London Commuter Feedback (ps4)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by neil.pruden, Oct 7, 2021.

1. neil.pruden

neil.pruden New Member

Not sure if I’m doing something wrong, but have driven the train (Class 387) almost all the way to Brighton, and have been stuck at a red light for 25 minutes. Going off of the network map, there appears to be 3 trains in front of me. 2 are sat at red lights like myself and the 3rd is either stuck or not working at all as it has a green light but will not proceed into Brighton Station. Is anyone else experiencing this or is it just myself?

• Like Like x 4
  2. evolutionsound246

evolutionsound246 New Member

Same exact thing happening to me, going into London Victoria (PS4)

• Like Like x 3
  3. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

4. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

to a train parked at london victoria station that is blocking 12 trains in front of me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

if you are having any problems with services, please be sure to note the exact name of the service, along with as much other information as possible about the issue, when it occurred, werey ou running ahead/behind schedule, that will allow us to try and reproduce the issue and understand it better. A screenshot of the moment of the issue including the in-game clock and full hud would also be useful for us. Thanks!

• Like Like x 4
  6. niko558

niko558 Member

I’m only a few weeks into TSW2 and I’m so far impressed. I use a PS4 and there is a lot of negative press on hear about BML. I have plenty of DLC to drive so shall I buy now or wait for the niggles to be ironed out. I am a fan of UK content and BML looks good and I hope this gets fixed...

• Like Like x 2
  7. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

I am having sand issues on the Brighton mainline on the class 378 and also I cannot complete one of the scenarios 1m03

8. cmadonna1998

cmadonna1998 Active Member

As a PS4 user I say give it a pass for now and see if optimization issues get sorted out. Virtually unplayable for me in busy terminus stations. Mainline running is better, but the framerate and performance is not up to the standard of other routes.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  9. tcmikaelsouza

TrainSim-Matt the service I had problems with is 1M03 Brighton - London Victoria, third round of chapter 1.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. neil.pruden

neil.pruden New Member

Service 1W30 - London Victoria - Brighton (08:41)
    Service was running slightly early or on time. Hard to tell as the service is a GX stopping at Gatwick then Brighton. Was proceeding to Brighton then stopped at signal T413 (yellow sign nearby shows 47 11) where I am 3 miles out of Brighton. This started where I had around 6 minutes to arrive to Brighton (Arrival due at 09:37) and I waited until 10:12 at the red light until I gave up and closed down the game.

Whilst waiting, I checked the network map, and could see 3 trains in front of me. The 2 in front of me are both 12 carriage, and were stopped at red signals, and the 3rd was a 4 carriage train which had a green signal to proceed, but the train appeared to be stopped short of the signal and would not proceed. I could see no trains sat in Brighton station itself.

This is about as much information as I can provide.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Joel Hazeldene

Joel Hazeldene New Member

I'm stuck too whilst doing the London Commuter in chapter mode.
    I am doing the Gatwick Express Service: 1M03 Brighton to London Victoria Plat 14, (17:46)
    I'm stopped at a Red Signal: Signal number, VC-624. In between Wandsworth Common Station & Balham Station.
    I checked to look at the map and many other trains are stopped at red lights on the line including Victoria Station.
    Got any suggestions?
    Note: I'm using PS4

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  12. rpb1966

rpb1966 Well-Known Member

Never realised that there was an official thread so here goes. I use a PS4 Pro

All below applies to the Class 377....... all service mode

As I have read the frame rate at Victoria is choppy, but past Clapham Junction it improves, this is on all services I have used.

The AWS warning alarm on the 377 is so quiet.

The sound of the horn on the exterior cameras running between 30-90 mph sounds like a strangled duck.

The outside sounds from inside the cab cut out at times, but this frequent.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

I am also a PS4 user and I would say get it. I have the season ticket so have all three rush hour routes. They all have problems but I don't regret getting them. I have had a lot of enjoyment on the BML since it was released with no game breaking problems for me.

14. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

Right so I did a quick test with the Scenario planner today on PS4, loaded up 2 services one a 387 and one a 377 so it has to load 2 train models into memory as it would for the ‘normal’ base route. Both services I set to run from Victoria at about mid day. I then loaded up the scenario. Frame rate was silky smooth and walking around the station and even out onto the tracks outside of the station was also silky smooth. Obviously this is just 2 basic services but this would indicate to me that the frame rate issues with ‘service mode’ must surely be related to the sheer volume of services on the route and not just due to the complexity of the scenery around London.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  15. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

We dont need that high number off playable services...nobody going to complete all...i would be happy with 50 playable services for each loco...bring back layers...and Fill the rest with AI...

• Like Like x 3
  16. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

I've tried playing London Commuter this morning again and had to quit after a minute. The frame rate is just ridiculous for a high speed train game. Looking at the roadmap I don't get why there are still routes in production when the just released routes clearly need lots more work.

• Like Like x 1
  17. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

I think this busy timetable is too busy! Noticed a few train que's going on & it seems like every signal block has a train in it, I'm not sure if this is how the route actually is but to me it seems over busy!

18. chris_jwnr

chris_jwnr New Member

Found this thread after the event , but my experience this morning was as a few commented already.
    17:46 GX 1M03 Brighton to London Victoria.
    Ran a few minutes ahead of schedule. Checked by some yellows as expected then found signal VC624 at danger, approximately 18:40. Waited. Kept waiting and could see a few AI movements ahead and around me by using the route map, but nothing apparent on the line I needed to clear. Several AI remained queued ahead of me on the line ahead. Including a train stood at Victoria which appeared to block the points to the platform I was apparently planned to arrive.
    After an hour of running the service in the background this signal remained at danger so quit the service.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. antwerpcentral

I read somewhere the tutorials of London Commuter run smooth so I tried the tutorials and yes the tutorials run very smooth. I don't get it. Why can't the rest of the game run as smooth as the tutorial?

20. davemc#8546

davemc#8546 New Member

Thank goodness. Thought I was going mad. Raised for discussion on facebook TSW2 group and received an answer that it was a "little hampton" unit at the front that shouldn't have been there. Now removed but on the 3rd attempt got to Brighton, opened the doors, and crash. Not amused. 4th attempt I got to signal 435 on red waiting for crossing service so I saved the game. Got a yellow proceed, go to platform 3, opened the doors, and crash again. This time i reloaded game from "save' and now stuck at red light for over 50 minutes. Have raised a ticket with support.
    Hope this helps.

21. ace

ace Member

Yes, same here.

22. ace

ace Member

I wouldn’t say I was ahead of schedule, but I sure would’ve been behind if I waited any longer. Multiple trains in front of me just stopped at stations. It was the first scenario after training. I made one stop at Gatwick Airport (the planes landing were very cool) and then proceeded on to where I got stopped, after about another 10 min or so of driving. Waited about 20 minutes or so then quit because nothing was moving in front of me according to the map. Sorry I forgot the scenario name. I did the first couple of training modules then this scenario popped up and I started it. Still had fun….

23. ace

ace Member

Same thing here…

24. rpb1966

rpb1966 Well-Known Member

I do not know if many of you have actually explored on foot, but there is a very noticeable increase in frames even at Victoria, even during rush hour, which did surprise me. Anyone else tried it?

• Like Like x 1
  25. antwerpcentral

Yup almost everything looks way nicer. But the problem is that all the stutter takes your attention away from the effort they put in this route. I did a short service out of Brighton and the game looks awesome. I did a service that started out of Victoria and it didn't matter anymore that everything looked nicer as the lag and stutter was way more noticeable than the improved graphics.

• Like Like x 2
  26. Chas

Chas Well-Known Member

Indeed! Going back to TSW2020 we had stuttering issues on most routes (especially NTP) and they were problematic but bearable and over time various updates improved the situation. The move to TSW2 brought more improvements and the jinxed update to UE helped things too.

BML brings the stuttering issue to a new level. It is more than immersion breaking... it shatters it into a million pieces... vapourises the illusion of actually driving a train. I am a pretty chilled out person but the first few minutes of trying out timetable mode on BML out of Victoria resulted in a stream of expletives that would have made Gordon Ramsay blush.

It was only when I tried out scenario planner with just a few programmed AI trains that I actually appreciated the route. It is really beautiful and obviously required a massive effort to build. Even with a nearly deserted route there still is stuttering on the Victoria to Clapham section which I now avoid and run only between Clapham and Brighton. The awful popups entering E Croydon (heading south) are now the worst part of the experience and the stuttering is acceptable, very occasional and slight between Croydon and Brighton.

• Like Like x 2
  27. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

Playing this game became a sort of torture, at least for some of us. Hey, this game stutters like crazy, but if I close my left eye, I play standing on one leg, I cover my ears and I think of the happiest days of my life, well, that's pretty cool. I stopped making compromises: this game is just poorly done, and every day things are getting worse. I was sincerely hoping for an improvement, at least with London Commuter, but this is just another missed opportunity. Stopped playing this game and buying new content, and no reason for now to change my mind...

• Like Like x 1
  28. Dave the Guard

Dave the Guard New Member

The problem on 1M03 Brighton to London Victoria (Chapter 1 GXhibit, departure 17:48) on PS4 is that from the beginning of the journey there is an AI train at Victoria that is halfway out of leaving Victoria station and refuses to move, meaning that trains in and out of the station and around it are unable to leave or enter Victoria station. This eventually leads to a backlog of multiple trains along the line of the train the player is driving, meaning that 3.5 miles out of Victoria, you can’t proceed any further and get stuck at a red signal that won’t change. It feels like a similar issue to Cement Circle on the first train sim world, which was never resolved on the old game and couldn’t be completed until TSW2 came out. Please don’t allow this to be the same case as that and please resolve the issue as quickly as possible. This was reported by other players several days ago and still hasn’t been resolved.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  29. TCX

TCX New Member

I've got exactly the same issue - also using PS4. Has anyone managed to find a fix for this or a workaround?

30. tcmikaelsouza

Good morning, Yes I have the same problem, it has already been reported to DTG, we have been waiting for the correction for 84 years (Reference to Titanic) kkkk

31. Selimbaba

Selimbaba Member

The problem with 1M03 Brighton - London service still exists. A train blocks London Victoria from the beginn 20220211_203016.jpg ing of the service and it do not move.

32. Selimbaba

Selimbaba Member

Any idea how to find the last two posters for the Gull UP trophy? They still seem to be bugged :(

33. tcmikaelsouza

Good morning.

For me, after a recent update this issue was resolved, and I was able to complete this journey without any major problems.

34. Selimbaba

Selimbaba Member

It seems to be a difference, if you play the service 1M03 in journey mode or time table mode. In journey mode London Victoria is still blocked by a train as shown in my picture above and you can't finish the service.
    In time table mode is no train blocking Victoria Station, so you have no problem to finish the service.
    Funny, isn't it? :)

35. tcmikaelsouza

this is very strange as I completed this service via journey table, the only service I can't complete is "Fast Lane"

36. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I was able to complete this service on journey mode on PS5. The fact some players can and others can’t is frankly weird. I don’t know how it can work for some and not for others.

37. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Making sorting problems out even more difficult for DTG to sort out.

• Like Like x 1
  38. phillipa#1949

phillipa#1949 Active Member

Fast lane Scenario has still not been fixed PS4 version

• Like Like x 1
  39. tcmikaelsouza

Here too, on PS4 Fast Lane remains unchanged.

40. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

No eran 3, eran 8 y ahora funciona, si no recarga el DLC.