Bml Landing Aircraft At Gatwick

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by thomastl59374, Oct 8, 2021.

1. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

This isn't a major issue but it bugs me everytime I see it. I hope this is due to some sort of bug. 30a3dd8c-57a3-492c-8c53-145ac8570837.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

What exactly is the problem here?

3. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

The aircraft engines are far apart.

4. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Matt has explained in another thread regarding the BML aircraft that they had to do it that way due to licensing and complaints from a major aircraft manufacturer.

5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Really? Complaints from an aircraft manufacturer? Pretty much every plane in the world has the same basic shape. That surprises me.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Oh wow. Interesting.

8. thomastl59374

This is where licensing just gets silly, do you think (if this is the reality) that the legal team if a manufacturer just got bored and so took the time to make a fuss over a basic plane model in a train simulator. That's like a car manufacturer complaining because the cars have wheels on the chassis on so because of licensing issues they should be in the roof.

• Like Like x 3
  9. speedy2972

speedy2972 Active Member

So a car that looks like a car and a train that looks like a train don't need a licence and yet a plane (you know my logic) does need a licence?!?!?!?
    I can't wait to go to Heathrow and go "ohhhh BA you need to licence the plane and oh dear me Mr Emirates shouldn't have taken the concept of a plane from..." Has the world gone mad!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Doomotron

It's no more unbelievable than Polyphony Digital getting angry words for including the Lotus 97T F1 car in an unbranded state and it not being called a Lotus 97T.

They did it anyway, though.

• Like Like x 1
  11. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Which becomes a problem: now you get lawsuits from Boeing AND Airbus AND Bombardier AND Antonov......

• Like Like x 1
  12. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

You know Flightsim's trains look like garbage but I'm not complaining on those forums about it. I wouldn't expect the models to be great after all it is a flight sim.

Just the same here I don't expect the boats, cars or planes to look as realistic or detailed as it is a Train Simulator. So as long as the trains and the rails look good I don't really care.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Doomotron

I understand what your saying, but I think I'll have to respectfully disagree. In my experience playing FSX, you're too far up to see the trains in detail, so their low level of detail doesn't really matter. But in TSW, you're much closer to the rest of the world. You come very close to the cars, buses, planes and boats and therefore their low quality is jarring. I find that the cars in TSW, while much better than those in TS, stand out because of how bad they look - and I'm talking about the high quality cars, not the low-quality ones used as traffic on some routes. And some buildings, like lots of stations on SEHS, are ported from TS and look utterly terrible. I think that at least some effort is needed for scenery like this.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Do aircraft land according to a real life timetable or just randomly ?

15. thomastl59374

I think it is every so often, probably an animation on a loop.

16. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

From what I’ve seen it’s the same plane landing at a set interval.

17. Southern Driver

Southern Driver Active Member

And pretty much every plane in the world (that lands at Gatwick anyway) is made by one of two major aircraft manufacturers. You don’t want to do anything to get on the wrong side of their legal teams. So best to play it safe in my opinion.

18. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Let's see with boeing 737 Max issues and there boeing starliner issues a planes engines location in a train sim game should be low priority just like dtg testing there dlc is.