I’m Still Having Issues From The Summer Update

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Cash, Oct 3, 2021.

1. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

Hello all, I am still experiencing massive issues from the summer update that released. I have contacted both DTG and Sony multiple times about this, every time I open a support ticket I keep getting responses that don’t help in the slightest. Here is the message I just sent to Sony now:

Hello, a game called Train Sim World 2 released the PS5 upgrade back in August. I have the game as a disc, I also have a collector Edition version that comes with 3 extra add ons that you usually have to buy separately, they are called ‘East Coastway, Hauptstrecke Rhein Ruhr and Peninsula Corridor. On the PS5 version, when I click on ‘manage game content’ and try install them, it comes up with error CE-106485-4, in the download section of the game they say ‘unable to install’ and when I try install them I get error code CE-118878-3, they have been there since August 19th, when I try press cancel and delete they don’t delete, they just stay there no matter what I try. In a previous support ticket I opened about this they told me if I continued having issues I should send video proof of it not showing in game, I don’t know how I am meant to do this. I have been having issues since August with this, I can install of the other add ons for Train Sim World 2 on the PS5 edition fine.

this basically sums up the issues I’ve been having. I genuinely don’t know what to do anymore. I just want to play the game on the PS5 edition and have my 3 routes that came with the collector edition.. Also yes, I have tried restoring licenses, and I’ve also tried deleting at re-installing the game. I’ve tried everything, yet nothing works..

If anyone here could help or has an idea of what to do, that would be amazing :)

2. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
  3. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Oh gosh I’ve been tagged :o:D

hmmm the main sticky for this isn’t as clear as I thought?

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...tion-from-ps4-to-ps5-and-other-ps-faqs.43565/

To the OP do you have the main PS4 version installed from the disc still? Not sure if you’ll need this…and then once installed request the collectors edition routes to download and it “might” trigger the download for both 4 and 5 versions? If it does great, then delete the 4 version if you have no intention of using.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

Hello there! Yes I do have the PS4 version still, it’s wait I’ve been using to play East Coastway /o/
    The 3 collector edition routes have been in the download section of my PS5 saying cannot install due to errors since the PS5 upgrade first released back in August, and they haven’t gone away since. When I try trigger it to download it just says cannot install and comes up with an error code..

5. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Hmmm so the first error is relating to the actual PS5 os not the game, the second error or course is game related.

Have you updated the console to the latest operating system? I see you haven’t mentioned other DLC you own so it’s safe to say you won’t suffer the main outage where not all content shows.

I notice you said they are still in the queue? Have they been there since the 5 version came out?

there was a two week lag before disc owners could access the extra content owned.

I don’t want to give you the run around such as reinstall etc even though you’ve done this as I don’t fully know the answer here but alarm bells are ringing if the old items have been in the queue all this time. Can you delete them so it’s a clear queue and try again?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

There may be a problem reading the system software or application data.
    Please update the system software to the latest version.

This code isn't listed in Sony's error code list and seems to have been introduced at the last update, but suggestions include rebuilding the database from the Safe Mode startup and if you're playing from an external hard drive, try copying the game to internal storage and running it from there.

The database thing seems to be a standard response, but if there are files listed which you can't delete and have been there for a while, it's probably worth a try.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Here ya go Cash me and Factor41 both recommend you update the system os when possible :cool:

The DB rebuild is done at the end so you shouldn’t need to do this again as it’s the last step of the OS update.

the items in the queue, will probably never install so delete and download when you can.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

Sadly there is no software update that I need to do, my PS5 is fully up to date. Also when I try cancel and delete the downloads for the 3 routes that always say unable to install it doesn’t delete, no matter what I try it says there. This is certainly a tricky situation :(

9. Factor41

Have you given the database rebuild a try? If it's struggling to find system files and you have files listed that it can't install and can't delete, a rebuild could be precisely what it needs.

Instructions here for entering safe mode - Rebuild database is in the list of options.

10. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

F9D72F5D-BAFA-4EF5-9FC6-0815F0F7A584.jpeg
    so your download queue, slightly different as they are downloaded by the sounds of it but not installed. Clicking will give you the drop down list of options as seen above, you have no cancel or delete?

11. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

Ok I understand how to do this, will doing this damage or do anything to my PS5? ‘Rebuilding Database’ sounds like quite a big thing to do.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
  12. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

I do have the option to cancel and delete, but when I press it it doesn’t go away. It just stays there no matter what I do..

13. Factor41

No, not at all, it happens as part of usual updates. It just recreates the database of where the files are on your hard drive as this can sometimes get corrupted, usually if there's been a power cut or if you've experienced the weird PS5 rest mode bug and had to force a restart.

It's a simple process. Follow the instructions to boot into safe mode at https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/support/hardware/safe-mode-playstation then choose Rebuild Database in the list of options. Link is the official PS site, so it's nothing dodgy :)

1. Turn off your console by holding the power button for three seconds. The power indicator will blink for a few moments before turning off.

2. Once the console is off, press and hold the power button again. Release it after you hear the second beep — one beep will sound when you first press, and another seven seconds later.

3. Connect the controller with the USB cable and press the PS button on the controller

4. Clear Cache and Rebuild Database
      Select Clear System Software Cache if you're experiencing system feature issues or performance drops.
      Select Rebuild Database to scan the drive and create a new database of all content on the system. This option is useful if you're experiencing system feature issues or a game icon remains on Home after it has been deleted.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
  14. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

Ok I will be trying this now, I will make sure to keep you updated. Thanks so much for your help so far :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

Factor41 Hello there, I have now tried both rebuilding my database and clearing the cache but neither of them have worked, the 3 error messages still aren’t going away, when I try click resume it still doesn’t work.. I am really stuck on what to do now..

16. Factor41

Hmmm. Not really sure what to suggest. Have you tried removing TSW2 from your PS5 and reinstalling it? If the download is tied to the software, that might solve the problem. Your progress is stored separately so you shouldn't lose anything by doing that.

17. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

Yup I’ve deleted TSW2 from my PS5 countless times, even when TSW2 is deleted the errors are still there.. I’m out of ideas on what to do too, I’m thinking of resetting my PS5 at this rate.

Thanks so much for your effort to help me, I really appreciate it :)

18. Factor41

Odd. There are lots of reports of an error when pending downloads get stuck and can't download or install, but all say that a system update should have solved that problem last year which should have removed the need to reset the system. Can't find any other info which might be related.

Have you tried toggling the Pause/Resume option, see if you can get it moving or at least freed up again?

19. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

just looking myself at items stuck in the queue and the DB rebuild should clear this.

have been reading dodgy troubleshooting such as taking the console offline and trying to delete them?
    Can’t see how that will make a difference.

so I guess Cash you can’t click start as the install of what’s downloaded will fail and you can’t cancel as it does nothing? DB rebuild didn’t work.

initialise the bloomin thing is looking like a last resort option. Please please back up your game saves to either plus or an external drive first.

once back in the world of the living restore from this back up and install all your games again. Or move the games to an external drive first if you have capacity.

20. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

So you’re saying I should reset my PS5 and start again? I guess it is the last option.. :(

21. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

a very reluctant suggestion. The download queue and items stuck is an old error from when the console first came out for some investigation.

not sure if our good friend Factor41 has any more suggestions but at this point I’d consider scrubbing the machine after backing up all saved items, and again moving as many games as poss to an external drive if you have one. Should be zero loss and fingers crossed have you back up and running

22. Factor41

Yeah, seems like that's the next option. Definitely backup your saves first though - on PS Plus AND a USB if you can!

• Like Like x 1
  23. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

**Disclaimer myself and Factor41 are not responsible if it goes horribly wrong and some underlying hardware issue crops up :o

fingers crossed it’s quick and painless and you’ll have your content back in no time :cool:

• Like Like x 4
  24. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how it went, but in case it's still useful, may I suggest restoring licenses?

25. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

Hello Factor41 and Tynmar, sorry for disappearing, I was feeling quite ill due to me getting my covid vaccine.

to be completely honest, I really don’t want to reset my PS5. I was thinking, if I open a DTG ticket and tell them about this and show proof I own the game and the disc, could they give me codes to re-buy the 3 collector edition routes that I’m getting errors for without having to pay? Surely they must do that, what do you guys think? :)

• Like Like x 1
  26. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

uff feel your pain, first jab knocked me on my a ss for a few weeks. Hope you are feeling better.

hmm you could go down that route. But wouldn’t the items stuck in the download queue eat you alive after a few weeks or even months? Stuck/pending items would drive me potty

27. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

Honestly I couldn’t care less about the stuck downloading items being there forever lol, sure it might drive me bananas but all I want right now is to be able to play the 3 collector edition routes (East Coastway mainly) on the PS5 edition of the game.

if I were to open a ticket, what exactly should I say? I need to make sure they can understand where I’m coming from and what I’m trying to say!

Thanks for the quick response also :)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
  28. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

01/01/2022 I reckon you’ll start to implode.. new year, same errors :D

erm… wording such as…
    PS4 coll Ed on disc, upgraded to PS5 digital via fee update on store. Can you supply keys/info to get the routes on disc so I can download them again from the store :)

29. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

Amazing thank you, also yes these errors will make me explode soon.

I will make a support ticket on Monday, I will keep you updated. Thanks :)

• Like Like x 1
  30. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

The time has come!! It’s finally time… to fix this issue!! (Yes I am dramatic) :D

so yea, now that the week has begun, I’m going to open the DTG ticket and ask for help with this issue. When pressing the ‘contact customer support button’ on the forums it says that the link is invalid, I’ve been trying to find a link to contact them but can’t find it - do you possibly have a link for DTG support? Thanks :)

31. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hey Cash - if you head here, this is the correct link.

Could you link me to where you found the outdated link? I'll update that when I get a sec.

• Like Like x 2
  32. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

On the ‘Hobbies’ section of the forums where you select the TSW2, Train Simulator or Fishing forums, at the bottom where the blue button says Contact customer support, it says the link is invalid and ended on the 24th September! Hope that helps and thanks for the link :D
    http://dovetailgames.kayako.com/

33. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

Tynmar Hello, I am happy to say I finally submitted my DTG support ticket, hopefully this is the beginning of the end of this annoying issue :)
    Here is what I said in case you’re interested:

Hello, I hope you’re having a good day. I play on a PS5, I have Train Sim World 2 collectors edition on disc. At the beginning of September, I was finally able to get the upgraded PS5 version of the game after a 2 week delay, I was able to install all of my add-ons, except the three routes you get with the collectors edition (East Coastway, Hauptstrecke Rhein Ruhr and Peninsular Corridor). Every time I try install those three routes it comes up with an error. I’ve tried everything, but no matter what I do I am completely unable to install the three collector edition routes. I’ve opened countless Sony support tickets asking what to do, but they haven’t been any help, I’ve tried to fix this issue since last month now. I’ve tried restoring my licenses, I’ve tried rebuilding my database, I’ve tried everything DTG, Sony and even the community have suggested. Whatever I do the errors for the 3 collector edition routes just won’t go away, so I’ve decided to once again open a DTG support ticket and ask if I could potentially receive a key to download these routes. I can send in as much proof as you need, I’ve tried to fix this issue technically, but nothing has worked.. I have attached pictures of the error messages, proof of my game disc and I would be more than happy to show more proof if you need it. I hope you have a fantastic day and I would be very happy if I could somehow get access to these 3 route add-ons again soon :)