PC Station Stop Not Triggering On Meissen Branch

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by OldVern, Oct 5, 2021.

1. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Using the BR143 on the 0727 from Meissen S1 service, on arrival at the first stop Meissen Altstadt the station stop not triggering, no open door prompt etc. Tried moving up the platform but same result. Manually opening and closing doors does not clear the objective so on departing the stop is still shown as required.

Edit: Just tried a later run with the BR146 and that's having the same issue.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
  2. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

You need to stop exactly on the marker point to trigger the stopping procedure.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. rhysrobinson336

rhysrobinson336 Member

Matt explained on the branch preview stream that you need to stop on or after the marker to trigger it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. OldVern

Okay I’ll run it again, though sure I did draw past. Seems a bit extreme to be applying this, if the case. Can understand within 5m of the marker but this isn’t one of the Japanese games like BVE where the stopping position is finely judged.

5. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

The Meißen branch isn't triggering at all on ps5...

6. OldVern

Sounds like there is a bug, then.

Edit: Tested again with PC and yes stopping dead on the mark I got the prompt.

Well frankly this is a bit of a joke, probably doesn't happen IRL and certainly un-necessary in the sim. The only way you can do it is to literally crawl at 5 km/h and try to hit the sweet spot with the brakes.

This may be a "design feature" then, but if so it needs easing to something more lenient.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
  7. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

That's because they update for route bugs and the branch has not been released only the core has been London Brighton was only in the core I believe

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Matt said on Monday‘s stream that there was a problem with trains not stopping in the right place and therefore they had to implement exact stopping points to make the branch work.

I‘m sure it’ll get resolved eventually. Personally I’m happy to have it as it is for now. It’s an excellent addition to the route.

9. OldVern

Guess we will have to wait, then. Once back on the main line, the usual generous latitude with stopping distance resumed but by then I was running at least 8 minutes late after the 5 km/h crawl and stop start stop at the three intermediate stations.

10. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

Yeah I ran into this too OldVern and it makes it fairly unplayable. I also ran into PZB issues with PZB stopping me even though I acknowledge the signal or sign at the right time. I think they should have fixed the stop markers at least before it was released, especially since it ended up coming out earlier than we expected it. I'm really disappointed.

11. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I completed the branch ok on PS5. Only at the first stop from the Meißen end I had to move forward slightly to trigger it - just need to be really accurate at the moment. Hopefully something they'll sort, but still usable.

• Like Like x 1
  12. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

I meant it wasn't available lol. All fixed now

• Like Like x 1