Brighton Mainline Where Do I Begin

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by antony.henley, Oct 7, 2021.

1. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

EDIT: Have now downloaded the update and it looks good, sounds good. Have found some missing textures, but currently enjoying.

Obviously a lot (hoping) the problems that I had in my stream last night will be rectified in the upcoming Day one patch thats due for the PS5 players. Hopefully that would include the TPWS triggers as well as I believe I was caught out twice by TPWS, either that or i didnt hear the DVD go off as I was busy outside the cab.

One of the things that did grab me (and it was in Matts stream last night) was the grey "networker" type unit sticking its nose out of the Thameslink Sheds at Three Bridges (downline).

[​IMG]

Also the fps going down to 5fps around East Croydon (which nearly left my PS5 crying in pain. Which I think is something to do with loading in of the buildings in the surrounding areas around Croydon. No Gates at Reigate level crossing, also its a block of flats for the station. Theres always a floaty cars around the place.*

The biggest problem though is not The BML but this 64 gig limit for DLC that Sony has introduced. Just to fit one route on I had to delete another three routes. LGV, Oakville Sub and Arosa Line. That's already removing Clinchfield, Cane Creek, Penn Corridor (and the associated route DLC). Im going to have a look later to see how much size in DLC I have for TSW on the PS5. The only other US routes I have is LIRR, SPG and the Boston routes. After that its the german routes that get removed but I dont want to as the layers and subbing in of locos from the other German DLC. Its not been a good week to a degree for DTG (mostly not their fault) but its certainly not helping the PS5 fan base of TSW2.

So overall the route from Matts stream on the PC I saw last night is awesome. The timetable mode is excellent, I dont have a problem with that especially with the added fact of the 166 at Brighton on AI services. but its the current "old" dev route that we got for the PS5 that is a real let down. Hopefully when the new version is updated / loaded then my view will change.

*The new Day one patch may put a helping hand in sorting this lot out but some of it wont.

Heres Hoping

Hentis

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Ohhhh good spot at the thameslink sheds, might take a stroll later. Fix is live now so go fill ya boots Hentis :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. antony.henley

cheers Noticed a whole lot of missing textures DTG JD DTG Natster about 2.5 miles south of Hassocks

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. StokesJH

StokesJH Active Member

After installing the DLC and the patch, I couldn’t find London Commuter in the list of routes. Only when I remembered this PS5 64 Gb limit, I deleted some DLC and was able to see London Commuter. I hope a solution will be available soon. Having to delete DLCs after buying a new DLC in order to stay within the limit is not good practice. For me, this means that I will not buy new routes anymore until this issue is solved.

• Like Like x 2
  5. antony.henley

Completely agree there.

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  6. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Thanks for flagging. We'll pass on! Glad you're enjoying the (updated) build.

• Like Like x 1
  7. antony.henley

DTG JD

You might want to remove this one as well from Selhurst also.

[​IMG]

Goes to check Stewarts Lane (wonder if I will find some Class 73's or Class 442's there.

regards

hentis

• Like Like x 3
  8. antony.henley

Still finding a few errors on the route. Streatham Common you fall through the platform, on the up slow (cant remember the platform number) then literally next station heading for Victoria I got off the train to pick up a collectable and the game crashed. Have submitted a report to Sony as per standard. Not that they will do much about it.

Hentis

• Like Like x 1