Br143 Db And Special Programmes (sonder Programs In German)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by VION, Oct 5, 2021.

1. VION

VION Active Member

Hello, I would like to know in which case the special programs named "BEDINGTER AUSLAUF" are used because the other two named "NUR FAHREN" and "NUR BREMSEN" I think I know how to use them for the right purpose it's just "traction only" or "braking only". But my question is how can we combine the two, i.e. use them at the same time, if it is possible. Does one have priority or ascendancy over the other and especially if feasible, how to use "BEDINGTER AUSLAUF" in conjunction with "NUR FAHREN" and "NUR BREMSEN"? What is the procedure if anyone can enlighten me.

Thank you.

2. tygerways#2596

tygerways#2596 Well-Known Member

In "Bedingter Auslauf/Conditional Run" the loco will stop applying power as soon as it has reached (or exceeded) the selected speed once and then start coasting. You can use it for approaching a station or an incoming speed limit, e.g.
    In my understanding, each program will be cancelled as soon as you
    1) select "Delete/Löschen"
    2) select another program, OR
    3) select another speed (V soll).
    So no program should have priority over the other and they cannot be combined.
    See: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/DR-Baureihe_243#Konstruktion
    If you want to just start coasting, simply select a speed one notch below your currect speed and then select "Bedingter Auslauf".

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. redtrainz

redtrainz Active Member

If you understand German (or if the videos happen to have automatically generated subtitles in English - I can't check if they have them - and if those subtitles aren't terrible), here is an East German training video for the 143:
    Part 1:
    Part 2:

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. VION

VION Active Member

Thank you very much for these examples to be used and overall what they are doing. This loco is my favorite.German.

5. VION

VION Active Member

Thank you very much. A Steam German friend sent those linked videos to me but as I lost the links, I hadn't to find again these two parts. Thank you again.

• Like Like x 1