London Brighton Timetable Feedback Request

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DTG Matt, Oct 7, 2021.

1. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Hi,

There are a large number of posts reporting various issues with service mode on London Brighton and i'd like to try and bring those into one place and ensure all the data is collected so that we can investigate and resolve them as rapidly as possible.

This applies to all platforms, please state which platform you are using.

A report ideally will contain the loco selected, the weather, date, which service - and a brief description of what happened, what you expected, and roughly how far into the service. As much of this as you can in as concise a form as possible, will help me ensure we don't miss anything.

Could you use this template:

--------------------
    Platform: Epic / Steam / GamePass PC / PS4 / PS4Pro / PS5 / XB1 / XBX / XSS / XSX
    Loco / Cab:
    Weather Settings: [Default] or What you set specifically
    Date : [Month]
    Service Name / Time :
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : [mins, if known]
    Detail of Issue:
    How many other DLC do you have installed:
    Link to a video: [Super helpful if you have it, dont worry if not]
    --------------------

The more information the better, we're already looking through some reports but a lot don't have enough information. Please re-file your reports here and we'll get to them right away, once we have a good handle on issues we can then report back on a timeframe for fix (which we are aiming to be as quickly as possible).

I'm aware there are also other issues - and we're looking separately at other posts for those, again please put as much info as possible when you post, but for this post i'd like to specifically focus on timetable so that the devs have a single place to home in on and nail this as fast as possible.

Thank you for your help

Matt.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

3. TRB5991

TRB5991 New Member

Hey Matt, loving the route so far, great work by all the team! Sadly hit one issue so far

Platform:Steam
    Loco / Cab: Class 387 - 12 Car
    Weather Settings: Default, what it was set with
    Date : July
    Service Name / Time : 1W30
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : Right at the end of the service, final objective.
    Detail of Issue: Pulled into Brighton and opened the doors, game crashed to desktop as they opened. No mods installed. Service was loaded from Journey mode, chapter 1, second service on the list.
    DLC: All 3 Rush Hour / SEHS/ Class 465

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 11
  4. Mr Lutz

Mr Lutz New Member

(this is not me, this is the issue my brother had and what he told me)
    Xbox One
    GX 12 Car
    sunny August Morning at around 08:41
    Played for about 1 minute before memory loss
    Just pulled out of Victoria and lost memory. The frame rate was very, very low both at Victoria and driving. It took a few minutes for the textures to load, never been like that. He also mentioned that there is way to many PIS destinations, it took him ages to find Brighton. When he scrolled through he mentioned that it was difficult to read. That's what he has told me. He is young so dont hate on him)
    Note - If i get issues on series X ill post below this:

5. Javelin

Javelin Well-Known Member

Xbox Series S, keep getting memory crashes at Victoria.

• Like Like x 1
  6. taylorharkness

taylorharkness New Member

Hey matt
    Sorry but I am dyslexic so I will say this the best to explain

I on ps4 and when I load the game it frezzes be4 the game starts also I dnt have my layers but I am enjoying the game atm

Please can u reply in a simple way

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

I sometimes have to ride as a passenger due to Fibromyalgia making even using a mouse for any length of time painful. So far I've tried several timetable services in the 377/387s and none will lapse into passenger mode like I remember TSW doing. Before I submit it as a fault, I wanted to post here in case I've missed something really obvious or it's already a known issue.

• Like Like x 1
  8. brfan#9132

brfan#9132 Active Member

Hey Matt the horns sound a bit weird on the Outside I will make sure to upload a clip

• Like Like x 1
  9. ihwar2000

ihwar2000 New Member

+1

10. Ensor42

Ensor42 Well-Known Member

Platform: XB1S
    Loco / Cab: Class 387
    Weather Settings: Custom - light cloud then a bit more cloud cover and wind strength
    Date : [Month] October
    Service Name / Time :1U97 Gatwick to London Victoria at 17:20
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : Around 30 minutes on approach to London Victoria
    Detail of Issue: Out of memory error about 1 to 2 miles from London Victoria crashing to dashboard. Was expecting problems, so saved often. Restarted game and continued from save just before the crash - then was able to complete the service.
    All DLCs installed.

11. brfan#9132

brfan#9132 Active Member

Hey Matt there is this bug where when the services spawns in but it freezes then plays the services

• Like Like x 1
  12. seatsea

seatsea Active Member

Platform: PC AMD 5700XT GPU (other people with the same GPU architecture seem to have this problem)
    Loco / Cab: 377
    Weather Settings: [Default]
    Service Name / Time : 1Y06 1A37 (potentially others, seems to be when departing victoria)
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : In the loading screen
    Detail of Issue: Game hangs on loading before crashing with "LowLevelFatalError [File:Unkown] [Line: 1214] GameThread timed out waiting for RenderThread after 120.00 Secs" Message. Other services load fine

13. jakeshortj#6259

jakeshortj#6259 New Member

Platform: PC NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
    Loco: 377 (also occurs with 387 on some timetabled services)
    Weather Settings: Default
    Service Name/Time: 1R11 08:00
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service: Roughly halfway, at East Croydon station but noticeable from Purley
    Details of Issue: Trains getting stuck nose to tail causing significant delays to following services. (See images below)

20211007211248_1.jpg 20211007211252_1.jpg 20211007211255_1.jpg 20211007211304_1.jpg 20211007211309_1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. jakeshortj#6259

jakeshortj#6259 New Member

As an aside I did raise this same issue with Boston Sprinter but got ignored...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

Had exactly the same issue at the same place and time. Running on my desktop which has an Intel i9 9900 and the video board is nVidia 3070.

16. JimbobQ

JimbobQ Member

Platform: Steam - PC
    Loco / Cab: Class 387
    Weather Settings: [Default] or What you set specifically: Custom -> Maximum cloud layer
    Date : October
    Service Name / Time : Any service from 1700 - 1811 - I used 1W92 London Victoria - Brighton
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : [mins, if known] Start till arriving at Haywards Heath.
    Detail of Issue: Station/enviromental lights are not on till about 20-30 mins after darkness.
    Link to a video: [Super helpful if you have it, dont worry if not] Pictures attached.

Attached Files:

17. bholloway519

bholloway519 New Member

Hi Matt I’m on Ps5 played the route all day today and didn’t have to many issues did notice a few scenery glitches but didn’t stop gameplay the only crash I had today after the update was the with the 387 on one of the sceinoro the one where the quwary line are LOVE and we get out on the slow line and it crashed as I switch over the the slow line just after each Croydon normal time and default weather on the whole I’m really impressed with the route and once the issues are fix it’s going to be a awesome route

18. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

Platform: Steam
    Loco / Cab: None
    Weather Settings: Default
    Date: [Month] October
    Service Name / Time: Spawn in walking at 10:35 at Redhill
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service: 35 Minutes in
    Detail of Issue: Spawned in walking at Redhill, took the 10:43 166 service to Gatwick, changed to a Southern service to Brighton which departed Gatwick at 10:58, tried to get off the train at walk around Burgess Hill at around 11:15 and the game subsequently crashed.

19. bholloway519

bholloway519 New Member

I will have a good play with route tomorrow and post any issue I get if I have any

20. patriotpal#5053

patriotpal#5053 New Member

Platform: Ps4
    DLC downloaded: BML, NEC, N Dresden, ECW, PEN, LIRR, MSB, GWR, SEHS, NTP, BR Heavy Freight.
    Loco: class 387/2
    Weather: default
    Date: 14 July 2019
    Service name: 1M03
    Issue occurred: running towards London Victoria, stuck outside Wandsworth Common. Trains signal to signal into London Victoria. Looks like a train stuck at junction coming out of Victoria. IMG_20211007_213618.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  21. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

No layers for PS4

22. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

For those of you on console, it would also be helpful if you can note roughly how many DLC you have installed so that I can see if this might be influencing anything (or rule it out).

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  23. Romuald91

Romuald91 New Member

So I explain that all trains are blocked from the eastern croydon, whether at the front or rear and even on my tracks, on the 1R09 Reigate & London victoria road, no trains advance and the lights are red on most tracks, and other green ones so that the trains do not advance

Attached Files:

24. hoagy

hoagy Member

Platform:Steam on PC
    Loco / Cab: Class 387 GatEx - 12 Car
    Date : Today
    Service Name / Time : First scenario after the noddy training thing
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : Right at the end of the service, final objective.
    Detail of Issue: Pulled into Brighton and opened the doors, game crashed to desktop as they opened. No mods installed.

Tried it twice, it's done the same both times

No progress from the run is saved.

PC is an AMD 5900X with 3080 graphics card. 32GB RAM. Windows 10. Control via keyboard and via PS5 controller.

• Like Like x 1
  25. phildenty

phildenty Member

Hi Matt

Platform
    PS4
    Service / Scenario Fast Lane

After entering Croydon and stopping you open the doors but you can't do anything else you get the message "Apply Power" and the message stays there,

I hope that i have given you all the details you need (Edit I own every DLX)

26. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Someone posted this in technical feedback, apparently when you save before opening the doors and reload, you can finish the scenario. The crash happens the exact moment a passenger touches the doors.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  27. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Just a general observation that of the two services I've run so far, the timings seem very slack. Arrived 6' early into Brighton on a GX run from Victoria and now approaching Redhill 4' early with a Turbo. This does have the potential to make things not work quite as they should and introduce standoffs. etc.

28. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

General Observation - Very slack timetable at the southern end in both directions, not yet done a full run North as I terminated at Gatwick due to time constraints.I'm hoping this is intended and that we have a hidden layer which would slow us down reserved for a DLC trainset.

Not had any issues with stuck signals or blocked paths as of yet but have just done a handful of service mode runs
    (PC Steam)

29. Sheldon1000

Sheldon1000 Well-Known Member

Just had a complete game crash doing a timetable service.

PS5
    CLASS 377
    SERVICE 2007 Milton Keynes to East Croydon 08.34
    October/light rain
    In total I have 18 routes on TSW2 that I can choose from as deleted 3 dlc before I installed this route.

Crashed literally as I was around 400 yards from first station after starting. Booted me out to my PS5 menu. Error report sent to Sony. I'm going to stop playing until this mess has been patched.

30. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

Wow. My game (PS5) crashed simply by trying to load the route introduction.

I've done a full run from Brighton to Victoria in the 387 now, and there weren't any major issues. I WAS doing a run from Victoria to Reigate in the 377 but got distracted looking at Selhurst depot and got a SPAD... Oops!

The route seems to be playable. I just got unlucky with that first service, wish I could remember the headcode, but I can tell you it was a Brighton to Victoria service with the 387, clear October weather at around 10am (not 100% sure of the time), and it crashed shortly after passing through East Croydon.

I haven't encountered any problems with signalling, I've been held outside both Victoria and Clapham Junction but both were for valid reasons and I was given the road in a couple of minutes.

The main problem is the performance, which fluctuates greatly when in suburban London. It's worst at Victoria but it can also get pretty bad at East Croydon. The rest of the route is pretty smooth, especially between Brighton and Gatwick, which runs at a very clean 60fps for the majority of the run. I do need to run more services though.

31. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The timetable, according to Joethefish is accurate based on real life. However, there is space to add theoretical Thameslink services, which Joe indicated might be the reason some services have better than expected arrival times. If the Thameslink services are added, there’ll be more traffic, more adverse signals etc.

• Like Like x 2
  32. Tahar_bej

Tahar_bej Member

I have the same problem. I have AMD graphic card and cpu

33. Sheldon1000

Sheldon1000 Well-Known Member

I'll sum it up.

PS5
    Timetable services = Game Crash

• Like Like x 2
  34. Jasonic

Jasonic Member

Don’t forget the timetable is missing Thameslink services so you will find you are getting a clear run when generally you wouldn’t of.

• Like Like x 3
  35. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

Xbox Series S - Build 185

9:05am class 377/4 -
    Reigate to London Victoria service.

Example: It crashed on me with no explanation just outside of Clapham Junction.
    DLC:
    I have Class 66(GWE&ECW)/East Coast way/SEHS/465/GWE/WSR (09) - Should be all required DLC

Hope this helps. Hope we can get this sorted, it's a fantastic route DLC...

36. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

While I'm yet to experience a crash (xbox series s ) I've seen alot of crash happening on the first journey mode service for 387 - service 1W30 I'd stay clear of that on for now

37. JimbobQ

JimbobQ Member

Platform: Steam - PC
    Loco / Cab: Class 387/377
    Weather Settings: [Default] or What you set specifically: Any condition
    Service Name / Time : Any service in the UP Fast Direction towards East Croydon in the South Croydon area.
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : [mins, if known] Every UP Fast Service.
    Detail of Issue: Tree branches overlapping the UP Fast line.
    Link to a video: [Super helpful if you have it, dont worry if not] Pictures attached.

Attached Files:

38. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Platform: PS5
    Loco / Cab: Class 166
    Weather Settings: Cloud
    Service Name / Time : 2V81
    Detail of Issue: Service stopped outside of Redhill by red light at around 2324. There's a service on platform 2 going to Reading at 2319 however says expected 2322. Not moving, doors open with green light.
    How many other DLC do you have installed:
    GWE, SEHS, class 465, ECW, NTP, WSR

39. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

Do not mix them up, my report was for 1W30, not for 1M03!

40. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

Xbox Series S - Build 185

10:41am class 387 -
    Gatwick Airport - London Victoria service.

Example: It crashed on me with no explanation, 3.3 miles away from London Victoria (there was no error, it just shut down TSW2 and returned me to the Xbox home screen.

DLC purchased:
    I have Class 66(GWE&ECW)/East Coast way/SEHS/465/GWE/WSR (09) - Should be all required DLC for extra layers.

Hope this helps.

41. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

Platform Ps5 service 1W30 0841 class 387 timetable mode weather clear October crash at the very end at Brighton platform 3 when opening doors I've got all dlcs apart from cane creek some are delated due to cap on Ps5

42. bagotmatt

bagotmatt New Member

I can confirm the issues with 1M03 and the CTD when opening the doors upon arriving at London Victoria. My processor is an Intel i5-9600k, 32GB Ram, NVIDIA RTX 2060 Super.

43. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

Issue: Task unable to be completed

Platform: PlayStation 4 Slim
    Loco/Cab: Southern Class 377
    Weather Settings: Light Clouds
    Date: October
    Service Name: 1A06 , London Victoria to Brighton , ~ 8:25 A.M.
    Number of DLC's installed: 8+, including GWE, SEHS, Class 465, and ECW. However these layers were not active.
    Detail of Issue: This service runs normally throughout its entire journey, however upon arrival into Brighton Station, the Unload Task seems to be stuck. The load/progress circle icon appears full and green in color, however even after waiting for 5 minutes I was never instructed to close the doors or to end the service. I suspect there might have been a stuck passenger somewhere, but the entire train appeared to be empty. Closing and reopening the doors had no effect. I had to manually quit out of the service without completion.

44. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

Platform: Steam / GamePass PC : Nvidia Geforce GTX 760
    Loco / Cab: Class 387/2
    Date : [Month] {Default}
    Service Name / Time : 1M03 Brighton to London Victoria
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : [mins, if known] Everyone once in a while
    Detail of Issue: So Basically the train propulsion sound and audio keeps on cutting in and out once in a while, every few miles later, no matter how fast the train goes, it basically keeps on cutting in and out, for the train sound, I thought that it happens in the tunnel, but it's not the case. Can you please ask the team to look into this? PS This also is happening on the other train as well, the Green Train which I don't know which class is it. This just kinda kills the experience of being on the train itself. Please fix this asap, thank you
    How many other DLC do you have installed: All of the Rush Hour 6 other routes
    Link to a video: [Super helpful if you have it, don't worry if not] Unfortunately I don't know how to capture the sound audio, can someone please tell me how to do this? Thanks.

45. acela2163

acela2163 Well-Known Member

Platform: PC (Steam)
    Train: Class 387/2
    Weather Settings: [Journey]
    Date: [Journey]
    Service: 1W30 London Victoria to Brighton
    Detail: Game Crash at the very end of service, after opening the doors at Brighton platform 3. Loading meter was about halfway through when the game stuttered, froze, and then crashed to the desktop with the Unreal Crash reporter popping up. Clicked the option to send the report, not sure how helpful those are.
    DLC: Rush Hour + All layering DLC

46. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

Platform: Epic / Steam / GamePass PC- NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760
    Loco / Cab: 387/2 Gatwick Express, and Class 377/4 Brighton Green Train HEADLIGHT ILLUMINATED Wrong side, and Color of headlight on the lower bottom left is suppose to be BLUE, or something in between.
    Weather Settings: [Default] or What you set specifically
    Date : [Month]- Default
    Service Name / Time : ANY
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : [mins, if known] As soon as you turn on the headlight
    Detail of Issue: I believe that the Headlight is position wrong, where it is illuminated because as you can see from this photo the headlight is facing or illuminating toward the right side of the train and not correctly. Should the headlight be facing forward to see the object in front of you?
    How many other DLC do you have installed: 9
    Link to Photo: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2622296608

Daytime running corner headlight and top center headlight COLOR Wrong: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2622315520 (PLEASE Refers to Posted Video)
    Maker Headlight Not Lighting up or illuminating:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2622314393
    (PLEASE Refers to Posted Video)
    Nighttime running corner Headlight and Top Center Headlight COLOR Wrong:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2622316613
    (PLEASE Refers to Posted Video)

LINK to Youtube video for Correct Headlight Positioning and (COLOR) in Real World:
    Timestamp of video: 2:01
    2:56
    3:31
    4:13

As you can see from the video the bottom headlight color and top middle headlight color is not supposed to be white or grey out, it supposes to be somewhat blueish color.

47. wcwood92

wcwood92 Well-Known Member

Loco / Cab: Class 377
    Weather Settings: Light Clouds
    Date : I think I just went with October
    Service Name / Time : 1R14 London Victoria to Reigate
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : On approach to Reigate just after switching onto the branch line.
    Detail of Issue: Second signal back from Reigate was double yellow. It did not trip the AWS alarm. The system appeared to work because the sunflower cleared as if it wanted an acknowledgement, and then I got brake demand. It just didn't make the sound.
    AWS worked perfectly on all other signals along this service. I play with no HUD so I was paying attention :D
    How many other DLC do you have installed: I have every layer except the shunter parked at Brighton (West Somerset I believe)

By the way, approaching East Croydon is awesome. So far I'm loving it!

48. peter.shaw

peter.shaw New Member

This happened to me on the same service on PC. I left it waiting to see what wpild happen and at 9.32 which is the scheduled arrival time the service finished properly.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  49. sgtBatou

sgtBatou New Member

Platform: PS5
    Loco / Cab: Class 387 - 12 Car
    Date : Default from Journey Mode
    Service Name / Time : 1W30 (Journey mode, chapter 1)
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : 57 mins (ish) - End of service final objective.
    Detail of Issue: 1st journey of chapter 1 after Class 387 training in journey mode. Once stopped at Brighton and opening doors for the final task, the game crashed to the PS5 report error screen once passengers started to enter the train.
    How many other DLC do you have installed: BR Heavy Freight, Diesel Legends, East Coastway, GWE, NTP, Cathcart, SEHS, Class 465 (other DLC uninstalled due to PS5 issue)

Further issues: London Victoria FPS is terribly low, only increasing to acceptable levels after passing the majority of the track junctions at Victoria. AWS Alert & DVD Alert are very quiet. I missed one DVD alert as it made no sound and I try not to play from the hud. Morpeth boards do not seem to have AWS ramps associated with them, is this correct?

50. Doshjosh

Doshjosh New Member

Date : October but any date
    Service Name / Time : went with 8:30 but anytime its there
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : any
    Detail of Issue: The platform 16 at Clapham Junction has got missing textures and you can see the ground below the platform
    How many other DLC do you have installed: East coastway, gw express, southeastern high speed and London commuter.
    Link to a video: