Out Of Memory Error

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by aarontheloner, Oct 3, 2021.

1. aarontheloner

aarontheloner Active Member

I just jumped over to PC gaming. TS is the only game it comes up for. How do I solve it? Its a new PC and has plenty of memory available.

2. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

the Out of Memoery error is a known error that DTG has chosen not to fix. The error really does not mean anything since rebooting the game fixes it. It is more of an inconvenience than an actual problem with running out of memory

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. aarontheloner

Rebooting the game did jack. Unless you meant rebooting the system.

4. JGRudnick

hmmm. Okay, every time I get an out of memory error, I just restart the game and it's fine.

5. aarontheloner

Yeah, my searching shows its a common issue, but that fixes seem to be fluid. What works for one sometimes does not for another.

• Like Like x 1
  6. JGRudnick

Which could mean something different is causing the crash for different people. I just installed the game on my laptop, which should be able to run the game perfectly fine, and I can't even open the game with out the out of memory error rearing its ugly head. I've tried restarting, even reinstalling the game, but nothing I've tried has let me reach the main menu in the game

7. Rybnicki

Rybnicki Well-Known Member

Make sure you're opening in 64 bit version, and run it in full screen. I have this issue if i try and alt-tab mid-route, or try and load many different complex routes in one session.

8. jameshampshire

jameshampshire New Member

Ive Tried everything and it still gives me the same error message

9. Rybnicki

Rybnicki Well-Known Member

Without specific info about your situatuon, like exactly how much memory is available on this new pc, it's impossible to say what is causing this - it meets the requirements I assume?

10. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

This is indeed something which can be very specific to your hardware and routes you're playing. For me the most likely cause of crashing is handling large consists in the scenario editor, like dragging a 100 car consist somewhere else. Also heavily scripted engines can be the cause or not. There is no definite solution. For me increasing the windows pagefile size helped, also use borderless window mode and not exclusive fullscreen, and restarting TS when playing another route. For some people it showed that it was related to sound drivers... can't find the thread now. Best of luck to you in figuring out...