Suggestion: Hamburg To Padborg

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ben132465798, Sep 30, 2021.

1. Ben132465798

Ben132465798 Well-Known Member

Hey, I would like to see the route from Hamburg to Padborg, Hamburg seems like a good starting point for passenger services since we already have the station itself, freight services would start at Rothenburgsort, which we also have already. From there the route would go north, through the city of Hamburg and past the depot's and maintenance locations for the DB. After leaving the City, there is a LOT of scenic tracks, with a few passenger stations here and there and the "Rendsburger Hochbrücke" which goes over the channel which connects northsea and eastsea and the loop after the bridge (I'll add pictures below). The route continues to and beyond the Dansk border, just to the next big station, which is, Padborg. A border station for not only passenger services, but also freight services.
    Vehicle which would come with the DLC:
    The 146/112/182+Dosto's for regional services, the DSB MF for long distance services, which will continue to København after it leaves Padborg.
    For freight traffic we'd have the 185 and the DBS Class EG. (Since in Danmark is a different electric current, not any loco can drive there)
    There'd come also a bit of QOL improvements regarding german freight with this patch, such as longer freight trains. At max 715 meter for the 185, normal is around 600 to 700, the EG is, due to a special regulation, allowed to pull 835 meter of cargo with a max weight of 2300T. Also, I really would like to see the so called "Einzelwagenzüge". Just imagine every type of cargo wagon.in Germany. Make a train of 600 to 700 meter with a random number and random location of every of those wagon. That's what those trains are.
    Also the vehicles which drive in germany AND Denmark, have also the Dansk safety system eqipped
    The DLC would be the Twindexx in Nah.sh livery.
    I am open for Feedback and questions, just ask and comment!

The High-bridge
    2021-09-30 20_16_35-Window.png

The DSB MF
    2021-09-30 20_20_27-Window.png

The DSB EG
    2021-09-30 20_18_17-Window.png

And the Twindexx Vario,which could also be used on other routes as IC vehicle 2021-09-30 20_25_00-Window.png

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 22
  2. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

This is quite an interesting route but your suggestion has two big problems.
    1. I would suggest terminating the route in Flensburg. Both Flensburg (Germany) and Padborg (Denmark) lie directly on the border between Germany and Denmark. Only the international services (1 train every two hours in each direction) and freight services drive through Padborg, most passenger services terminate at Flensburg. Not only that but for Padborg station you would need to implement the Danish signalling system, which would be too much effort for just one station.
    2. The suggested route is too long. The route from Hamburg to Flensburg is 175km long and even international services which only stop at two or three stations along the line need nearly 2 hours for the entire journey.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Ben132465798

The reason for the Danish signalling system is so that we have it and could use it for other routes, that was a second thinking there. If it's too long, it's too long, But that's because I want a longer router. Test the attention for long routes, feel like a train driver, who does just that. It's a suggestion. Either they're doing it or not.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Bring it on and this is another International route that has voltage and train protection system change involved like my Appenweier-Strasbourg Railway which exists in Train simulator 22 as Strasbourg Kehl Appenweier Karlsruhe Railway. Now the big question is this players will assume Danish Train protection system working like PZB to which a signal must be acknowledged stop.

• Like Like x 2
  5. locodex#7176

locodex#7176 New Member

Flensburg - Hamburg and indeed Padborg/Denmark would be great. I support your suggestion because I live direct at Flensburg/Padborg border :D and love riding the northern route. 180 km (111 miles) would be really amazing in TSW X.

6. Alexandreo3

Alexandreo3 Active Member

I like your suggestion.
    The route is very cool and I would love it.
    But I would say it should be split into two routes.
    Hamburg-Kiel and Neumünster-Padborg/Flensburg.
    So both routes would be "only" around 100km long which seems much more manageable for dovetail.
    And we would have the addition of Kiel.

7. Ben132465798

The idea is to be that long. I want to driver longer instead of every 40-60 restarting services or turn around. Just like a real driver does.

8. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Love the idea. Anything with the slight hint of Denmark gets my vote.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Alexandreo3

Alexandreo3 Active Member

But you also have to take into mind that DTG needs to build that a want to make a profit off it.

10. Ben132465798

Yes. It's just a suggestion, no one has to make a route, but I think it'd make a profit since It's something new. A bit longer and change of safety systems is something we don't have in TSW until now

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
  11. krisn

krisn New Member

I support this suggestion. DTG, I’ll help testing the EG and danish signalling system.

• Like Like x 1
  12. PBrogaard

PBrogaard Active Member

Would the MF not also be an asset that could be used on Hamburg-Lübeck btw? Continueing from Lübeck to Puttgarten. I even think the route is set back when they still operated on the ferries.