PlayStation Immersion Cameras

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by ianjpoole, Oct 5, 2021.

1. ianjpoole

ianjpoole Active Member

Right, I have just logged onto my TSW game and thought, I would see if you can get immersion cameras and it seems that the problem, in scenario mode, isn't just related to the Dresden route

Basically ALL of the routes which sends you straight to immersion settings (which I believe is every route from Bakerloo onwards), if you click the R3 button to go to exterior cameras, it sends you back to classic settings but if you then go to use the classic camera (by holding the R3 button) still nothing pops up for exterior cameras

And you are not able to go into the settings during and change because you are locked into immersion settings

However, you go to a route that doesn't require immersion settings i.e. everything before Bakerloo and the camera settings are fine

So that is the issues with immersion in-depth, just wondering if this is a problem that is now going to be addressed?

2. ianjpoole

ianjpoole Active Member

3. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

That sounds really odd... can you record a video and show me what's going on there?

Can anyone else confirm if they are seeing it on other platforms, or is this unique to PS4 or 5?

Thanks

4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I haven’t noticed ever being sent back to classic controls. I presume by classic controls you mean the option wheel pops up on screen so you can select which camera you want to use?

5. ianjpoole

ianjpoole Active Member

Yes Matt, shall I send them straight here or direct to you?

Allow me to clarify

So with the Boston Sprinter when it first released, you pressed the R3 button on the PS controller to go to the immersion camera and nothing happened but when you went to go and use the other settings, it reverted to classic settings i.e. you held R3 to access the cameras and held the left D pad button to open the doors

When the Dresden route was added, you pressed R3 for the immersion camera, nothing happened but then you held R3 and nothing happened again and since Dresden, it has now done this to all of the routes that use the immersion settings

Does that clarify it a little clearer for you?

6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It does, but I can’t say that is happening for me on PS5. Pressing R3 always takes me to the immersion camera controls and now holding R3 and pressing the D-Pad cycles through the different camera options.

7. DTG Matt

Feel free to post it here so others can try and replicate your findings as well, thanks!

8. ianjpoole

ianjpoole Active Member

Not a problem, I have put them on YT as unlisted videos so anyone who wants to have a look can do so. The first action is to press the R3 button in each clip and the second is to hold it to see if classic works. I've done the three Rush Hour routes and a couple of the "older" routes which use the "Immersion" so you can see it's not just limited to Rush Hour

But as I think matjamca just said, I think it might be local to some players but not all players

London Commuter scenario

Dresden scenario

Boston Sprinter scenario

Cathcart Circle scenario

Bakerloo scenario

9. DTG Matt

I'm still not 100% following based on the videos.

In the settings page, is it set to Classic or Immersion controls?
    Also in the settings page, what is the external camera set to be (Free, Head out or Follow) ?

Assuming it's set to Immersion, and the default of "head out", if you then simply "click" the right joystick, what happens?

You say "when you use the other settings" but i'm not sure what you mean by that. What would be really helpful is if you can go through settings page, confirm the above, and then show how it changes / misbehaves etc.

Sorry i'm having so much trouble understanding this one :)

10. ianjpoole

ianjpoole Active Member

No, no, don't be sorry Matt

So when you go into the settings on the main page i.e. when you choose the route you want to. It's set to immersion with the free immersion camera switch

When you go into the scenario you choose, it is still set to immersion camera and free camera switch

And now also, for some reason, it's fixed! Okay, colour me confused there

I know I had an update patch from Sony, not sure whether that had anything to do with it but it seems to have fixed itself

So problem solved?

11. DTG Matt

No probably not - please keep an eye out and see if it re-occurs, and if so, get me a vid with as much as possible. You aren't the first person to tell me about something like this, but i've never been able to fully understand or reproduce it.

• Like Like x 2
  12. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

TrainSim-Matt , I want to use the topic to indicate two things in the PS4 controls (Immersive) that I miss very much, Holding R3 on foot to get back to the cabin, and in the free camera you can accelerate, as the latter is only possible in the classic camera, it is possible to return the first option and add the accelerated free camera option?

• Like Like x 1