Looking To Switch To Pc

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by merseyemu, Oct 4, 2021.

1. merseyemu

merseyemu Member

Hi guys, I’m currently a console user but looking to switch to pc. Could anyone please give some advice on what the best setup would be to run the game smoothly please. Thanks in advance

2. podinc

podinc Member

firstly, tsw 2 uses alot of resources. Ideally, you should have a 11th Generation I7 processor.
    RAM - 16GB and above.
    GFX - RTX 2080 or if available, RTX 3080
    And a high performance SSD w/ NVME

Tsw 2 is very taxing on the system.

• Like Like x 1
  3. LWDAdnane

LWDAdnane Well-Known Member

Take time and do your research well, in terms of processors and gpu's especially, but also storage drives and ram. This isn't something you want to rush.

An rtx 3080 is overkill, unless you have a 4k monitor, something like a 3060 should suffice, or even the previous gen 20 series cards.

I'm actually currently offering a service on fiverr, you can check it out if you'd like. I can go into a whole lot more depth: https://www.fiverr.com/adnaneessafi...s?ref_ctx_id=d28a849c73c014ea96ad2b98c22b3f43

• Like Like x 1
  4. JellyScrub

JellyScrub Active Member

Alternatively, a Ryzen 5 5600x could cover you pretty well for a CPU

• Like Like x 2
  5. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I run mine on an i9 10900, 2080ti with 32gb ram. This gives me c60fps on ultra settings and resolution increased. I tried tsw on my Xbox one x the other week for a laugh. It’s night and day but you’ll need to lay some cash down for a good pc. Be mindful prices are artificially inflated due to the chip shortage at the moment. If you can hold off for few months you may (not guaranteed) save a few hundred for same machine

• Like Like x 1
  6. dbrunner#4864

dbrunner#4864 Well-Known Member

Bad time to buy a PC since GPU prices are double than normal for at least a year.

CPU:Anything with at least 6 physical cores (if it has hyper treading /virtual core\ the better ) with high clock speed
    from AMD you can go from Ryzen 2600/3600/5600 upwards and on Intel I5/I7/I9 anything from I5 9500 upwards

GPU: Nvidia: starting from 2060 super 2070/3060/3070 depends of your money
    AMD: starting from 5700 or 6700XT
    RAM: Minimum 16 GB DDR4 memory, aim for highest speed supported by CPU/MB (should be from 3000 Mhz upwards)

HDD+SDD combo.
    HDD for storage : 1/2 TB WD/Seagate HDD something with 7200 RPM would be better
    SDD/NVME for load hungry games and OS: 512GB upward, something with good life (R/W Cycles) from a good brand (Samsung EVO series as example)

• Like Like x 1
  7. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

I run on an i5-4460 3.2GHz, 8GB Ram and NVIDIA GTX 970, 1TB HDD. Runs well most of the time, sometimes the odd stuttering on some routes but nothing like CTDs or permanent freezes (apart from where there were issues on specific routes), wouldn't say a solid 60fps all the time but for me I'm satisfied with how it runs for now. I am looking at upgrading very soon though.

8. HeyYoPaulie!

HeyYoPaulie! Well-Known Member

If you intend to update sooner rather than later, go with a Ryzen Zen 4 CPU. They run far more efficiently / cooler than the 11th gen Intel CPUs, saving you money long term, and decent Zen 4 motherboards are priced more affordably.

If the primary purpose of your new build is gaming, go for an AMD 5600X. If you'll be using your PC for CPU intensive tasks like design, look at the higher core count Zen 4 CPUs.

Important: Once you've decided on your CPU, the next thing to confirm is your motherboard, as that will determine compatibility of all other parts:
    - CPU
    - GPU
    - RAM
    - SSD
    - PSU
    - Case

To give you an idea, I built a new Zen 4 gaming rig earlier this year and went for a B550 Aorus Pro v2, which has great reviews. Do some research (see below) as new tech is constantly being released.

The GPU market is nuts. Ideally you'll want a card that will last you a good few years - an RTX 3080 is a phenomenal card and would be ideal, though is very expensive.

You will need an SSD, possibly two (depends on your usage / requirements). A HDD is good for storage, where speedy access isn't an issue.

16GB RAM is great. 32GB will future proof your build further.

Get yourself a decent, well ventilated case. It'll keep your hard earned components running cool and prolong their efficiency and life.

Get a decent Power supply, which is "rated" to cover the total power draw of all your parts, and a a little more. For example, if total power draw is 750W, go for a PSU rated higher than that.

Look for best prices on all components using https://uk.pcpartpicker.com

The website also includes a "System Builder" feature, so you can calculate total cost and power draw.

YouTube channels like Gamers Nexus , KitGuruTech and Hardware Unboxed have loads of reviews to assist your research and are trusted review channels.

Take your time and enjoy creating your new PC.

Best of luck! :)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 1