Member

Ok. I'm not that good at German to know what the system said :) I understand.

I thought about it too and the game could "sense" what we want to confirm. But.. It's probably a lot more complicated than changing buttons or something.

10. joulz75

joulz75 Active Member

I don't think it's that difficult, on a keybord the sifa is linked to a single key and the pzb to another.