Intercity Pack For Wcl

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mikeboy, Oct 1, 2021.

1. Mikeboy

Mikeboy Active Member

Now we know the included stock for WCL I want to propose a future add-on DLC which would include the Intercity stock that worked along this line in the 90's. The pack would include:

Class 43
    [​IMG]

The Class 43 needs no introduction, and worked Intercity services between Penzance and Paddington (and a small number of the Cross-Country services). Of course the big difference between the Class 43 at the time and the one we have in game as part of GWE is the use of the old Paxman Valenta engine, which would be a great addition to TSW.

Class 47/4
    [​IMG]
    The locomotive would be fundamentally as already included in game, but in Intercity livery. It worked most Cross-Country services to Penzance as well as the Night Riviera sleeper train. Coaching stock would be Intercity liveried Mark 2F, which are newer than the existing Mark 2's on NTP by being electrically heated air conditioned units with much more modern interiors, it would also use First Open (FO) rather than First Corridor (FK), along with the Mark 1 BG. Additionally the Mark 3 SLE sleeper coaches would be used for the Night Rivera service.

Class 08
    [​IMG]
    Again, we already have this loco in the game, but would include the new Intericity livery. This would be used for coaching stock movements at Penzance and the nearby depot.

Some era appropriate videos:

• Like Like x 14
  2. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Yes to these suggestions. Hopefully everyone also thinks that it is a logical progression.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

That intercity livery looks cool on everything. Makes even the Class 43 looks half decent. I'd buy it just for that awesome looking livery.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

agreed, that just a fantastic livery, and I really hope for a '90s mainline route (perhaps the WCML so we could see some electrics) that has a heavy focus on InterCity traffic.

However, I slightly prefer the InterCity Executive livery (pictured below) over the InterCity Swallow livery on the HST, as the lower yellow band wraps around on that livery, which respects the HST's original shape and livery design more.

[​IMG]

Also, could the HST and class 47 in IC swallow livery add AI traffic around Darlington on TVL? I think that would be era appropriate, and would help add some more colour variety to the route.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  5. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

I am exceptionally surprised that neither the Intercity Executive nor Swallow livery has been represented before now as they were truly iconic in their time. We really need for the HST’s to be reworked to have the Valenta engines.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

Absolutely yes to all three :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Mikeboy

Mikeboy Active Member

Yes layering them into AI services at Darlington would be a great way of making that station more alive & realistic.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Really excellent idea and realistic purposes HST Class 43 has a Different Engine at the time of the route the Paxman Valenta.

9. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

Love the Idea, full support, of course I still got A question about layering, like would it be possible to find like the Intercity Livered stuff on like NTP the 47 would be Obvious, perhaps the 08, but like could I see Intercity Coaches occasionally appear in place of the Standard Blue & Grey stock, NTP is Very close to when the Iconic Intercity Livery came around so it wouldnt be too far off (edit: My brain took a Sh*t and confused when Executive came around and Swallow came around, swallow came much later but still)
    There is also the Idea of letting the 47 from this layer to WSR along With the 08 and the IC HST Being available on GWE
    and letting the Blue 47 be Usable in place of the IC 47.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  10. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

ICS / Valenta HST and ICS 47’s would be amazing. Great suggestion