Opinions On 'rush Hour' Passengers?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Ian1991, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

Hi guys, just a random one from me to the community, I have had to play on ps4 for last 6months but its become unplayable switching from PC so now will fit my new hard drive tomorrow and get back on it.

Just asking for peoples opinions on the rush hour passenger numbers?

Do you think its ALOT busier, a little etc?
    Im only looking to buy london commuter but if the first two are worth it I shall buy the season ticket just some feedback off people please sensible constructive comments welcome.

Glad to be back on the PC tomorrow!

2. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

I went from PS4 to a 5 and that alone drastically increased passenger numbers across all routes.
    I can only comment on Boston, and the numbers are as advertised- very impressive.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

The numbers are good. The new clothing patterns are quite cleverly done. But currently one or two patterns are being duplicated a little too often, making it look like everyone’s just come out from a local store sale or something.

• Like Like x 1
  4. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

Still tends to look like a human cloning experiment but more so with the increased passenger numbers.

5. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Going by my first experience driving Dresden to Riesa on PC, can’t say I noticed any difference in the number of passengers spawning. If my save game holds up and the return train shown at 0745 on the PIS turns up, I’ll see if the drive back yields any better results.

6. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Much busier on the platforms. Boston’s a so so route, not taken by that as it’s very a to b. Dresden feels like a fairly busy (soon to be busier world) and Brighton is looking great

7. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I think passenger numbers have definitely improved, particularly at the times of day when it should be rush hour. Different routes seem to provide different results in terms of repetition. Often it's quite subtle with different shades of a few outfits giving a fairly natural look, but other times, you get a lot of people with the same bright coat and it's a bit odd, like a big group on a day trip.

Of the three routes, Boston is probably the least interesting, but still has a decent amount of track and stations, and two quite different trains (neither very good at stopping). Dresden has a huge variety of options, particularly with the new Branch coming and some great scenery, so for the extra £10 over just getting Brighton, it probably is worth going for the season ticket, particularly when they fix the issue with the DB BR 101.

8. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

What issue is that? I was not aware of any major issue with the 101 on the route.

Cheers

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
  9. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I like it a lot to see more people around, it makes the routes feel much more realistic. The downside however is that more people are standing at the platform edge, which is not a pleasure to see when going through a station at speed. Furthermore, it feels very odd that when my train arrives in a station, there are loads of people entering the platform. Typically, people joining the ride would already wait at the platform (at least in Germany), and not enter it when the train has stopped. I often feel like I leave half the people behind, but then I cannot wait 3 minutes to let everyone walk up to the the first door and enter the train. Not sure if that could be optimized, e.g. 99% of people are already on the platform when the train arrives, and there would be not more than a handful of people coming onto the platform.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

The only issue with the 101 that I know of is PlayStation only. For some players the 101 does not show up when installed and breaks every service in timetable mode.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Yep, PS issue - shouldn't affect you on PC.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

DTG have made a right mess on PlayStation. I hope they get everything sorted soon in Sony Land.

Cheers