Running A Ghost Train Gx 1m23 - Brighton Commuter

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by redrev1917, Oct 7, 2021.

1. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

After finally downloading and installing I decided to take a rushhour service from Brighton to London so opted for 1M23 07:42 GX service.

On arrival into Gatwick Airport (6 minutes early!!) I thought Id go for a walk through the coaches.

There were zero passengers on board, none, zilch nothing. Took a step out on to the platform and I counted a whole 5 passengers on the platform waiting to board, but did they want my service? Well I waiting until my slot to leave at just past 8am and clearly not as not one of them boarded.

Also in those 6 minutes I dont think a single service departed or arrived into Gatwick Station. I did count 5 airplanes landing which was nice.

Im assuming the lack of passengers isnt by design? Also the early arrival and lack of other services seemed a little extreme also although admittedly I dont own any other DLC which layers into Brighton Commuter which may account for this perhaps.

All in all first impressions arent great if I am honest from an immersion perspective, although the route up to Gatwick did look very nice and ran far smoother for me than the other rush hour routes. Maybe I was just unlucky with my choice of service so wont judge too early

2. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

The passengers are apparently as part of optimisation work onging, so yes there's less passengers than there should be - I also did that service and everyone got off at Gatwick, although I did see a 377 come in and leave in the dwell time. The timetable is incredible relaxed - I think this is due to gaps to allow for a possible Thameslink Class 700 DLC, which would fill those gaps.

EDIT: I actually did the 0752, but my point still stands.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 1