I Really Want To Play (help With Choice)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by praslov, Oct 4, 2021.

Tags:
  1. praslov

praslov New Member

Hey! I am Russian and I write through a translator, so do not scold me strongly if there are mistakes in the English-language text.

I am an employee of Russian Railways and I really want to play this game, but there is one problem with which, in principle, I came here. This is a selection of video cards to play

I am generally looking for a purchase card at the moment. Because at the moment I have (please don't laugh) GeForce GTX 760.

Considering between NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super ( performance tests https://rankquality.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2060-super/ ) VS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

what do you think and what can you tell me? not even purely for this game, but for the future! thanks a lot

2. dbrunner#4864

dbrunner#4864 Well-Known Member

If you have the money get the TRX 2080 TI as its much faster than RTX 2060 Super. But if you want something more budget friendly the RTX 2060 super should also do quite fine for most games including TSW.

3. montes_1234

montes_1234 Well-Known Member

For TSW2 2060 super will be more than enough for the ultra settings. TSW2 has superb graphics but at the same time it has low spec requirements.

4. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Rtx 2080ti is more expensive but should perform better and last you a little longer

5. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

I upgraded my 4 year old PC (it sounds like yours is at least as old) with an RTX 2070, and it runs in 4k and Ultra settings at 40fps, so I agree that either card should be fine, with the 2080 a bit more future proof. At the risk of telling you something you already know, are you sure that you can simply replace your GTX 760 with an RTX 20xx? You need to be aware of physical size and power supply requirements, for example. I'm not saying that it won't work, only that there may be other issues to consider.