Hudson Line: Croton-harman - Poughkeepsie

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MetroMad1229, Oct 7, 2021.

1. MetroMad1229

MetroMad1229 Well-Known Member

Intro
    Gday fokes andn welcome back to another route suggestion, today we're gonna talk about the Metro-North Hudson line and why it should be added, as always, its similar to Long Island Railroad and similar routes are the best. I really hope you agree, and I really hope this happens. Other than that, lets get right in.

Route information
    The Hudson Line is a commuter rail line owned my Metro-North that runs from Croton-Harmon to Poughkeepsie which was constructed in 1849. The line has a top speed of 70-80mph. Amtrak joins the line just before Riverdale and travels along the Empire Connection from Penn Station and ends at Poughkeepsie.

Route Length: 74m

Stops
    • Croton
    • Cortlandt
    • Peekskill
    • Garrison
    • Cold Spring
    • Beacon
    • New Hamburg
    • Poughkeepsie
    The year it should be set in should probably be set in 2017-2021.

Trains that run on this line
    • M7
    • M3
    • P32AC-DC
    What I think works is M7s and M3s come with the route and P32s become DLC and later Amtrak P32AC-DM comes as DLC as well.
    Here are some images of Metro North trains.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Conclusion
    Thanks for listening to my reasons why they should add this route. If you agree, make sure to hit that tick button to like the thread!! Other than that, I really hope they do it. I heard that quite a bit of people have been asking for this, so I wanted to help them suggest this route so they actually do it. Once again thanks for listening, if there is something you wanna tell me, please feel free to reply. I hope you guys enjoyed listening to my reasons an I'll be back for more route suggestions.

GOOOOOOOOD BYE!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

I don't recall M3/7as running beyond north of Croton Harmon...and M8 don't even operate on the Hudson Line

• Like Like x 1
  3. MetroMad1229

MetroMad1229 Well-Known Member

Oof my bad! I’ll fix that up.

4. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

Now if u suggesting Grand Central to Poughkeepsie or even Croton Harmon then I'm all for it

5. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I think DTG would be better off doing the Hudson Line they did for TS1, which runs from Grand Central to Crofton Harmon, as well as Amtraks line from Penn Central. This would then have both Amtrak and Metro North trains on the line, A CSX loco can also be added for freight operations on the line.

So ideally the 3 locos that could come would be...

M7a (Metro North)
    P32AC-DC (Metro North and Amtrak)
    Genset or a GEEP (CSX)

6. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea however DTG will take the shortcut in Making M7 & M3 Metro-North is reskin the existing M7 & M3 LIRR Yellow paint to Metro-North Blue and White. In reality there are differences Hudson Line M7A 10 car is permitted but cannot run on the Harlem Line North of North White Plains due to substation issues with the rooftop air conditioning vent having a side duct. M3A has M7A seats from 2004 to 2007 refurbishment because those were originally ordered for 1983 Brewster to North White Plains electrification project 750v DC Third rail bottom contact.