My First Impression Of London Commuter On Ps4 Pro

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by antwerpcentral, Oct 7, 2021.

1. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Not having the layers is really a bummer. It's so crowded with trains but it's always the same ones. I never done that route in real life but something is off by only seeing the same 2 trains on that busy route. But I can see how adding the layers will bring the PS4 to it's knees. I really hope they can free up as much memory as they can wherever they find it because at this moment I'm not convinced this is going to be my favourite route.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

At Victoria you would get three southern types and two Southeastern (466 and 465 are almost the same thing)
    Down towards Clapham you'd see all the SouthWestern stuff but the two routes never join up
    Wimbledon you get the trams
    East Croydon onwards you see the occasional 166 but nothing other than electrostars until you hit Brighton, so it literally is two types of train (all of which are similar outline shapes)
    At Brighton it's electrostars, 313, 166 / 158s (GWR) and an occasional special

• Like Like x 2
  3. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

Good morning, friend, I'll leave my first impressions here.

I'm thrilled to play this route, I'm simply in love with her, it's amazing, I want to play her since I played the game for the first time in East Costway, however I would punctuate some things.
    -377 There seems to be no problems.

-387 seems to be too silent inside the cabin, I hope it is anyway, but there is a very strange noise of wind, I recommend that you check it please.

- line as a whole: I am really impressed with the timetable presented, with more than 1k of services between the two standard locomotives, but I miss being able to drive in the PS4 the locomotives Class 375 and 166, TrainSim-Matt and DTG JD I would very much like to know if they will soon be released for the?

• Like Like x 1
  4. antwerpcentral

I understand what you mean. But playing it on PS4 looks different from the stream. Like not complete. I know it's just details but details do a lot to this game. Add more passengers, change their behaviour and you already have a different game. It's just not having the ability to add those details like the Southern trains that is a bit of a bummer.

5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

It would do, but then being there in real life is different to what's on PC too, mainly because there are missing assets
    I wouldn't WANT to play it on PS4 with just two locos... would seem like such a let down given I know what the route at Victoria is like (having been there many times)

• Like Like x 1
  6. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

I thought I would be disappointed with just the 2 units on PS4 but after an initial run to Reigate the route looks great to me and seeing numerous trains passing on the way even if they are the same model still makes the route more lively. I am hoping that DTG can do what they have done for Dresden and create a 2nd slimmed down timetable so we can include the other DLC units. I would be totally happy with that. Just hope they can get the PS5 issues sorted as so many were looking forward to this route. Didn’t think I would ever feel sorry for anyone on PS5 :( let’s hope DTG sort it quickly.

• Like Like x 8
  7. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

we can play the PS4 version on PS5 just fine. It’s the actual PS5 version that’s broken.

8. antwerpcentral

See how lucky you PS5 owners are that PS4 is supported? :D

• Like Like x 2
  9. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

Yes agreed but must be a step down from the enhanced PS5 version you should have got this morning.

10. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

Complementing my previous text, I want to inform you that the sound of the security systems is very low. Mostly I'm proud of DTG's work on this route, I hope they improve the highlights, the general Rush Hour issues, and especially the Dresden line.

• Like Like x 1
  11. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Also getting triggered by TPWS at Clapham and a couple of other stations.
    Will do a look later this afternoon.

Hentis