Riesa Dresden - Love Hate

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Oct 6, 2021.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I am still really impressed with the look and feel of Riesa Dresden and the newly added Meißen branch really adds to the route. It is certainly one of the best looking routes in TSW 2.

However, frame rate on the PS5 version of the game is appalling in places, especially on the approach to Dresden and I think this is worse since the update. The service I’ve just played, an S1 from Meißen to Dresden using the 112 became very sticky/juttery the nearer to Dresden I got - which given the power of the PS5 is really concerning - surely it can’t be taxing such a powerful piece of kit so much?

Running the aforementioned S1 service using the 112 (which started at 7:04am) I also triggered PZB several times. Once as I passed a yellow signal, the emergency brakes applied immediately as if a 500Hz magnet was active. Another time, the HUD showed I had triggered a 500Hz magnet, yet the signal was Green and had been when I left the station. I can’t remember exactly where these PZB triggers happened. The first was on the Meißen branch and the other was not long after joining the main line towards Dresden.

I really dislike having to stop exactly on the marker at stations on the Meißen branch and the timetable is still poorly curated with station stops at like 07:04:37 or 07:36:22 (examples not actual times), which are in no way typical from what I can gather.

In summary, performance on the route is poor on PS5, there are still a significant number of bugs and the timetable is not great. It all spoils the enjoyment for me personally.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  2. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

That's why I said in the PS4 vs PS5 topic that buying a PS5 doesn't improve the game for me. Dresden is my favourite route and I started off with Dresden as my introduction to TSW2. In the beginning I was of the opinion that it was time to upgrade but when I heard my fans spinning so loud in the menu screen I realised optimisation for this game needs much improvement. Because I was holding out other routes to play until they got passenger upgrades, the whole Dresden experience was mostly my TSW2 experience until yesterday when I started playing Koln, and found this route to be very enjoyable to drive. Going back to Dresden I now understand comments of people holding out on Dresden until it get's fixed.

But it's good to see DTG really fixes things, so now with Bakerloo and Koln being updated, I'm confident that season ticket will have paid of in the end. Might take a year but hey. PS5's may be available by then ;)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  3. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

The Dresden route has a serious problem with AI trains, as I was playing S1 Dresden - Meissen, and I was saving along the progress, my game crashed and I returned from where I left off, arriving on the final path, a train right in front of a green light didn't progress, causing a red light to cascade for me, and I couldn't complete the path. Not to mention another cargo journey at 8:15 from Riesa to Dresden that a train got stuck just in front of Coswig, right at the beginning of the Meissen branch. Need to fix it urgently!!!

• Like Like x 2
  4. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

Each time I've tried to run a freight service on Dresden, since the update, I've gotten the "signal passed at danger" message shortly after starting because of an AI train passing a red signal somewhere along the line.. In another instance, I was riding as passenger and the same exact thing happened!

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Most likely poor asset compression coupled with high textures in what is quite a busy tile, the two major stations must be quite the resource strain on ram, along with the natural amount of traffic in the area.

Personally I’m still seeing at least 30fps in the area without significant stuttering (at least no worse than usual TSW stutters) so I’m not really too concerned about it, but I’d expect the same thing with BML.

The issue with TSW 2 is that the game is always going to render a 4K texture and it only gets scaled down via your output regardless of what it is, and rendering everything in at 4K is going to be taxing.

6. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

Hahaha, so that explains the fact that I get a message to run a red light, right after starting some service, even without moving the train I'm driving. Good We hope that the problems with the AI trains will be resolved, in addition to the crashes and other problems related to Dresden, which is a line I loved from the beginning, but I feel frustrated that I can't take advantage of it because of these technical problems, I would be very upset if BML came with as much trouble as Dresden, as I've been craving this line since playing East Costway, which I bought along with the base game.

• Like Like x 1
  7. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

Sorry for my ignorance here but all these problems with Dresden on PS5 do they affect PS4? to the same extent? I haven’t got Dresden but I’m curious.

• Like Like x 1
  8. morph147

morph147 Active Member

Yes many of the issues stim from the crash that when driving into dresden on the route the game crashes unless you approach super slow. It sounds like this is a memory issue. This is happening on all devices.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

So, I made a drive from Meißen.
    Also had one PZB Zwangsbremsung after Neusörnewitz at a yellow signal. I'm not quite sure if it was a bug or I made a mistake. Gonna retry.

What I like after the patch:
    - PIS on the most trains seems to be working now, except S2 (?)
    - A lot of freight trains passing
    - the branch itself

But I also had some performance issues and the PIS for my train at the stations didn't work correctly. My train was always shown as the next train, the train that was expected was shown with a delay of 452 minutes...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

Even just walking around Dresden Hauptbahnhof has framerate issues on PS5.

• Like Like x 1