Train Sim World 2 - London Commuter South Downs Spectacle

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Oct 1, 2021.

1. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Not sure I agree with this one. From what I heard Matt say on the streams it's not so much the amount of services, it's the amount of different units and locos on the map. Riesa-Dresden has 7 different units/locos if you include the BR 101 and ICE and those all work on last gen. According to the article last gen is not getting a single layer for London-Brighton, not even the class 166, and will just have the 377 and 387. For me that is a raw deal.

• Like Like x 14
  2. First capital connect

First capital connect Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20211001-174657_Instagram.jpg upload_2021-10-1_17-51-0.png
    The 2 tallest towers together on the right with the little block on top
    I don't think anyone has pointed this out yet but I'm assuming the route is set in 2021 because of the two block of flats they are in the background
    Where made quite recently

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Well it's not DTG's fault the consoles have reached the limits of their power, i'm in no way saying that it isn't a disappointment however surely it's better to still get DLC than suffer the alternative, which would be for DTG to not ship the DLC to last gen machines.

Matt has said on multiple occasions in the last year that they will not hold back more powerful platforms for the sake of the less powerful, so in all fairness you did have prior warning to this sort of thing, in the end the paid content is still delivered, and if you think that the asking price is unfair, you can always skip the purchase.

• Like Like x 18
  4. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Says someone with both a PS5 and Xbox Series X.

Riesa-Dresden has 7 different units/locos if you include the BR 101 and ICE and those all work on last gen. According to the article last gen is not getting a single layer for London-Brighton, not even the class 166, and will just have the 377 and 387. That's really disappointing. At least give them something.

• Like Like x 14
  5. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

Got that sinking feeling bart, might have to take my ps4 out back and give it a peaceful departure..., still I await protag or Natster to confirm if there will be even limited additional layers, the odd 166 cant do that much damage... can it...?

• Like Like x 5
  6. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I mean yeah but I did so because I knew that the end was nigh for my PS4 and X1, like I said it isn't great, but it isnt DTG's fault, Matt will almost certainly cover the topic tonight anyway.

My point is that the paid content is still there, and DTG are probably more likely to pull support as opposed to doing things such as selling the DLC at half or (even more ridiculously) a quarter of the price, so ultimately what would be worse? less of of the free stuff or no content at all?

In any case the conversation regarding price cuts or support pulling is irrelevant because both things won't happen, only logical development decisions and individual consumer decisions.

• Like Like x 1
  7. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

Last gen are still only getting 1/3 of all services. I own all the required dlc for the layers. Does this mean I get a 2/3 off the price? This will just ruin immersion

• Like Like x 6
  8. kenobi#1878

kenobi#1878 Well-Known Member

1400 services! Blimey, that’s incredible. What services will the 375 actually run?

9. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

I did the same in July and hunted down a PS5 as the writing was clearly on the wall if I wanted to continue enjoying this game, PS4 would not allow me to do so. But given the unexpected price increase for RH, I'd be pissed as a last gen console owner.

• Like Like x 7
  10. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

But you also get the better content for free if you switch to the next gen at some point.

• Like Like x 3
  11. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

After spending between 250 to 450 quid.

• Like Like x 7
  12. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Price increase or not, RH has still worked out at £11.66 per route.

I get that it's disappointing, I was in the exact same boat with HMA, but that was the writing on the wall really.

• Like Like x 5
  13. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Most likely depot runs into service and out of service.

• Like Like x 1
  14. kenobi#1878

kenobi#1878 Well-Known Member

Thanks

15. Skyz2020

I suspect there will be a limited 166, 66, 43 etc on last gen just the odd one here or there, it cant just be 3000 extra services for next gen and cheers.... or maybe it will be... still waiting on jd/natster/protag to confirm if any layers will be present for last gen, I would think a few layers will quell the kick back here...

• Like Like x 4
  16. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Me too. The game I play most often was struggling even on a PS4 Pro, so I upgraded. Now I have, I want as much stuffed into the routes as possible!

Eight year old PS4s simply won't have the power to run it all and if they put it all in, you'd be on here complaining about crashes and framerates. But if/when you do upgrade, it will all be there for you (and you won't be charged an upgrade fee - hence no discount now), so don't think of it as being robbed of content, just think of it as an added bonus for those machines which can handle the extra load. There was some chat before about PS5 not being an essential upgrade just for TSW2 - this route seems to be moving the game on enough that maybe it will be.

• Like Like x 4
  17. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Over a thousand services for PS4, Holy moly that is insane and I'm looking forward to it, I'm a little disappointed about the extra stuff the PS5 is getting but it's understandable, It's the way forward.

• Like Like x 6
  18. Irish Train sim

Irish Train sim Well-Known Member

I’m a PS4 PRO owner and count myself lucky that I will have access to over 1000 services minimum. This is light years over anything we have at present. Be extremely grateful we get this.

Can’t wait to get my hands on next gen but I’m extremely grateful and excited to have what is released. AMAZING! Glad proposed boycotts didn’t go ahead.

• Like Like x 6
  19. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

YAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSS

• Like Like x 2
  20. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

My wife is away at the weekend it's released. I'm gonna be cracking on with some epic game time, I'm fine with the PS5 getting the extra free stuff, It's what it's designed for and I've got over a thousand services to drive.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

Over 4000 services is amazing, I can't begin to imagine the difficulties in making that timetable. I think I'm definitely going to have to upgrade from my xbox one very soon just to experience the full timetable of this route. I am pleasantly surprised to see that we've got over a thousand services on last gen though.

• Like Like x 3
  22. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Sorry to disappoint you, nobody can change the fact hardware is getting old (not up to date). be happy to get at least some experience on last gen consoles.., or upgrade your system.

• Like Like x 4
  23. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Gotta say, never thought that BML would achieve 1000 to 1400 playable, let alone 4000 services including AI. The route must be loaded with traffic and could have you feel the most immersed yet.
    I will also brace myself for a good amount of timetable issues that they haven't found or couldn't fix in time, with such a busy timetable that is bound to happen.
    By the way, did I understood correctly, that these EMUs couple/decouple at some stations and go different ways (or return, you get the idea)? That would be really cool gameplay wise and must also be a rough thing to add into a timetable with that huge amount of services.

Oh and since it was mentioned in the article aswell, yay for the MEißen branch! This will add more gameplay value to Dresden, which is already really nice. The first screenshots looked wonderful.

• Like Like x 2
  24. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

BRD already feels busy around the big areas like Dresden. This is on another level. It will take ages to complete even the stock amount of Services! With the layers and any future DLC ilike thameslink, I can't imagine how big this will be. I do hope we get Thameslink, given DTG have Thameslink License

• Like Like x 2
  25. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Hopefully Clayton tunnel gets brightened

26. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

Over a thousand services is insane. I knew the timetable would be impressive but this is something else.

Great to see confirmation of GWR services and I'm intrigued about 375 services too. I'm assuming they're depot runs but I think it would be interesting if they were billed as Southern temporarily hiring units or them being diverted to run via part of the BML.

All the screenshots look great to. Very excited.

• Like Like x 2
  27. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

I wonder if there are hidden TFL timetabled paths ready for a TFL Cl 700 DLC?

• Like Like x 2
  28. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Oh my God. 4000 services? 1400 playable?:o
    This could be epic! :love::love::love:
    Joe Joethefish I love you, will you marry me? :D
    This route is going to feel truly RUSH HOUR.

• Like Like x 4
  29. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

No, the content on last gen is the full new release. There are just some extras in the way of layers for newer consoles based on the ability of the consoles to run these which it seems the last gen consoles can’t without loss of performance.

You would soon complain oif you bought a last gen version for a lower price then upgraded to PS5/ Xbox Series and found you couldn’t have the layers.

Similarly, I would complain loudly if they included these layers on last gen and the game was unplayable because of it.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

This route should be a great finale for the Rush Hour series! It’ll be nice to see in action just HOW busy it is, with so many playable services, and even more AI. Makes me really want to get Southeastern High Speed now. Should be pretty cool!

• Like Like x 1
  31. trainsimgaming1001

This route will feel truly like Rush Hour!

32. railwaykid04

railwaykid04 New Member

Dovetail games,

Are we able to walk on all 19 platforms at Victoria?

can I also say that you have done a fantastic job on this route the amount of services, I was expecting 550 - 650 maximum, there is over 1000, wow!

• Like Like x 1
  33. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Holy moly, slap me with a fish, that’s a lot of services. It’s a lot of services without the layers, but of course people with the newer consoles are going to be getting a better deal with all the extras. Not everybody can afford or get hold of the newer consoles but we all knew this was coming, it practically said so in the articles when Rush Hour was in early development. It is a great shame that not everybody can have the best things in life but all players will still be getting good value for money with this route.

The only advice I can give people is that the newer consoles are a lot better than the old ones so do your very best to get hold of one if you want one. But to give you a different perspective, I got a PS5 and a 4k TV (plus an Ikea unit to put them on) and it was £1000 all together. I did that specifically to get the full package on TSW2, knowing what was coming. That’s how much those few extra services could cost you. £1000. The rest you get for whatever it was that you paid for the route, which for most people was about £12. That’s your choice and it is a ridiculous amount of money to drive a few extra services compared to the standard set. Is it worth it? It’s progress in a modern world, which means spending ever increasing amounts of money to try and secure happiness. I really should get out of the house more.

• Like Like x 12
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  34. Skyz2020

Nice post from stujoy there. If you hit the spoiler button it is interesting to read his £1000 upgrade comment. As a ps4 user I am starting to think if it is just electro stars only, I will just use the planner and create my own layers of 166, 43, 66 etc over shorter stretches of the route and create busy diverse runs. Certainly myself wont be spending 4 figures to achieve the extra layers... but do wish those who have/will do all the best, it certainly will feel great to drive

• Like Like x 4
  35. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

I don't think it's fair to say it's £1000 more for the extra services. I'd wager most people wouldn't buy a new TV when getting a new console. I certainly didn't when I got my PS5.

I guess your point still stands though. £450 is a lot for those extra services. Although there are more reasons to upgrade than just that.

• Like Like x 3
  36. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The additional layers are effectively bonus content so the answer will be no.

• Like Like x 1
  37. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I was already playing on a 4K screen; PS5 digital edition was £360 and they're dropping regularly now (it was only the second time I'd made a serious attempt at getting one). Not a tiny number, but well off four figures.

• Like Like x 3
  38. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It’s an undisputed fact that the older gen consoles are now extremely time limited. They just don’t have the necessary oomph to do TSW 2 any justice.

• Like Like x 4
  39. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

For £1,000 you got a lot of gear. You're right though. If you want the best possible experience, ya gotta lay down the moola! I'd eat grilled cheese sandwiches for a year just to squeeze every last tile and texture out of the game, if I had to.

I must say, the latest batch of screenshots do look terrific. The route looks really busy and the stations are overflowing with trains. But the proof will be in the pudding. I've learned not to rely on pictures and streams. I'll wait until it's actually on my SSD before deciding how good it is.

• Like Like x 2
  40. Skyz2020

Interesting I think stujoy £1000 whilst top end of scale is about right when you consider not everyone has a 4k ready tv and might want the drive version also. But as ever factor your comment about a sensible middle ground is very valid. It could be done for circa £350 - £400.

• Like Like x 2
  41. trainsimgaming1001

The sorts of limitations with Last Gen Consoles is why we don't get routes like Brighton Main Line that often. I think in a year or 2, when more next gens and Gaming PC are in use, then DTG should kill Last Gen

• Like Like x 3
  42. Skyz2020

Train sim gaming is sus? (Only kidding based on profile pic)

Think you are right , ps4 feels like it's in its 12 months of dev now with DTG, a slow goodbye with less layers as we go, speaking as a ps4 player dont blame DTG, eventually it will happen, you could argue this is letting the air out of the balloon gently ...

• Like Like x 1
  43. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

The only reason they’re still supported is because a good chunk are still on last gen, soon enough the migration will happen, especially with decisions like these being made.

After that it’ll be out the airlock with them for sure.

• Like Like x 2
  44. Skyz2020

CK95 beat me to airlock quote... nice work

• Like Like x 1
  45. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

Should mention here already that the official service number is 1425, going by the stream already.

• Like Like x 1
  46. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

Hours before this article was posted, I said this in another thread:

As the upcoming London Victoria - Brighton due to arrive in a few days, am I glad that last gen is getting 1,059 services? Yes. Am I disappointed that I won't be getting the full 4,000 services including the 1,400 drivable services? Yes. Am I going to complain about it? No. Having little over 1,000 services is good enough for me as a ps4 user. Consider that lucky to have those amount of services on last gen. I am going to miss the preview stream today and will watch it later on.

47. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Why all buildings blurred and low textures DTG JD 3E5950F6-2CB6-4E90-B3C3-F79BB25194BD.png

• Like Like x 4
  48. derailed#9363

derailed#9363 Member

I'm surprised that you will need Southeastern Highspeed just for the class 375, I figured this would of been included for free in the BML route because the class 375 & 377 are very similar looking trains, moving on I'm looking forward to next week, I did hope for them to release on the 7th and they are!

• Like Like x 1
  49. Skyz2020

Matt has confirmed tonight on stream 2 layers only for last gen. No freight, 166, 66, 465. He would not confirm if it would be revisited at a later point. It is what is. As a ps4 user it still looks good on stream, maybe they will come back to this

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  50. locobilly

locobilly Well-Known Member

Stunning, really can't wait. Going to nip off to Clapham Jct. to check some of these trains out!

• Like Like x 2