After Updating Ps5 System Software: New Routes Not Visible

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by appleerwin, Sep 15, 2021.

1. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

Thanks for the update JD. I'm curious about the cause of the issue so your update should be good and we can see how close we all were with our speculations! :D

2. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hey folks. Here's the latest, and a workaround for the interim whilst we put together a Plan A and Plan B solution.

Appreciate this isn't ideal, but we're doing what we can to build a workable solution within Sony's infrastructure.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Its the principle, we shouldn't have to delete content to enable new DLC to work. .

4. whiteleyaj

whiteleyaj Active Member

I fear if Sony are inflexible about their cap - we are screwed as there is no other way around the issue - I feel the issue is you cant make a dlc appear as core (otherwise everyone would get it) - I tried to think how COD do it but they are updating the game for all so doesnt get hindered by the cap. Thank you DTG for the update - please keep updating or it will feel the issues on the back burner. It may help to list the layers needed for certain routes as to not involuntarily remove something that adds to the experience of another route. eg the new BML, or Dresden...?

• Like Like x 2
  5. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

tell that to sony then

6. HappyBasher

HappyBasher Active Member

Aha, just found the latest, very odd that the firmware update introduced this limit but 64GB is a very significant number in computing terms - as I posted a couple of pages ago I suspected it was to do with size not number of addons as I had to remove 3 about 2gb to get one 6gb installed! Glad we've found a reason now anyway

7. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I saw that for Railfan TV next week there is a preview of the West Cornwall route which means it's imminent.
    Will this deleting DLC to make new routes and loco's appear be resolved by then? I have deleted everything I want to delete at this stage just to get the Rush Hour routes in.