West Cornwall Local Route Locomotive Add On Pack Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by A3fan, Oct 7, 2021.

1. A3fan

A3fan New Member

This thread is for the new route the West Cornwall Local which i have high hopes about becuase of it's western region setting. However I feel like it's missing some dieseil and steam locomotives that would make the route better. I have 3 dieseil locomotives that should be added to the route and i have a reason for picking them. Also they are ranked from what I really want to be added and what locos i think can wait. These locomotives are..

1 Br class 35 hymek: This one is a perfect one for the west cornwall local as it is mixed traffic allowing for multiple scenarios to be added also this route uses ballast trains which hyemks pulled across the western region. My final reason for wanting br class 35s are that they look brilliant for lots of routes and their are so many custom liveries people can make.

2 Br class 121 dmu bubble car: Perfect DMU for branchline and small line
    Passenger work. This loco is mostly great for trains going from penzance to turo or penzance to St Ives also it would stop them from using br class 101 dmus for nearly every british route.

3 br class 22 baby warship: very good mixed traffic enguine that looks good pulling industrial trains however yes it's mixed traffic but it i not good pulling passenger trains due to its apperance.

These are the locomotive I think should be added.

Please add your own suggestions on this thread and what you think about yours and other people's suggestions.

2. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

The Class 121 is a good choice as it would have been active on the route in the 1990s. As for the Class 35 Hymek and Class 22 Baby Warship, these would better suit WSR as they were not in BRs fleet at the time the route is set. There are 2 Class 35s on WSR, 7017 and 7018 which are owned by DEPG. As for the Class 22, no examples actually exist today but there is a charity project by Class 22 Society to build a replica from scratch which needs all the help it can find to complete the project.

3. A3fan

A3fan New Member

I know that the class 35 and 22 were used during the 60s and early 70s but with this route i think they can still work like what they did with diseil legends of the great western. The west Cornwall local route can be used for multiple eras it has a class 37 in it so you could make it set in the 1960s or 70s just by making a livery for the class 37.

• Like Like x 1
  4. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Seeing as it's set in the 1990s, I wouldn't mind seeing first generation DMUs in Reggie Rail livery, Maybe the occasional 158, But definitely a 47 and Mark II stock or HST, Both in Intercity livery.

• Like Like x 1
  5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Mk3 Sleeper since it runs London Paddington Reading Taunton Penzance night service.

• Like Like x 1
  6. A3fan

A3fan New Member

I know class 43 hsts were used on this route but i think it is a bit short for express/high speed trains this is also the same case for class 47. Also i feel like they should stop making locomotives taht they have already used as it would be great to have variety rolling stock and locos.