Boston Sprinter Locomotive Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by tehangrybird345, Oct 2, 2021.

1. tehangrybird345

tehangrybird345 Well-Known Member

Today I am going to be suggesting some potential locomotive dlcs for Boston Sprinter

Amtrak Acela
    upload_2021-10-1_21-28-41.jpeg
    probably the most suggested locomotive for this route is the Acela and it’s easy to see why. It’s the second fastest train in America and not having it makes the route feel a little incomplete

Avelia Liberty
    upload_2021-10-1_21-30-53.jpeg
    the Avelia Liberty is the next generation Acela and is the fastest train in America. This train may be sold In a pack with the old Acela as they are similar. The only problem is that the time period is slightly off but this shouldn’t be a problem as the trains were being developed at the time

MBTA locomotive pack
    GP40MC
    upload_2021-10-1_21-34-37.jpeg
    HSP-46
    upload_2021-10-1_21-35-8.jpeg
    MP36
    upload_2021-10-1_21-35-38.jpeg
    the next few locomotives are better off being sold in a pack since there are several of them. MBTA has several locomotives so having just the F40PH feels a little empty. The MP36 is already in the game under Caltrain so I think that owners of the dlc should get the MBTA variant for free

(Note I ran out of room for more photos)

Bi Level Coach:
    This would most definitely be better off sold with the locomotive pack mentioned previously as all it would include is the bi level MBTA coaches. However single and double level coaches are often mixed in one MBTA consist so it would feel fitting to have

AEM-7:
    This locomotive would probably work better in a timetable pack since they don’t run anymore but having the AEM-7 “toaster” would be a well deserved addition

*Updated*

ALC-42:
    This would probably go with the Avelia Liberty in a pack. It would come with the new coaches for the northeast regional with the pantograph equipped at the cab car. It would layer in most northeast regional services, however the ACS-64 still has a small chance of layering in because not all of them are being replaced

Last edited: Dec 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  2. aarontheloner

aarontheloner Active Member

MP36 would be cool but unlikely. They only have like 2 and they don't really run the section in game

• Like Like x 1
  3. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

I would bet the Acela will be made. Probably just the old one since only 2 of the new Acelas have left the shops in Hornell, NY, but only one is currently on the NEC, as far as I know

4. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Being Built/Developed: Yes
    In Service: Most certainly no.

5. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

Does anyone else find the avelia liberty one of the ugliest trains in existence

• Like Like x 2
  6. JGRudnick

I would agree with that statement. And yet I dragged myself out of bed to go see it
    _MG_4975 (2).JPG

7. Passarino

Passarino Member

Yeah, it feels like they assigned the carriages and locomotives to two different companies and only allowed them to communicate very basic statistics on it. Both the paint scheme and the actual shape of the coaches don't align with the locomotives. I find that so odd.

8. tehangrybird345

tehangrybird345 Well-Known Member

I do think the coaches are out of place for the Avelia, It doesn’t look ugly to me, it just looks odd, it’s still a good train though

9. Passarino

Passarino Member

Yeah I get that, I'm not saying they're not aligned as in they're bad, I'm saying they quite literally do not line up with one another, there isn't a smooth transition from locomotive to coach such as the original Acela does. Although upon further inspection, I suppose there's a different livery for it as well that does actually blend coach to loco? Still misshapen though. Seems like it might be a slight aerodynamic hinderance. Not like it matters much.

10. JGRudnick

Yeah, the coaches are not the same shape as the locomotives, so that makes it look odd. Second I really dislike the nose of the power units. I get that they are for streamlining, but its still ugly

11. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Really excellent idea but you're going to need 2021-2022 Timetable for Avelia Liberty

12. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I actually quite like it. It’s growing on me anyway.

13. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’ll be very surprised if we don’t see the Acela (new or old) in the game at some point. These are America’s fastest trains after all so are deserving of a place in game. An Acela High Speed DLC were both are included would be fun.