Searchlight Simulation's Es44 Sounds Enhancement

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nacho, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Hello everybody, I installed this pack from Searchlight simulations: https://www.store.searchlight-simulations.com/ge-gevo-12-enhancement-pack
    and despite the sounds are awesome in the outside when I get into the cab I can't hear the engine, it is completely muted. The horn sounds loud and clear and every other sound does too but I cannot get the engine to make any noise.
    I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue and got to solve it, I saw some videos in youtube of this sounds and they are amazing.

2. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

It says discontinued - maybe because it was bugged

3. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Yes I thought that but I saw this video and even in the manual it's listed the interior sounds as a feature.

4. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

I would suggest that is was installed incorrectly.

5. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Yeah that might be, but as it uses an installer where I just have to put the direction where Railworks is installed, then I don't know what could have posibly gone wrong.

6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Is the loco you are trying on the list of those it installs to?

7. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Yes, I am trying with the ES44AC included on Sherman Hill

8. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Are you trying the loco in a normal scenario or a Quick Drive?
    Have you tried one of the other locos it applies to?

9. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Ok there is something here, meanwhile it doesn't work for the ES44AC of Sherman Hill it does work for the one included in the US Loco and Assets pack: sounds are functional and the other features included in the package work too (it doesn't in the Sherman Hill's one).
    Quick drive or career seems to make no difference
    EDIT: I made a test scenario with the ES44AC from Sherman Hill but without the brake difficult increase/decrease option and this one works too. So it seems to be a problem of that feature

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
  10. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Well it seems to be that, I'll keep testing later but at least I can hear those great sounds while driving. Thanks Peter

11. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Not a loco I drive but glad you got it working :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. ThePBX

ThePBX New Member

Hey Nacho, have you managed to figure out why this is happening? I am having the same issue with both kuju us pack and Sherman Hill. I also have the SD70M enhancement which works great without any issues.

Btw how do you disable brake difficult increase/decrease option?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
  13. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

There are two versions, one with the braking increase/decrease feature and the other without it, both included with Sherman Hill. The one without that feature works well for me, in RWA forums I found out that the pack doesn't work with the one that have the option of brake difficulty, that unluckily is the one used for all the scenarios, but you can replace it with RWTools.
    The US assets pack's one (Kuju) should be working properly so I don't know which is the problem there.

14. ThePBX

ThePBX New Member

Thanks for the info I've tried everything in the past couple of days except this. Now I have to learn how to use RW tools :))

15. Average_Joe57

Average_Joe57 Active Member

Make sure you enable the SS enhancement pack on the routes you want to run it on. All you have to do is go into the Route Editor, select the route you want to add the pack to, then once it loads click on the cube with the arrow. A menu should pop up listing all of the asset folders installed to your TS22, scroll until you find the MLWAudio folder, click on it, and enable the GE-GEVO-12 folder by clicking the middle checkmark, then save the edit and you're done!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā

PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā Well-Known Member

I'm having a similar issue with the sound pack for SD40-2s. I installed correctly but it doesn't seem to overwrite the default sd40-2. Just default sounds play. I take it it's not the old UP one that comes with the US assets?

17. nonnaupside

nonnaupside New Member

Hello,
    I've been trying to find the version without the braking increase/decrease feature, but I have been unable to find it. I went into the editor and activated Sherman Hill, but all I have is the ES44AC and the ND variant, and nothing else. Is it somewhere else?
    Thank you in advance

18. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Man that is curious, I just checked and I couldn't find it either. Maybe an update made it dissapear? I am intrigued. I uninstalled the patch long ago because of it not having a working speedometer.

19. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I checked a scenario I replaced with the non advanced brakes ES44 with TSTools and I found it there, the adress is this one: RSC\ShermanHill\RailVehicles\Diesel\ES44AC\Default\Engine\SH_ES44AC_nadbr.xml
    Which doesn't exist on my computer.
    I also checked that scenario and it says that the loco wasn't found.
    Maybe the non advanced brakes model only exist when the SS enhancement is installed (which I have not right now)? If not then it must be an update which is weird for an old route like that. I'll try latter reinstalling the patch.
    EDIT: Yep, that seems to be it, the non advanced brakes version only exists when installing the sound patch, as I just did and I found it.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021