The Future Of Interior Pis

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Cash, Oct 3, 2021.

1. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

Hello, I wanted to open a thread that talks about a feature that was hastily revealed in the BML stream, the interior PIS showing the station it is calling at! I feel like this feature was sort of overlooked by the community, but I personally think it’s a great feature that will make travelling as a passenger (which I do a lot) so much more immersive!

TrainSim-Matt TrainSim-Adam
    I’ve been wanting to ask, is the addition of interior PIS going to be something that is added on all future routes? Is it just exclusive to the London Commuter route? And one final question, will Adam and his team go back and add this feature to all previous routes?

I personally find this feature amazing, I would be very happy if it became a feature that will be included on all future routes and if the preservation crew went and added this feature to previous routes :)

• Like Like x 6
  2. HaibaraHariko

HaibaraHariko Active Member

There are similar systems in ICE3 and the IC coaches came with DB BR 101, but those are just static lists of all stopping stations. Hope the new system can be implemented into future trains and maybe older ones by Adam's team.

3. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Another step towards the ultimate goal (with everything crossed and prays)........... PIS sound announcements* :)

* Don't care if they're not licensed and it's internal staff (Sam?) as I'm sure we'd get mods with the actual real life voice.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  4. D41

D41 New Member

Yeah still waiting for this too (next stop announcements, etc...) !

5. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

True, every piece of new sound adds to the immersion. And sound announcements are often something that you may even hear from the driver's cab as well, depending on the train you are driving, so it's an added bonus not only if you're riding as a passenger, but when you're driving as well.

I keep bringing up Densha de GO quite often, but this is another thing that they used to do, you could hear every announcement while driving, and it was lovely hearing the announcers making their announcement regarding the next stop, or which trains you can transfer to at the next station, etc. Not only it improves immersion, but helps you in route learning as well, and most importantly, it's another piece of detail to set certain routes apart, as different routes may have different announcers.

• Like Like x 3
  6. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Damn.
    All those years of playing Ts and Tsw, and I’ve never travelled voluntarily as a passenger.
    Must be a control freak…

7. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

It's pretty fun to do when you actually get to it, but I suppose post people don't do it because it feels like a bit of a "waste of time" to play while not playing at all. But it's pretty nice to just watch and appreciate the route scenery.

8. paweuek

paweuek Active Member

I'd love to hear some day one of the "Hello passengers! This is your capitan speaking" with the characteristic whistle sound before announcement itself

• Like Like x 3
  9. LWDAdnane

LWDAdnane Well-Known Member

Would be nice if there was a possibility to speak through your mic, and the game distorts it a little to make sound like your being heard through a speaker. That way we can roleplay announcements such as being held at a red signal and waiting at stations to even out the timetable etc etc. Can't imagine that being something too difficult to add in.

• Like Like x 1
  10. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

I am afraid that would be one “feature” I would NEVER use. The wife all ready thinks I am a little “odd” with my train fascination… if I start talking to myself while making a run would be the icing on the cake for her…. No, best leave that option not implemented:)

• Like Like x 8
  11. LWDAdnane

LWDAdnane Well-Known Member

I must be lucky living alone then!

• Like Like x 1
  12. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I'm sure she has things you would consider "odd" in her list of interests...
    Certainly every woman I've been with have had something I just raise my eyebrows at and walk away (silently chuckling)

• Like Like x 1
  13. paweuek

paweuek Active Member

Sooo very much same here:D

• Like Like x 2
  14. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

i am also wating for it to be added to all the older routes as well, i also play Densha De go, and it really does make the immersion expeience more realistic? Hopefully Adam and His Amazing Wonderful team can make this happen before the end of year, which would be a good surprise for all the fans here and best present for Christmas, before the end of this year. i really also do wish that it would be this year. But before that they have to make sure all the PIS System is on all the train inside cab before they can bring the PSA into all the train.