Blurred Wheels On Tsw2.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by nighthawkf360, Mar 7, 2021.

1. nighthawkf360

nighthawkf360 New Member

Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone able to help me with a glitch I'm experiencing on TSW2 on PS5.

I'm getting constant distortion around the wheels when in motion (see attached) which at its worst will blur out the wheels entirely.

This has been a constant issue for me across PS4, PS4 Pro and now on PS5 too. I get this issue on every locomotive and rolling stock, on every route and in any time/weather combination.

I'm not a PC gamer and I'd previously put it down to the power of the PS4/PS4 Pro but even with the bump in performance on a PS5 it's still a persistent issue.

These are the steps I've taken to attempt to rectify it;
    • Decreasing the resolution all of the way down to 720p.
    • Recalibrating HDR.
    • Disabled HDR.
    • Adjusting display safe area.
    • Tested on three different TVs.
    • Tested on a 50Hz and 100Hz display panel.
    None of the above steps have resolved the issue.

Does anybody have any suggestions or is this an issue with the game?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you in advance and stay safe everyone!

IMG_0894.jpeg IMG_0895.jpeg IMG_0896.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

It's normal. I think even the devs have said it's normal.
    Try turning off motion blur (you'll have to do this every time you start TSW2 though).

• Like Like x 3
  3. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

Yeah with unreal engine they can only do motion nlur linearly and not rotational though they did say in a stream once I think that they would love to work with epic to make rotational motion blur a thing on the unreal engine I believe

• Like Like x 2
  4. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

If you have a keyboard plugged into your console control+F2 and motion blur is gone for the length of your play session.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. nighthawkf360

nighthawkf360 New Member

Thank you all for your advice! I hadn't thought of turning off motion blur, I have now and the problem is solved. I was expecting it to be something far more complicated hence all of my troubleshooting. Thanks again!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Sorry for re-opening an old post, but it seemed like the most relevant way to post. Could this technique be used to get rid of the awful wheel blur issue on TSW2, and if not, what's preventing it? I tend to use outside view a lot and it seems crazy that some of the scenes I can capture are so realistic, but still being let down by the blocks of noise around any rotating elements.

https://docs.unrealengine.com/4.26/en-US/RenderingAndGraphics/Materials/HowTo/RadialMotionBlur/

7. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

UE can only fake radial blur on rotaitng object using phoney textures, so they look as though they are rotating when they are in fact static objects.
    TSW actually rotates the wheels and simulates them.
    The linear blur you see is computed and It’s the linear blur getting all het up when it encounters something truly rotating.

Any solution would have to be bespoke on dtg’s side as multiple versions of UE have ignored this issue completely. I’m sikently hoping dtg might do something about it alongside developent of steam because large driving wheels with motion blur as it is now will be… a pixel pancake to say the least.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

They‘ll have to come up with something. The only reason the Class 08/09 and Br 363 are fine is that they‘re low speed shunters. No matter what the first steam engine will be, sooner or later, a mainline express steam engine will come and radial motion blur will have to be solved for that.

• Like Like x 1