Br Green Class 37/0. A Popular Locomotive With A Challenging Driver Experience.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by callumlewis2003, Oct 1, 2021.

1. callumlewis2003

callumlewis2003 New Member

The Class 37/0 is an iconic locomotive that is loved by UK rail enthusiasts with some people going as far as preserving them. I believe this would be a great addition towards the West Somerset railway route and will finally make the star of the show for the "Diesel gala environment." The Class 37/0 has a splitbox headcode boxes which feature a range of different numbers and lettering to make actual headcodes. And in its iconic green livery. Armstrong powerhouse made a DLC featuring this last year and it was a major success. When possibly asking to use the sounds recorded off 37029 which is preserved at Epping and Ongar railway. I believe this will be a great addition for both purchasing and Scenarios.

I know a few people would agree with me when saying the 37/0 is a challenging locomotive to drive, The concentration of Amps and the overloading feature can prove how much the locomotive will need the consumers attention. With a heavy load, The Locomotive will need to work it's power to keep a steady pace with pulling mk1's or Mk2 coaches.

The brake system is very similar compared to the fellow Class 40 and fellow subclass 37/5. With using a Dual brake system, (Air and Vaccum) The locomotive will react differently to different scenarios included. For example, slippy rails, or maybe a steep gradient.

The use of AWS was not necessary needed in the locomotives prime, but during today's world, even in preservation. The safety system is key to keeping the driver in concentration for approaching signals.

The 37/0 has a really interesting feature which can really test a driver's patience. What I mean by this, is that you cannot full power the locomotive straight away if it includes a heavy load. This is called overloading. If a driver was to overload a 37 engine, it would lead it to cutout for a second or two, before getting into gear again. This is due to an extreme amount of Amps being put into the engine.

I would love to talk more about the performance of the locomotive but I don't have the time currently.

In conclusion I think this would be a perfect addition to the game for both enthusiasts around the community and fans of the locomotive. I would also love to hear some feedback, this is a locomotive that myself and loads of people I know want this to be introduced.

Thanks for your time. -Callum.

• Like Like x 4
  2. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

More variations of the classes we currently have would be fantastic as there are subtle and sometimes even major differences between sub types.

• Like Like x 2
  3. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

Honestly a Route back in the BR Green era with the Green livery would be nice, WSR would limit its potential

• Like Like x 4
  4. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Some photos

• Like Like x 4
  5. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Perhaps the first steam route will be set around the transition era, we could see some BR green then.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

Hey, I fully support you on this. There is a class 37 with Tees Valley line but since you mentioned good old AP. I must say I am deeply disappointing in the developers for TSW's class 37 comparing it to what AP has achieved in 2019 it's not great. I will link you bellow to Armstrong Powerhouse's work on the 37, truly spectacular. That's what we'd want here in TSW, for goodness sake it even has simulated cold start......

https://www.armstrongpowerhouse.com/class_37_locomotive_pack_vol_2?search=class 37

• Like Like x 1
  7. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

A route in the BR Green era would be nice, as I'm quite sad to see my Class 33 being limited to WSR exclusively.

That'd be nice as well. That'll offer the chance to see some AI steam traffic while not necessarily needing to operate a steam loco yourself. :)

• Like Like x 2