Brighton Mainline: Another Feature Still To Come?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by RailFan97, Oct 8, 2021.

1. RailFan97

RailFan97 Active Member

In the first preview stream Joe was stopped from telling us what his favourite service was because it involved something that hadn't been talked about publicly. As far as I can tell we still don't know what that service is, and there doesn't appear to have been any changes to layers since that first stream. Any idea what it could be?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Thameslink

• Like Like x 2
  3. kt291076

kt291076 Active Member

Now that would be excellent especially for services South of Brighton if it's included on for my old xbox one which apparently can not handle extra layers. I enjoyed the class 166 and 375 when I had them for an hour yesterday.

• Like Like x 3
  4. RailFan97

RailFan97 Active Member

I hope so. Would be great to be able to drive a Class 700 up and down the route.

5. Trainmania100

I doubt they'll be releasing any more dlc upcoming because it's just going to get complainers from the last gen.
    With so much slack in the current timetable, Thameslink would be feasible I'd say

• Like Like x 1
  6. RailFan97

RailFan97 Active Member

South of Purley you do notice not having the Thameslink trains there. Feels a lot emptier than the actual route.

• Like Like x 2
  7. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Do you not think they could also introduce a freight dlc with something other then the class 66?

• Like Like x 1
  8. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

I think it will be a 313 Layer. We saw a picture in the WIP Shots. As for services I think they will be Like Empty stock moves from Brighton to various London Depots.

• Like Like x 2
  9. RailFan97

RailFan97 Active Member

That's probably more realistic. The 313 is technically only used for Brighton to Seaford on East Coastway so they must have a plan to get more use from it than just that.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

It also runs many services on the West Coastway lines. It also does occasional ECS runs north of Brighton.

• Like Like x 1
  11. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yeah I’m also thinking it will be a 313 ECS maintenance move, there’s already a few for the 377 broken down into parts, so it’ll most likely sub over that.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I still have a feeling Hove and the available part of the ECW line will come into play when the 313 releases. Matt said those areas have been added for AI, but they don’t usually put so much effort into off world areas. I could very well be barking up the wrong tree, but we have the one stop Reigate branch. Why not the one stop WCW and ECW branches?

• Like Like x 2
  13. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

I used UUE Unlocker and the free camera to explore Hove. Its not setup scenery wise and the signals are just marker boxes. So I dont think players will be using this area anytime soon.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. Trainmania100

313s do the Hove shuttles and terminate at at Hove, 377s terminate at Reigate, nothing terminates at London road so I wouldn't expect to see anything there myself. But maybe there could be a scenario, maybe a 313 fails and you have to drag it back to lovers walk or something

• Like Like x 3
  15. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

My thinking is that every existing layer on BML can be driven to one degree or another. We know the 313 can layer onto BML as it appeared in a screenshot. Therefore, it is reasonable to assume it can be driven on BML. But driven where? The 166 on the Reigate branch doesn’t terminate at Reigate, it goes on, off world to Reading. What is stopping the 313 terminating at Hove (then returning to Brighton) and what is stopping it from stopping at London Road en route to Seaford off world? Hove might not actually be modelled in BML (yet) because the actual modelling might be activated with the 313? Either that or the 313 won’t layer onto BML at all due to performance issues. Hove might have been removed last minute, but the track left in place for AI.

All conjecture on my part, but I think it’s quite logical.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2021
  16. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

Gotta be Thameslink type thing in my mind. The 313 does not operate anywhere on this line apart from AI services to West and East Coastway, which are not driveable (presumably). Dovetail do have the Thameslink License, as found in a File from the Original Epic Version on PC, along with other operators not in TSW including Avanti, First Great Western (Dynamic Lines Livery Trains exist in GWE, can be enabled with mods), Cross Country, Chiltern Railways, Merseyrail, among other operators outside the UK

• Like Like x 1
  17. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

Class 700 DLC would make sense with Thameslink depot at Three Bridges modelled. It could also be used on SEHS adding more variety to that route.

It's just a shame the London Commuter route wasn't developed in a year or two as in 2020 Network Rail held consultation on expanding capacity at Reigate. This involves extending one of the platforms to facilitate 12 car Thameslink trains, and providing an additional platform face for terminating Southern services.
    https://consultations.networkrail.co.uk/communications/reigate-station/

• Like Like x 2
  18. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

Didn’t they mention in a stream that you might see a HST from GWE somewhere on the route?

19. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

It's a 313 layer. They can't talk about it now because the 313 has not been "officially" announced yet.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Doomotron

Not really. They run on the East and West Coastway lines, so they'll likely be nothing more than AI services that are placed at Brighton to look pretty, and maybe a few in Lover's Walk depot.

21. kt291076

kt291076 Active Member

You may have a point.
    There is a GX ECS service from Hove Yard that I have just done but it started from the next station up from Brighton. Preston something. Can't remember properly.
    The map shows there is a train in what I'm guessing is Hove yard still.
    Don't forget the BML that we have been given was already delayed. The 313 has been moving down the road map every month so that may have been delayed to coincide with BML being released. I'm sure if Thameslink trains were going to be brought out this would have been well known by now.
    Like you though I'm just guessing.

• Like Like x 2
  22. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

It's highly likely that there will be a drivable 313 layer on BML once it releases. On a preview stream a week ago, Joe (the person who designed the timetable) said that there is a layer that was their favorite on BML and that it cannot be talked about yet. Unless there's some new loco DLC we don't know about that adds Thameslink services, the only explanation is that there is a special drivable 313 service layer from London to Brighton.

• Like Like x 1
  23. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

is this it at the depot? :cool:

upload_2021-10-9_11-41-12.png

• Like Like x 2
  24. Trainmania100

Yes the huge empty depot with siding access at three bridges.
    Shame Ardingly is implemented too with no services. Might walk it later

• Like Like x 1
  25. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

If this is legit, then great find :D Looks like a Networker to me. Looks nothing like a 313, 319, or 700 or any other train that runs. Maybe its an Old Gatwick Train?

• Like Like x 1
  26. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Ive run a few services (I'm on PC ) and it seems to sit there on each.

Screenshot (150).png

27. Doomotron

That's a placeholder Class 166 model. It's a glitch.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1