Gwe Preservation Review

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Rob39, Oct 5, 2021.

1. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Mentioned on the roadmap stream that pres crew are looking at improvements if any can be made to GWE. I’ll add my request.
    livery function.
    Class 66 sound review.(frequently used loco across dlcs, with sub par sound)
    We have the Brighton Mainline and Eastcoastway stretch of the Newhaven JNA service. How about extending that from a signal west of Reading for a drive to Acton.
    Use of the Hayes unloading facility as seen in aggregate industries scenario, but integrated into the service timetable (like Redcar in TVL).
    A general cluttering up of the area around Reading station. I know its newish in 2015 but looks too overexposed and clinical.
    The mysterious dark spot outside Reading station.
    ATP on the HST?
    Flashing yellow signals.
    Unlikely but I’ll mention it - Greenford extension?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

That's the East Coastway 66, the GWE one has been obsolete for a long time now...

3. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Strangely the GWE 66 has some sound bugs ironed out that the ECW dosent. Such as abruptly incoming train sound. I think they both need a fresh start. One thing I forgot to mention is the licensed containers for Dresden. How good would GWE look with a similar rake.

4. Doomotron

I reckon that the next time a 66 is included in a route, it'll be a rebuild like with the ACS-64 and BR143. It's among the oldest trains in the game and does feel dated.

5. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Could maybe do with a detailed 66 pack since theres that many subclasses and the fact that they are so common.

6. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Only so long as we can walk on the footbridge over the Western Avenue at South Greenford. Reminiscences of childhood for me and a great view of the train going past.

7. BR125

BR125 Well-Known Member

remove the random bit of OHLE near Taplow - I reported it over 2 years ago to Matt and it is still there (The is roughly 200m of random OHLE installed for no apparent reason)

- Fix the dark section as you leave Reading for London
    - Fix the TPWS
    - Change the lights from yellow to the newer orange
    - Sound passes on all locos (the sound mod for the 166 is perfection)
    - add some life to Acton with statics

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  8. JZJ90

JZJ90 Active Member

It is there intentionally, the route is set in the time period when the OHLE was being installed and that's why it is in various stages along the line.

• Like Like x 3
  9. BR125

BR125 Well-Known Member

Yeah the frame work would be up - but they wouldnt randomly cable 200m of it. They would start the cables from Paddington, not do it in hodge-podge sections. The centenary should be up, but not the cables.

• Like Like x 1
  10. RobSkip

RobSkip Well-Known Member

OHLE wiring isn't continuous so I don't see why you'd think this. Wires went up pretty randomly as sections of equipment were completed.[​IMG]
    Photos at Taplow during the time the route is set do show the 'random' bit of wiring you mention too, so it is realistic, albeit lacking the accurate termination/tensioning equipment (more an issue in general than just GWE though)

11. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

TrainSim-Adam a polite question, getting on for 10 months ago (will be 12 at xmas) I asked how the crew were getting along with the Livery designer for HST

Is it a case of it's done and awaiting release schedule or not even started yet?

I ask as the Livery designer side is very sporadic at present, for example NTP heavy freight no mention of Livery designer... then all of sudden released out of blue

Any info would be appreciated by the community,

Thank you

• Like Like x 3
  12. Doomotron

I am sure it will come, but I reckon there are issues with the models (GWE is a very old route, after all) that could be causing issues. I doubt it's the GWR logo on the HSTs that are the problem!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

Agreed hopefully adam can confirm in due course :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Just thought of another feature. PIS on the 166.

• Like Like x 4
  15. taybarker20

taybarker20 Active Member

I think my requests for the preservation crew would be for 8 coach hst, 6 coach 166s in service mode and with new services added to the timetable aswell

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

For console you mean? Thought the PS5 and series x had that now.
    Something else comes to mind the current bunny ear exhaust from the HST. Could it produce a haze? Or failing that, reduce the plumes so they dissipate quicker, and closer to the exhaust port.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I would desperately like to see some set up time on GWE. The timetable itself probably doesn’t need to be changed, just spawn the character 1-2 minutes into the train earlier (if that’s possible).

• Like Like x 1