Meissen Branch Update Is Out On Steam

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by podinc, Oct 5, 2021.

1. podinc

podinc Member

Enjoy the branch line.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I am looking forward to playing it tonight after work.

3. montes_1234

montes_1234 Well-Known Member

Are there any performance improvements?

4. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

5. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Damn I'm working away tonight :(

6. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

5.8GB download for me (that's more than just the Meissen branch, of course). The new branch does look rather spiffing!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Engineer Kenny 123

Engineer Kenny 123 New Member

I got an update, but it didn't include the branch line. It said something about it may come in pieces. But I was thinking that may be for console players, not PC people. So is this to be expected? Also, the route now enables the 155 to be used for freight, which is great. But as of yet, the 155 is not raildriver compatible. I was kind of expecting it to be, since this is a new route. Any thoughts there? Or anyplace I might look to get info on this? Thanks for your replies.

8. Engineer Kenny 123

So NOW the branch line IS there - that is great news. But still wondering about the raildriver for the 155. Any ideas?

9. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

155 is not on the raildriver list. It was added to the substitution capability list on the route - but the loco itself has not received any updates, I believe Preserved Crew are working their way through the loco list at the moment.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. Engineer Kenny 123

Well, thank you SIR, for your prompt reply. I appreciate you taking the time, and I quite understand. Love that loco - and SO wonderful to have it included on this route. So I'll just be patient - they will get to it eventually. In the meantime, there are plenty of other things to do on this amazing route. BTW - fantastic job on this route. So much fun, and so many choices. Thanks again for the reply!

11. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I'm slightly disappointed there's no new scenario for the branch line, since it's the way I mostly play TSW2.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist Well-Known Member

Is that possibly because it would impact the Journey? Pretty sure every route Journey in the game includes all the scenarios for that route.

13. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

They could do what they do with loco DLCs and just make a new one. Although I reckon the only reason they didn't do it is time restraints.

14. tom.frame

tom.frame Member

So I did the update and I see the services 461 and the destination sign said Meissen but the map shows Coswig ?? I can't pick any stations from the 4 station on the Meissen Branch in Scenario planner was the update for the branch today or is it coming out Thursday??

15. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

If you have 461 services then you have the update. From service mode you can see the Meissen services when selecting the 143, 146 or Dosto.

In regards to scenario planner, I aslo cannot select any of the Meissen stations...it looks like this will come eventually via an update by the preservation crew.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
  16. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

The map only shows up as far as Coswig for various boring timing reasons but the service DOES go to Meissen - if it says on the service list it's a Meissen train, then you have the update and it will work.

Scenario Designer - i've put someone on fixing that :)

The map going as far as Coswig will get a fix too (along with those silly exact-stops), but no plan on timescale yet. I want to do a roundup of feedback on the new timetable and then do another single update on it based on that, so get your feedback to me :)

• Like Like x 7
  17. tygerways#2596

tygerways#2596 Well-Known Member

It is still not out on Epic, is it?

18. tom.frame

tom.frame Member

Thanks Matt I appreciate the answer keep up the great work you all do :)

19. robert_m

robert_m New Member

TrainSim-Matt

I don't have the update on Epic either. No option to go to Meissen and only 350 services instead of the 461 mentioned. Version shows 1.0.80 and build number 84.

• Like Like x 1
  20. tygerways#2596

tygerways#2596 Well-Known Member

Same here. A minimum of the annoucend changes seem to be visible in this build (like the fixed speed readings on the gradient table in the pause screen).

But also a lot of strange things seem to be happening in this build, that worked before (as far as I can remember), like trains getting congested at Hamburg Hbf at red signals because of AI trains not leaving the map in HHL, BR 112 not applying the train brake properly, only lowering EQ, not BP in DRA ...). I refrain from reporting this after we finally get the proper update on Epic too.

21. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I've got unplayable stutters and freezes when running with the settings previously used. Going into Neustadt took 2-3 mins real time to go the last 500yrds and pull up during a rush hour service. Outside rush hour it was playable although still no where near as smooth as before. Deopping my graphics down to FXAA from TAA improves things incredibly so I can at run rush hour services with very little issues. Guess I'm going to have to bit the bullet and improve my PC

22. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

Love this "off-piste" view point. Well done to the designer for giving us somewhere to roam! TSW2_Coppo_1633516516_00.png

• Like Like x 2
  23. robert_m

robert_m New Member

Just got the update for London Commuter and the Meissen Branch was with it.