Cloud Gaming Version Of Tsw2, Xbox One Or Series X?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Djb1990, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Djb1990

Djb1990 Active Member

I just noticed that Tsw2 is available to play via cloud gaming / game streaming / xcloud (or whatever the hell its being called now).

I know that games played via cloud gaming are now run on series x machinery, and you can play games that are only available on series x/s (for example 'the medium').

I'm sure I read somewhere that if you play a game on cloud gaming that is available for xbox one and series x/s, it will automatically play the series x version.

Is this the case with tsw2? Can I play the series x version on my tablet? Get a bit of layer action on hma, and of course london commuter?

Edit: Also, I'm pretty sure that they are bringing game streaming to xbox one consoles, which means we can play series x games on the xbox one (well, ones that are on game pass anyway).
    I'm sure it won't be long until we can play any game we own via game streaming, buy a series x game and play it on your xbox one...

Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
  2. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Yep, that's literally what they announced for Flight Sim being compatible with the XBox One, you stream it from Series X hardware.

3. Jaypee741

Jaypee741 New Member

Hi, I play TSW2 on my iPad via the cloud quite a lot I believe they use Series S not X but I’m not 100% sure it’s still very good regardless. Cloud gaming is also coming to the consoles soon anyway so if you like playing via the cloud and you have a good internet connection there will be no need to upgrade console.

4. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

It's definitely one of the Series consoles, because all layers are available.

Performance definitely isn't as good as playing natively on my Series X, but it's perfectly playable on my cheap laptop while my wife is using the Xbox. But i also play over wifi and there's usually something else being streamed over the network at the same time, so it might be even better with a wired connection.

It's a pretty sweet option tbh.

5. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

6. Djb1990

Djb1990 Active Member

Nice I might have to give it a go then. I think its great for games like this and other slower paced games. But it is not responsive enough for faster games like shooters and racing games, in my experience. Although that may be down to my broadband...it's decent enough generally, but far from supreme...

I can't wait for it to come to console (around Christmas as far as I know)... I'm desperate to get my hands on that flight simulator!

7. Djb1990

Djb1990 Active Member

Just playing it on my tablet now, and it's definitely the series x version! It's awesome. The frame rate, the draw distance, no texture pop in...and the loading times! God it loads so quick! On my xbox one I can make a cuppa while waiting for it to load. Not a chance with the series x version! And best of all? I can actually play Dresden! Huzzah!
    The only downside is that it's a small screen and its only 1080p rather than 4k, but even so I don't think I'll be able to go back to the xbox one version!
    And when we get streaming on console I can play the series x version on my xbox one. I just hope it stays on game pass, atleast until I can afford a series x console ;P

8. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

It’s very good that this can be option to the TSW community that hasn’t been able to find a new generation console. I just read an article that’s saying it won’t be any better in 2022, so having an option at least for this game as well as others like MFS2020 is really good to see!