F40ph-3c Speedometer Not Working

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by 1979, Oct 5, 2021.

1. 1979

1979 New Member

Thanks for the Boston Update, now my Speedometer doesn't work and the annoying whine noise that came from the CabCar is now in the F40-PH cab.

How the Speedometer made it through testing really doesn't surprise me.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Yep, same. Posted in the technical forum before I saw your post.

3. jmhdc812

jmhdc812 Active Member

Same here. Additionally, trying things out, I ran #907 Boston to Stoughton and I'm getting a brake activation going through the tunnel just past Ruggles. Nothing I do will clear it.

20211005163518_1.jpg

20211005163606_1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

So Boston became totally undriveable, nice

• Like Like x 2
  5. HotdogDay#5435

HotdogDay#5435 New Member

I got a penalty brake there and when driving out the tunnel from Back Bay when the ADU goes up to 90 from 60 lmao. I'm trying to reproduce it to get it on video but it seems to happen randomly. I found you have to hit the "Alerter Reset" switch above the sander button to get the brakes to charge.
    20211005210335_1.jpg

Yeah, I guess I can go back to leaving the safety systems off and only driving to the wayside signals/ignoring the cab signal if its still broken. Some of the location points still don't dispatch after them so you still get approach signals to make sure you're never on time. This is more frustrating than fun.

• Like Like x 2
  6. jmhdc812

jmhdc812 Active Member

Yeah, mine wasn't a penalty brake. There was no alerter involved. I was just smoothly accelerating and it started braking. Funny enough, the alerter actually did come on as the train was slowing, I acknowledged as usual and it reset as usual. In my case, it appears that it is the Loco brake that's engaging and not the train brake as you can see from the pics. There's no throttle lockout engaged. I'm still in notch 8 throughout. Bailing off the loco brake reduced the BP but didn't clear it up. Tried the alerter reset as well as cycling the CB's on the safety devices. Nothing resolved it. I have seen the random penalty brake issue you referred to, pre-update, and it is indeed random. With this most recent issue, I ran it 4 times, while restarting steam as well as re-booting my system just to be sure, and the same issue repeated reliably all 4 times in the same location.

Love the route! Just hope it can be fixed up relatively quickly.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
  7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It always feels like one step forward, two steps back.

• Like Like x 5
  8. jmhdc812

jmhdc812 Active Member

LOL!! Yeah...like a minefield!! :D

9. VION

VION Active Member

Yes I can confirm the speedometer doesn't working. for the randomly penalty brakes, I think this loco doesn't run over 80 mph so if you speed up over 80 mph a penalty occur. As said before and above to get starting again you have to switch on the alerter reset.
    I'm waiting for a fix to this speedometer. And the safety system is a mess at time.