Brighton-victoria Possible Aws Issue

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by LCYCowboy, Oct 7, 2021.

1. LCYCowboy

LCYCowboy Member

I just tried a run in the 377 from Brighton to London, and the AWS was very buggy.

I first noticed that I wasn't always getting the ping when approaching a green signal. But I then also started randomly not getting getting the alert tone when approaching a distant signal at caution.

Some worked, others did not. It ended with an emergency braking near Victoria because I overlooked a magnet (there was no caution sound) and got stopped.

Anyone else noticing this?

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

I've noticed the AWS sometime fails to sound too. I hear the click of the sunflower changing but no horn sound.

There also seems to be a gap every so often in the cab window wind loop sound. Is the audio engine fighting for sound channels? I've never seen the AWS problem before now.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. mibl61

mibl61 New Member

No, not so far. The AWS works as expected for me.

4. markhazeldine

markhazeldine Well-Known Member

I'm not getting any AWS sounds either. Nothing in the 377 or 387. It does no self test, no bing/ding sounds for green lights and no alerts for yellow or red lights approaching. I do here the DSD though, and I do have the alerts enabled.

5. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

Have watched several streams now also and even Matt ok stream has fell victim and stopped because couldn’t hear any AWS tone. Not sure if its random or in particular areas but is clearly a bug and hopefully identified and rectified soon

• Like Like x 2
  6. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

It happened to me multiple times and I saw the same on stream as well, i hope it's just a "simple" audio issue

7. GuitarMan

GuitarMan Well-Known Member

I think in my case i've always heard it - but it is very very soft in the mix compared to what im used to - its easy to miss over the other noises... I'm sure the AWS alarm cannot be that quiet prototypically.

8. Ello_bobbie

Ello_bobbie New Member

I’ve noticed it. 95% of the time it works fine, but it misses the audio for the odd alert tone.

9. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

It has to be train related rather than route related. As a test I've tried the BML 377 on ECW and it's losing AWS audio in places there too.

10. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

On the last run I did (378 GX) I was approaching yellows whilst coming into Victoria and AWS wanted me to acknowledge but made no alarm sound.

11. lcyrrjp

lcyrrjp Well-Known Member

Yes, I have the same experience. I’ve found that normally I hear the click of the sunflower so know to acknowledge, but if it’s raining then the sound of the rain drowns out the click and I get brake applications. I’ll keep the rain switched off until they fix it - hopefully that will be soon.

12. slipperybee

slipperybee New Member

Yup. Same experience. Various yellows in the Fast Track scenario were missing the AWS ping and triggered the emergency brake.