Meanwhile …

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by goochdog#5870, Oct 8, 2021.

1. goochdog#5870

goochdog#5870 Well-Known Member

I still can’t play Dresden on my PS4 , which I paid for, because it crashes and that’s without mentioning the lack of BR 101 on there , which I bought especially for that and the on going issues with Boston safety features and speedometer (I have hardly touched it because I read about these problems so I’m not up to scratch with them but I know they have been reported. It’s one thing that issues with third party developers are not being fixed but with DTG this is their game
    These should have been fixed by now . It could be argued that they should have been fixed before London Commuter came out .
    I’m worried that with all the new troubles with the latest RH , that these will be forgotten

Edit
    And I’m sure I’m not the only one who still cannot access the new branch line on Dresden

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

Have you removed & reinstalled? Have you tried rebuilding the database?

3. goochdog#5870

I have 22 add ons . To uninstall and reinstall would take ages and I would have to leave out the 101 which I have paid for

• Like Like x 1
  4. goochdog#5870

So it looks like I am going to have to uninstall and reinstall everything except BR 101
    God knows how long that will take . Wonder if DTG will give me a refund for the 101 , which is my favourite loco? :|

• Like Like x 1
  5. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Is your broad band fast or adequate, I have a PS5 with all the DLC and to get Dresden and BML to show up I have to delete all the US routes apart from LIRR, Boston and SPG, Deleted LGV and Arosa as well as Oakville, should I expect a refund for that as well. Why dont you just install what you can except the 101 live with out it for a few weeks and play what you have got. This is what I have to do. I'm not happy about it but I have other issues in my life thats far more important than this at the moment So I just get on and cope with it the best way I can. Yes is a pile of pooh but thats just how it is at the mo.

Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  6. goochdog#5870

Mate, I have massive health issues that are far far far more important than this . To the extent that I’m not actually awake a lot of the time . By your logic , no one who has issues bigger than this “game” should complain and I take offence at that kind of tone , I’m an unwell person My issue is that none of this is mess iright and that I should not have to uninstall and reinstall stuff I have paid for and that DTG should sort this mess out and not forget about these issues that I and others have mentioned.

• Like Like x 1
  7. goochdog#5870

Also I can live with this if this all gets sorted , which is what my original post is about

8. goochdog#5870

9. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

You can only play Dresden if you uninstall the BR101/ I had the same thing.

I don't know why they don't take out the BR101 out of Dresden as it is probably wasting memory anyway

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

I deleted the entire game and reinstalled all DLC just before the Dresden route was released. It was one of the troubleshooting steps players took after the core update broke the Playstation version a few weeks ago.

Dresden worked fine until I purchased the BR 101 in the recent PS Store sale. Then the train doesn’t show up in the Dresden timetable and every session on the route crashes the game to desktop while on the loading screen. Same story for many players. This is a serious problem and DTG hasn’t responded to it.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Yes, a lot of us have tried this.
    Nat did respond to one of the threads to acknowledge it was being looked at. No sign of a fix though. I hope they don’t remove it, it’s my favourite loco and I only bought it on PlayStation for Riesa Dresden.

• Like Like x 1
  12. goochdog#5870

The strange thing for me was that I downloaded the 101 the day after Dresden was released and although it was not present on Dresden I could still play Dresden without any problems until the last update .

• Like Like x 1
  13. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

Why should anyone have to go to all that bother? I wouldn’t know how to! I’m no techie. If you buy a game or DLC it should work. Major bugs should be squished before release, and minor ones with updates. Nobody should be needing to remove, reinstall or rebuild databases.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Tigert1966

I‘‘m sure it worked fine for a couple of days for me as well. But to be honest I can’t remember exactly when it stopped.

One fairly common thing is from those of us reporting it in these forums, most of us seem to have bought the 101 after Riesa Dresden was released, so I wonder if that is a factor.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

That’s definitely weird. BR 101 broke the route for me immediately, on the previous version.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. Tigert1966

For me it was working when I first installed it. With the workaround I put in the Tech Reports (PS5 only). I can temporarily get it back and working. But as soon as I switch offf or change games, it breaks.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Excellent post. Sums up the entire problem in a nutshell.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Tigert1966

Absolutely true. But if it’s going to solve the problem, and I know how to do it I‘ll try it. (And did, but it didn’t work)

What I do object to was DTG initially telling me to contact Sony to ask for a manual licence flush (which Sony ignored for 2 weeks and then said ‚No‘). If that is needed DTG should be passing on what needs to be done to Sony. I suspect this is anyway not the solution.