Ability To Make Timetables Or Scenarios With Timing Showing.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by greggryan2, Oct 7, 2021.

1. greggryan2

greggryan2 Active Member

Hi, It would be great if something was added to tsw 2 where the actual timings for when the train would reach the station estimated to as close as possible.

The reason is make scenarios where you want trains to start or pass at a certain point so to join a train heading into Glasgow parallel is long process to do.

There is no timings to show well at this time is estimated to reach that station or point.

Also, the issue with load and unload times not being in scenario designer. If I want a train to wait at a station for 3 mins or 50 secs I can't it's hard set in the code.

I feel very un happy how the community that can use Unreal Engine 4 and do in there spare time are limited to using the 2nd party scenario planner which misses even the basic of things that many people would love to do or want to do.

As Unreal Engine 4 & 5 I use both to make games In my spare time. The scenario creation side of things has been left and disregarded. Yes bringing to consoles is great but let's not forget creating scenarios as well as playing them can be as much fun yet again in the scenario creation side consoles have won and for that reason we have a 2nd party tool that is missing so much of the basic thing someone would want when making a scenario.

2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

We need at least the equivalent of the old MSTS Consist and Activity Editors. No more so than the forthcoming West Cornwall where I would want to accurately reflect HST and loco hauled services on the main line, even if not in the exact correct livery.

3. greggryan2

greggryan2 Active Member

Not equivalent. Those who can or know how to should be allowed to sign NDA if needs be access to the editor that is used in house so us as creators etc can make the scenarios the Timetables that would let us make the type of scenarios or timetables we want.

For example, I'm trying to make a scenario from Glas to Neilston and back to Glas but as I'm not using the scenario designer to do this but other means I've been halted in my tracks as the dispatcher seems to not be able to work out how to go from Neilston Plat 2 into the headshunt and back to Neilston Plat 1.

4. greggryan2

greggryan2 Active Member

This thing about well if scenarios are made that can't be played on Xbox or ps4/5 us, creators or programmers, C++ or Blueprint Scripting should not be held back because of it at all. That's what makes me not want to play TSW 2 if I'm honest because I can't just make the scenarios I wish to but instead limited SO MUCH by this 2nd party scenario designer even with Pathing mods etc there are still limits met because end of the day the Scenario Designer needs to be used regardless to make the actual Scenario cause this can't be done in editor cause again can't get access cause Consoles are seen as priority on well if they can't run scenarios made then we shouldn't let people make scenarios using the actual editor or cut down version.