PC Lbn - 1w30 London Victoria To Brighton - Crash While Opening Doors

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by sequencer2k16, Oct 7, 2021.

1. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

I noticed that this bug is caused by the passengers. As soon as you open the doors and the passengers on the platform touch the 387, the service crashes and you have driven for an hour for nothing.

On the second try I had an idea, stopped at the station with the 387 and saved. I got off and opened only the first doors manually but as soon as the passengers touched the 387, the service crashed again.

After that I loaded the savegame with the already arrived 387 and suddenly there were no more passengers on the platform. When I opened the doors this time, the service did not crash and the boarding process went through normally without passengers. After the circle was complete it turned green as expected and the service could be completed without any problems.

It does not matter whether only the first doors are opened manually or all doors are opened by door control.

My personal conclusion: It has nothing to do with the opening of the doors themselves, but definitely with the passengers and / or the boarding process.

20211007192908_1.jpg 20211007192241_1.jpg

By the way, the medal is not displayed because of the save, but I got it anyway.

• Like Like x 15
  2. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

in service 1M03 Brighton - London Victoria When proceeding with a journey back to London Victoria, there is a train that does not move when leaving this station, locking all 12 trains in front of me, including mine, generating a red signal with a cascade effect, it is an effect similar to the that I reported to JD in Dresden, but this one I opened and closed doors and the train remains immobile, that is, I was unable to complete the journey.

3. frank351981

frank351981 Active Member

I had a crash too. First journey after tutorial: After arriving in Brighton and finishing - CTD, steam has an UE4 Crash window opened with crash report sending option. Strange thing there was something with Epic Games written too but I have the steam version? (I should have done a screenshot)

EDIT: second try, same error
    UE4Crash.jpg

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  4. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Same issue here. Does not bode well if the first two journey services are malfunctioning, sicne these will be the ones mosst likely to be played.

I wonder if that is a journey issue or if the same applies when doing the service via timetable? Regarding both the broken journey services.

• Like Like x 3
  5. GoldenShuttle

GoldenShuttle New Member

Me too :(.
    First crash was quite early on about 20 miles before Gatwick.
    Second crash was as I hit the open doors having arrived early in Brighton and stopped smack on the target - gutted :(.

6. bosseye

bosseye Member

I've had this crash just too....first time TSW has ever crashed for me.

DTG, This is a copy of the crash log

LoginId:024108f8463cd90ca8fd61bc80315b7f
    EpicAccountId:

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0xffffffffffffffff

TS2Prototype_Win64_Shipping
    kernel3

• Like Like x 1
  7. pacificorca#1435

pacificorca#1435 Active Member

I think the Epic Games account is just a default thing in unreal engine since Epic are the developers of Unreal. But yeah I had the same thing happen on this mission, makes you wonder if anyone played the mission in testing.

8. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

9. sequencer2k16

I just ran 1M03 to reproduce your red signal, this service is a lot of fun, lots of double yellow, yellow and red.
    If you follow the speedlimits, you can even watch yellow signals turn back to double yellow,
    or double yellow turn back to green, just fantastic. I can really recommend it

I was not able to reproduce the red signal nor find any other issues, it was a pretty colorful but clean run from A to B.

20211008011249_1.jpg 20211008011323_1.jpg

10. caseyjones#7219

caseyjones#7219 New Member

11. caseyjones#7219

caseyjones#7219 New Member

Glad you got your Medal... 2 trips I didn't get my medal....Still crashing...

12. sequencer2k16

I don't care about the medal, take it as a gift from me. :)

1W30.PNG

My point was to find out why 1W30 crashes when opening the doors.

13. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

1W30 from Chapter 1 is crashing for me at Brighton station when opening the doors (same as everyone else here). I tried resuming the savegame but while it is loading it crashes with the UE error.

No issues opening the doors at Gatwick however. I would have preferred it crash there rather than right at the very end...a waste of 1hr driving :(

• Like Like x 3
  14. mclitke

I will try to test the same service in timetable mode and see if it crashes as well when reaching Brighton, later today when I get back from work.
    I could ignore the issue if it was a journey only problem, but otherwise, I am not eager to play a box of wonders to see which services randomly crash the game after 1 to 1 1/2 hours of playtime.

• Like Like x 1
  15. twright92

twright92 New Member

I am also getting this. My game crashed on the first London-Brighton run, immediately after releasing the doors on arrival at Brighton.

16. Hish

Hish New Member

+1

17. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Just had this crash at Brighton on 1W30. Quite P'd off being it's right at the end of the journey

• Like Like x 3
  18. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Mine crashed before I got to the Platform. Another GX 387 was on my platform, so I stopped at a red just outside the station. When I loaded the map to see what was going on, the game crashed. I was recording the session, but when the game crashed, the recording stopped and never saved for some reason. (PS5).

19. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Just re-tried this and saving prior to opening the doors at Brighton, and then reloading the saved game and it completes the journey. Thanks sequencer2k16 for the tips

• Like Like x 1
  20. sequencer2k16

mclitke save your time,

I just ran 1W30 again in timetable mode. The result without saving before opening the doors is the same,
    crash immediately after the passengers touch the 387.

Then I loaded the save game, could open the doors as in journey mode but the service was aborted by a SPAD warning after about 10 seconds even though I didn't move the train a millimeter.

I think this time it is due to signal T439 which shows yellow when entering Brighton and is located in the middle of the train when reaching the stop point. After loading the save game, T439 is red with a white shunting aspect.

T 439.jpg

Signal T439 did not cause any problems in journey mode after loading the save game, but in timetable mode this "trick" does not work and the service ends with a SPAD warning. I am aware that save games often mess up the signals, but I don't understand how journey mode and timetable mode can produce different issues in the same situation.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. zsolt_93

zsolt_93 Member

Just tried the same trick, saving before opening the doors. Opening the doors crashed the game as expected. Restart the game load the save open the doors.. 5 seconds pass.. boom SPAD. What the hell :|

upload_2021-10-8_18-31-40.png

As opposed to the poster above, I was running the service from Journey mode.

22. mclitke

Well thank you alot for saving me the trouble of doing the run...
    I guess it is fair to assume that this is an issue with all GX services from London to Brighton? Guess I won't touch these then. Glad to hear though that you were able to complete the northbound service without issues earlier, so I might opt in for that one if I wanna play GX.

23. sequencer2k16

1W30 has kept me busy for 2 days now but I am just driving another GX service (1W98) towards Brighton.
    I will let you know what happened as soon as I arrive. I am excited to see what surprise awaits me. :D

• Like Like x 1
  24. InhumanReactions

InhumanReactions New Member

I had the same issue with a timetable service into Brighton. Crashed as soon as I opened the door...

25. Jalio

Jalio Active Member

Confirmed same issue twice, once yesterday same thing today.

26. KaZu

KaZu New Member

I had the same issue as everyone in this thread. However, I uninstalled all my mods (except the ones for sky and rain) and I could complete the service without any problem!

27. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

I have experienced this issue and do not have any mods installed. Just went through my files to confirm this.

28. twright92

twright92 New Member

Yeah I also have a vanilla install (well other than official DLC), so I don't think it's mod related.

29. johnbirch#4603

johnbirch#4603 Active Member

I can confirm the same crash - twice. Arrived in Brighton about 2 minutes early and game crashed both times as I tried to open the doors. I saved the game on arrival the second time and when the saved game it did not crash - but there is also no-one on the platform, the passengers only start to appear when you open a door (any door, including the drivers door).

On completion I was not awarded a medal.

I am playing using a PC, if that helps

30. sequencer2k16

I think the same, 1W98 ends like 1W30, crash as soon as the passengers touch the 387.
    I also play Vanilla, except my HUD size reduced to 60% via engine.ini but that makes no difference, I have already tried.

31. johnbirch#4603

johnbirch#4603 Active Member

Not related to the a crash issue, but I noticed that the PID inside the train when stopped at Gatwick read "this train stops and Brighton and Brighton", rather than (presumably) "Brighton only".

32. GoldenShuttle

GoldenShuttle New Member

I was enable to complete the "Rerouted" scenario which is a Victoria to Brighton GX service without any problem. It terminates in a different platform - one to the left of 1W30.

I really enjoyed the scenario - plenty of other trains in action and a succession of double yellows in the second part of the route.
    I think the AWS is not 'pinging' in the wrong line working for the last stretch.

33. KaZu

KaZu New Member

Well I had a CTD in the middle of a run so I guess it indeed wasn't mod related...

34. Juan

Juan New Member

Hello.
    Same issue here.

Error TSW2 Brighton UE4.png

35. BlackPhoenix7

BlackPhoenix7 New Member

Exact same issue happened twice here. Didn't realize it to be passenger-related the first time since I happened to be turning off the headlights at the exact moment of game crash. I'm gonna try the saving solution and hope it works for me. Thanks for the insight!

36. champs7007

champs7007 Guest

Just had the very same issue with 1W32, arrived into Brighton, released the doors and CTD with the same error messages above.

37. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

Experienced the same issue but on the 0641 service from London Vic to Brighton. The crashed happened 5 seconds after opening the doors at Brighton.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  38. thundergaming11

To get the medal I think you've got to exit via main menu, not the pause menu. So save the game, go back to the main menu, then quit. Completing or saving a service then exiting to desktop from pause menu doesn't seem to actually save progress.

39. mlutzemann

mlutzemann New Member

40. thundergaming11

Doesn't seem to be service specific either. This person doesn't seem to have an issue with 1W30

41. sequencer2k16

Look closer, no one is boarding the 387, they all walk by. 1W30 just crashes as soon as passengers want to board. ;)

42. Glazier

Glazier Member

Same issue. 2 crashes on door opening, 1 SPAD and one PC restart. 4 hours spent for nothing, this service is cursed. :D

43. stefanhoks

stefanhoks New Member

Same issue here. I drove this route 3 times over, and it kept crashing after opening the doors at Brighton, blocking me from continuing the story mode. Grrrr

44. ajwilson1889

ajwilson1889 Active Member

I also noticed after Gatwick the train is completely empty so at Brighton ther are no passengers to disembark, not one single person on the whole train. Rush Hour????

45. michaelvie#9478

michaelvie#9478 New Member

Noticed the same. Completely empty on xbox

46. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

I replayed this service again just now and was able to successfully complete it with a gold medal and no crashes. I'm not too sure if this was hotfixed or I just got lucky.

The only thing I did differently was when opening the doors at Brighton, I switched to an external camera beforehand and opened them via the Tab menu

47. Hobbykraftfahrer

Hobbykraftfahrer New Member

I had the same crash after opening the doors in Brighton. I have no mods installed and no .ini-files tweaked.

48. thundergaming11

This does seem to be random. Completed another Vic to Brighton, passengers got on/off fine, no crash. No fix is out yet.

49. horchata

horchata New Member

same crash still occurring post update

50. GoldenShuttle

GoldenShuttle New Member

Tried again at the weekend. Saved the game while waiting at the red signal outside the station. Continued with the journey when the signal cleared. Stopped. Switched to camera 3. Opened doors. As per OP, as soon as the passengers get on board - <BANG>

Reloaded the saved game. Unfortunately I must have chosen the wrong time as although the blocking train left the station, the signal never cleared ...