Some Help Please

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by LWDAdnane, Oct 6, 2021.

1. LWDAdnane

LWDAdnane Well-Known Member

During my stream yesterday evening, I decided to end with a freight service. Unfortunately however, as you will see, I was completely perplexed as to how to get moving. Not something I've had an issue with before, but I'm certain the fault was on my end. So what did I do wrong, or not do at all? First loco was a 182, second was a 185.2. Thank you in advance.

Please see 2:07:48 (182) and 2:14:48 (185.2) onwards

2. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

You have done nothing wrong. You just need a lot of patience…

I am not sure in what state the brakes are supposed to be when you are taking over the train. It takes way too long for them to release.

Especially considering that most of the trains are set to P. In this config it should not take longer then about 30s plus a couple of seconds until the pressure rise has arrived at the back of the train.

In G it can take up to about 60s.

If you just sit there and wait, you can occasionally apply some power and you will notice that the train stretches and this stretch will become longer over time, until it starts moving eventually. This shows that the brakes are released one by one, from front to back.

It takes too long, but this behaviour is only apparent at the start of the service, they work as expected, once you have started moving.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. LWDAdnane

Interesting, thank you. Is this behaviour realistic, or something that would need to get fixed? I ran the 185 on RRO if I'm not mistaken, and remember it working completely fine, brakes would be released fairly quickly. And yes, I did notice the stretch, however the only other times I've experienced it have been when I've tried to move a loco but forgot either the handbrake or other type of brake on, so I thought it would be that somehow.

4. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

TBH I have not timed the release time yet. And I don’t know what state the brakes are set up to be in. But, if you take over a train which is not newly build, you don’t need to do a break check or something like that. Hence, I would say that this is not a realistic behaviour.

Again, in P max just above 30s and in G just above a minute, or so…

5. LWDAdnane

Understood, thank you once again.