Workshop Scenarios Corrupt When Subscribed?

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by ShodanCat, Aug 21, 2021.

1. ShodanCat

ShodanCat Member

So this problem has been occurring randomly for literally years now, but I'm wondering if anyone here has a surefire way to avoid this problem. What I'm talking about is when you subscribe to a workshop scenario, the game "installs" it when you go into the "Drive" screen, but then the scenario is either completely corrupt/undrivable or has various glitches like corrupt text, wrong time of day, and so on.

If it happens, you can't just click "unsubscribe" because it won't actually delete the corrupted scenario.

2. Peter Hayes

Peter Hayes Well-Known Member

The only method that I have found that works is to install a WS scenario manually - its fiddly but it works. Never play a scenario from the WS tab always use the Career/Standard/QD/FR tabs as appropriate.
    Unsubscribing may not remove a WS scenario from your PC.
    This is the only method II know to remove them effectively:
    Unsubscribe and delete Workshop Items – the correct way
    · If it is to do with workshop scenarios and/or a corrupt scenario database try this:
    · This is for errors that occur where TS20XX is loading, checking, verifying the scenario database on start – up.
    NB: Verifying the game files won't fix a WS scenario problem.
    1. Open Steam and highlight Train Simulator.
    2. Click on The Workshop Tab
    3. Click Browse then Subscribed items.
    4. Individually unsubscribe each scenario or choose 'Unsubscribe all' to get rid of the lot.

TS-Tools Option:
    · Just because you have unsubscribed WS scenarios via STEAM does not mean that they have been removed from your computer.
    · Invest in the FREE TS-Tools and remove them route by route - they are colour coded - blue.

Additional method to check:
    1. To delete all WS scenarios from your computer, navigate to \STEAM\steamapps\workshop\content\24010 and delete every file and sub-folder in that folder.
    2. DO NOT DELETE the \24010 folder itself
    3. (If you want to keep any or all scenarios then copy the contents first to a safe place before deleting the files and then reinstall once your error is fixed.

Rebuilding the Scenario Database
    Even after removing all WS Scenarios you may have a "corrupt" scenario database and that can easil be rebuilt:
    Close TS and navigate to: \STEAM\steamapps\common\RailWorks\Content and delete/rename the following 2/4 files:
    · SDBCache.bin;
    · SDBCache.bin.MD5;
    · RVDBCache.bin; optional
    · RVDBCache.bin.MD5; optional

Restart steam and TS

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. ShodanCat

ShodanCat Member

Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a go!

4. aarontheloner

aarontheloner Active Member

Having this issue myself. Will try when I get home from work.

5. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

I've followed these instructions before and they work :).

When subscribing to workshop scenarios, I subscribe to them one at a time and I tend to mostly stick with authors that I've come to trust. I also publish them and try my best to make sure they don't have issues by testing them many times before they go out.

In addition to the delete instructions above, if you keep an eye on when issues started to occur you can leave order content in place.

Paul

• Like Like x 1
  6. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I am the same way when it comes to subscribing to workshop content, I generally only stick to the authors I trust.

• Like Like x 1
  7. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

One at a time. That's it. Wait til it's installed then subscribe to next.

• Like Like x 1