Lbn Watching The World Achievement

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by junior hornet, Oct 9, 2021.

1. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I’ve noticed that for the Watching the World achievement (ride100 miles as a passenger), the miles only clock up when you are using the internal camera. I noticed this because I had ridden about 20 miles, mostly using the external camera to admire the view, but on 4 miles clocked up, despite the fact that technically, I was still in my seat. I then experimented using a mixture of cameras and found this to be the case.

I’m not sure if this is the same for other similar achievements (e.g. on IOW).

Is this intentional or a known issue? It’s going to be a pretty boring 100 miles. I think I’ll set it running and go and do something else, which surely defeats the object of an achievement.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

For me the only object of the achievements in this game is to have those achievements. They take very little to get and give you no benefit in having them anyway

3. junior hornet

Except 50 reward points :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. ARuscoe

Which do...?

5. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I expect the behaviour is the same for all passenger distance achievements. TSW really needs some new types of achievements.

6. davebadger#4587

davebadger#4587 Member

Microsoft reward points can be used for gift cards. I have just earnt a £10 one. Going to use it to get the baby bullet and so will only cost me £0.79, bargain!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  7. ARuscoe

Well that's good. At least you get something. I'm on PC so I think I get some form of "steam store badge" which doesn't do anything

8. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

I bought my Series S with reward points. I kinda had a LOT of them banked after buying a Series X.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. davebadger#4587

davebadger#4587 Member

Nice, you must have banked a massive amount.

10. Boris The Frog

Boris The Frog Active Member

Wow, that's ultra impressive. I normally get to around 35k and, well, just can't help myself :cool:
    Although this time around I am on a mission to reach 58,500 points before 26th October so I can snap up NASCAR Ignition for free.

11. davebadger#4587

davebadger#4587 Member

Wow do you all have an easy way to get points.

12. Boris The Frog

Boris The Frog Active Member

Not really. If you don't make many digital purchases then it can be a bit of a long-winded affair to get to a position where you have a reasonable amount of reward points. My average seems to be in the region of 10,000 points per month but when Microsoft do a gamerscore = reward points promo or my weekly task reaches it's 10 week trigger point (5000 points) it can be quite a lot more.

The hardest part is not spending them in bits and pieces.

13. junior hornet

I got Rush Hour for free using reward points and have just cashed in £10 worth so 1938 stock will only cost me £1.99 (or £0.79 if it is reduced for Game Pass members). More than makes up for lack of Xbox sales.

If I decide to get West Cornwall, I will have to splash out some cash :( but hopefully by then I should have a fiver’s worth of points.

14. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Set up a script to run a bunch of bing searches daily for 100pts/day, claim your 50/day for getting an achievement, get the 100 for the treasure each week, and that should all contribute to getting the weekly bonus for another hundred each week. That's almost enough for a £5 gift card per month. On top of that there are ones for monthly events which usually involve stuff like getting an achievement in one of a number of games currently being promoted. Often those will be games you own.