PC Cathcart Circle Tutorial Stops At Hud Explanation

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by kevint1972, Oct 5, 2021.

1. kevint1972

kevint1972 Member

I'm trying to play the first tutorial mission on the Cathcart Circle line. I get to the point where I've boarded the train at Glasgow Central and sat down in the drivers seat, and I've opened and closed the pause menu. The game then brings up the HUD display and tells me what the speed needle and maximum speed marker are for. The tutorial then stops with the HUD flashing. I don't know how to make it continue. I can look around, pause or use keyboard or Raildriver controls, but I can't leave my seat or use the mouse to operate the train controls. Nothing I do seems to trigger the next message in the tutorial. I've tried several times and this always happens.

I'm playing in Windows 10, the game & add-on are dowloaded from Steam, and I have an RTX 2080 graphics card.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Normally at this point in the tutorial, the game would want you to press “E” each time a part of the HUD is explained. Did you press E when you experienced this?

3. kevint1972

kevint1972 Member

Repeatedly. It doesn't react to pressing E or pressing other keys or pressing the mouse button. I can do certain things. I can bring up the pause menu. If I have Raildriver plugged in, I can start the train moving using the lever. However I can't stand up or operate any of the train controls with the mouse and the tutorial messages do not continue whatever I do. It seems the tutorial just gets stuck.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

And you tried this a few times as well? That does indeed sound like… a bug! :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. phillipa#1949

phillipa#1949 Active Member

Yep the PS5 version flakes out half way through the BR CLASS 314 introduction issue loss of sound & Controls flake out as well.Same with the BR Class 66 on GWR introduction as well.Please could you fix this DTG ASAP Sorry will re-post this in the Play Station forum

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
  6. ger842

ger842 New Member

I have the same problem. Also have the Raildriver. Certainly a bug.

7. Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist Well-Known Member

Same problem here, HUD just pulses and the subtitles of Matt's explanation about the speed display stay on screen, no "Press E to continue" prompt comes up and no amount of actually pressing E makes it continue. All other route introductions work fine.

8. kiwiprofessor

kiwiprofessor New Member

Same problem too on PC/Steam
    I submitted a report on the Support portal

• Like Like x 1